- Family

BTS FF You Never Walk Alone

I nod shyly, "Was it you? I swear it was your voice. That's why when I first met you, I freaked out."

Jimin let's out a loud scream, "!" I jump at the noise. He scans the poolside, then gets down to my level again and holds my shoulders. "Listen, Yona. No matter what! Do not let Jungkook know you know."

I furrow my eyes, "What? Why? He did it?"

Jimin pulls me into his chest, "You don't know how dangerous he really is. Jungkook wants you to believe it was me. Ever since the party, he got a glimpse that you believe it's me. Remember, until we get home, don't reject Jungkook in any way, shape, or form. If you show any fear, he will take advantage of it. Play along with his act, okay?"

I take a deep breath trying to process everything. My body soon begins to shake, "Jimin... I'm sorry." Tears come down my cheeks, "I accused you, without knowing anything. I'm sorry."

Jimin wipes away my tears, "Stop crying. It's okay. I will explain everything once we get off of the cruise." He kisses my forehead, "It's the second time you cried today."

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"Nothing." Jimin let's go of me, "Go back to your room. You need to fix up your ugly face."

My head explodes, he's nice one moment, but the next minute, he's a jerk. I stand up and walk away, "Whatever! Jimin, you !"

I hear his laughter fade as I walk further away. When I reach my room, I spot Jungkook standing in front of the door. I gulp down a breath of air, "Jungkook.."

He looks at me, "Yona. You're finally back. Where did you go?"

I walk over to quickly unlock the door, "I was at the pool. "I suddenly remember Jimin told me to act normal, "You know the usual... tanning."

"Hmmm, tanning in a hoody?"

Think, think, think. I open the door, "I was just about to come back to change, then go again."

He questions again, "Tanning at an indoor pool?" My hands stick to the door handle, I make up something to say. I open my mouth, but Jungkook cuts in, "Then again, whatever makes you happy Yona."

I look straight into his eyes, it's heartwarming. I feel like crying. How can such an innocent looking guy do things like that? I can't even imagine. Without noticing I let out, "Jungkook... why?"

"Hmm?" There was a short silence. Jungkook leans into my ears, "Yona. Are you okay?"

I shift my gaze and open the door fully open, "Wanna come in?"

Jungkook stands in place tucking his hands into his pocket, "Did Jimin say something to you?"

Now, I really want to cry. I shake my head no really hard. I feel the blood rushing to my head and unable to speak. I stare at Jungkook with wide eyes, "What?" I run my fingers through my hair, "What do you mean?"

"Oh. Nothing. Just wondering." I turn away from him, facing the wall. Jungkook's voice surprises me, "Is it okay for me to come in?"

Without looking back, I answer, "Yeah! Come in." I take a seat on my bed, "So, how are you liking the trip?"

Jungkook sits next to me, leaning back, "Hmm, could be better. I'm not a fan."

I furrow my brows, "Why? It's been fun."

Jungkook sits up straight, "It's not fun. Wanna know why? Because I haven't been able to see you."

His stare paralyzes my body. I feel cold sweat forming, "What do you mean? Where have you been? I wanted to hang out with you, but Jimin tells me..." I lost where I was going with the conversation. Now that I mentioned Jimin, I'm more screwed!

"Jimin... huh."

"He tells me you're quite popular. So you never come back to the room."

"I see." Jungkook glances at occasionally, "What do you think?"

My body heats up, "Well... I-um, I don't know." I find words to say, "I mean, you're nice and all. But I just don't know you enough."

"Don't know me enough?"

His voice and questions were intimidating me. I finally couldn't stand it anymore, I raise my voice "Jungkook!"

Jungkook's looks surprised and laughs. A place inside my heart didn't want to believe that he's doing all this. How can such a perfect person do that? I let out a sigh. Jungkook slides closer to me, "Yona," I feel his breath on my neck, "What did Jimin tell you?"

I start to tremble, I don't know how to control it. Jungkook leans away and I speak up, "Jungkook, will you hate me after this?"

He looks at me with soft eyes, "Yona. I would never hate you."

"Jimin... he told me. You're a player, so I should stay away from you. Reject you, hate you and even worse hurt you." I take a deep breath, "I just couldn't do that! Because the first time I saw you, I already... fell in love with you." I want to throw up, "That's why I got angry. Angry when I saw you kissing another girl. Jealous, when you didn't return to your own room at night. So jealous that I took what Jimin said to my heart!"

Jungkook puts his hand on my head, and pulls me into his arms, "Is that what he said?" I nod, he rubs the back of my head, "I would never hate you for that, Yona. You love me and it's out of love. I understand."

Tears run down my face. Not because of fear, but accepting the truth. Jungkook is a good actor. I cry, this time, in a different man's arm. A dangerous one, yet so warm. I really want to puke at what I'm saying, "I thought you would hate me... Hate me for being jealous. Hate me for loving you."

Jungkook gets up from the bed, "Yona, get some rest. When you feel better, I will tell Jimin to off."

I try to look worried, "Wait, what?"

Jungkook gives me a peck on my lips, "Jimin's interested in you, but you're mine. He needs to understand that."

Jungkook leaves without saying anything else. I shake from the shock, hurriedly trying to grab my phone. I call Jimin, "Ji-Jimin. Help. Help me. I don't know what I've put myself through. Jungkook came to see me right after I left you. I told him some made up a story that sounded reliable and he believed it. What's gonna happen now? What if... what if he finds you and kill you?"

"Yona, calm down. He can't kill me. I'm his brother. Where are you?"

"In my room."

"Did he leave?"

"Yeah, just now."

"Tell me what you told him," I explain the whole situation to Jimin. He calmly listens as if he knows the ways and tricks to defend himself against Jungkook. After I was done, he finally spoke, "I will make things work out. Don't worry. You rest up and just make sure he trusts you."

"You'll be okay?"

"You trust me. I know him inside out. He can't hide what he's thinking from me."

I let out a sigh, "Jimin, please be careful. I don't want you being in danger."

"Aw! Did you worry about me? Are you falling for me? I mean, I did save you."

My face becomes flushed, "Shut up!" I hang up the phone before Jimin can sway me with more silly words. Even though I hated him before; now, I see him differently. With all he's done since the trip, I can't help, but feel a smile forming whenever I think of him. I flop back on the bed and closes my eyes. The silence was so peaceful, it put me to sleep.

•••

I arrive home after a 4 day, 3-night cruise. My mom stands in the doorway when I came into the house. Mom jumps on to me, she kisses my "Yona! I missed you so much!" Then grabs my suitcase and asks, "How was it? Fun?"

I nod my head, "I'm glad I decided to go."

"See? Mommy is never wrong. Did you bond with Jungkook and Jimin?"

I halt in my steps, "Haha," I turn around to a wide smile, "Yes, ma. We're closer than ever."

"Really? Wonderful!"

I enter my room, nothing was changed since I left. I lay in my bed thinking, I should call Taehyung and tell him it's safe to see each other now. I let out a sigh and sit up. My phone rings, Jungkook's name appears. I feel my body tremble because of fear and hate. I pick up the call with a calm voice, "Hello?"

"Hey, Yona. I just wanted to call to make sure you got home safely."

"You don't have to worry. I'm in my bed."

"Good, good, good. Then, I will talk to you later."

"Mhm."

I hang up the call and let out a sigh. I better plan something, or else he's really going to believe I care about him. Jungkook is sweet, I will admit it. But the problem is, he's scary. There's another side to him I don't know. I hear my door creak open, I see my mom, "Mom, is there something you want?"

"Was that Jungkook? Or Jimin?"

"Mom!"

"What? I just want to hold a grandchild before I get old!"

I pull my mom next to me on my bed, "Mom, don't worry. Time will take its course." I give a smile, "Right now, I just want you to be happy. It's already been awhile since daddy has passed away. I'm sure he wants you to find happiness."

Mom's eyes become teary, she places her hands on my cheeks. I take her other hand in my hand. She sighs, "Yona-ah," she pauses, "You'll understand when you have children, with the man you love. Your dad will always be the only man I love." Mom starts to cry and I couldn't do anything, but cry, as well. Mom hiccups, "When you love someone as much as this, I don't think there's anyone who can replace him. Yona, thank you. But my happiness is whenever you're happy."

"Mom..." I turn away from her gaze because her last few words made my tears come down even harder.

"Yona, darling. I may be impatient sometimes and selfish, but I love you."

"I know, mom. All these years, you've raised me yourself." I made up my mind, "Mom, I've decided."

"Hm?"

"I'm want to attend college. The one Doctor Jeon mentioned."

I see the shock in my mom's eyes, "Really?"

"Mhm."

My mom jumps up with excitement and leaves my room. I can hear her brag about it to my grandparents over the phone. I lay back down on my bed. I let my eyes rest, just happy that I'm back home.

•••

A few days later, I meet up with Tae at the gym. He still has a pout on his face since the trip, "You still mad?"

Tae doesn't make eye contact, "Why would I be mad? Yona, you're too full of yourself."

I roll my eyes and wrap my arms around his neck for him to look at me, "Tae, I'm sorry. How about I take you out later? Buy anything you want!"

"For real? Like anything?"

"Yep."

A smile finally forms on his face, "Oh, yeah! We're expecting a visitor."

"Who?"

"Jimin."

My body gets hot when I heard his name, "Why? Did you guys get closer to my back?"

"Hehe, he and I have a lot in common."

"I see, so you're ditching me. Thanks, Tae."

I wander away from him as he calls my name. I feel a hand on my waist as I pass the men's changing room. It was dark and I couldn't see who it was. I stutter, "Who are you?"

A light breeze touches my ear, "Take a guess, little girl."

My mind becomes blank. I know who's behind me. Jimin. I feel his hard chest against my back and his hands tightly wrapped around my waist. His breath against my neck is making me crazy. I come to my senses, "Jimin! What are you doing?"

"What? How do you know it's me? I can't see you?"

"See me? No, Jimin. Literally, we can't even see each other right now!"

In the dark room, I feel Jimin's hand start to move to my , "Yona, you just finished your workouts?"

I spin around in surprise, he suddenly lifts my chin. I feel my lips touch a warm surface. I instantly notice Jimin's face in the dark. As handsome as ever, too y for me to stay still. I grab his neck, deepening the kiss. He bites my lower lip and I start to feel a tongue exploring my mouth. Jimin's lip was moving very fast, so fast that I couldn't keep up. In between the kisses, I try to breath, "Ji...min... I... need.. to bre..athe!"

I finally push him away. While gasping for air, the light turns on. Jimin runs his hands through his hair, "Yona, you're really something. So weak, you can't even handle a kiss?"

"Jimin, I'm not like you. Who has experience."

He smirks and inches closer again, "Do you want me to teach you?" Jimin rests his head on my shoulder. I can feel his tongue start to circle on the neck and then a kiss. He lifts up his head and faces me, "There. That's it for today."

I push him away, "I need to change. Tae is outside waiting for you."

I walk out of the men's changing room. I run into a tall figure, when I looked up, it was Tae. His face was stern, "Yona? What were you doing in there?"

Embarrassed, I couldn't think of an excuse. I just ran into the women's changing room. When I came out, I spot Jimin and Tae at the exit. Jimin looks over, "Yo, done?"

I nod and glance at Tae. He ignores me and walks ahead of Jimin and I. We drive to the mall in silence, with the music playing loudly as a distraction. The car finally stops in a parking lot. I step out of the car at the same time as Tae. Our eye contact was short, but I can tell he's angry about something. As we enter the mall, I follow behind Tae and Jimin; who are playfully talking. I look around the mall. There weren't that many people.

"Yona. Yona! YONA!"

My head swings to the voice, "Hm?"

Jimin waves his hands, "I know a shop that's really expensive. Tae says he wants to go. It's all on you, right?"

My attention shifts to Tae, "Yeah."

The store was an all-male clothing store. I look around to find something that would make Tae happy. I spot a jean jacket a furry color, "Tae, wanna try this on? I think it suits you."

Tae comes over and takes it off the hanger, "Let's go to the fitting room."

"Why? You can just try it on here."

"Yona, let's go."

I obeyed his request. When we got to the fitting room, Tae stands at the door, "Come in."

"Huh? Why?"

He grabs my arm and pulls me in. I feel my back push up against the stall. Tae stares intensely into my eyes, "Yona, what were you doing in the men's changing room?"

I avoid his gaze, "I-I-"

"You were with Jimin, right?"

"It's not like I wanted to go in, Jimin forced me."

Tae lets out an aggressive sigh, "You understand that it's dangerous."

"I know, but there wasn't anyone else in there."

"Yona.." He shakes his head, "You know how worried I was when I saw you come out?" Tae wraps me in his chest, "I don't want you hurt."

"Look, Tae. I'm fine though."

"I know. I want you to understand, I treasure you. I want you to be mine. Cuz I love you."

I thought time froze. I couldn't breathe or hear my heartbeat. Tae leans into my face and plants a kiss on my lip. I break the silence, "Wait, Tae. Me? What?"

"Yona. I know this is sudden for you, but my love for you is too much. Much more than Jimin or Jungkook. I won't lose."

"Tae, I'm not doubting your love. It's just, as you said, a bit sudden. You were always an older brother to me. We get along well, so I don't want to push you away just because you feel different."

"Yona, please think about it. Even though I may not afford everything you want, but I can make you happy."

"Tae... Please let me think about it."

"Okay."

He lets go of me and I feel warmth leave my body, "Tae, but promise me one thing."

"Hm?"

"No matter what my answer is, our relationship  won't change."

"Of course!"

We both leave the fitting room with eyes gawking at us. We let out a small chuckle and went to find Jimin. Jimin was standing in at the exit of the store on his phone. Tae nudges my shoulder, "I'm going to buy this. I will be right back."

I nod my head and walk towards Jimin,  "Ji-"

"WHAT?... WHERE IS SHE NOW?...IN THE HOSPITAL? IS SHE OKAY?... Okay, okay. I will be right there."

My heartfelt a punch, she? Jimin turns any my existence startles him, "Jimin. Is something wrong?"

Jimin runs his hands through his hair, "Where's Taehyung? We need to go."

"He is checking out, right now. Did something-"

"TELL HIM TO HURRY!" He shakes his head, "I'm sorry. Please hurry, it's an emergency."

I feel a hand on my shoulder, "Let's go."

I turn to my left. Tae gives me a sweet smile.

•••

Jimin runs into the hospital leaving Tae and me behind. Tae looks at me, "Are you okay? What happened?"

"I don't know."

We enter the hospital and I see Jungkook sitting in a chair, hung over his legs.

"Jungkook, what's going on?"

Jungkook lifts up his head to answers Tae's question, "My sister... she just collapsed again."

I sit next to Jungkook, "Jimin... Did he run in here?"

"Yeah. He's probably trying to get into the surgery room. I don't know why he's insisting so much. My dad won't allow it."

Tae asks, "What happened to your sister?"

"She always had a weak heart, so most of the time, she's hospitalized. But today, someone took her out. Every now and then, her body would go into shock. I don't know the details, but her heart isn't pumping enough blood. She's only 21. I really hope she can live her life to the fullest."

"I see, I'm sorry."

"Taehyung, there's no need to apologize."

I look down the hall, to where the surgery room is located. I let out a sigh of relief, "So, Jimin must be really worried. Your sister is his own family member."

Jungkook chuckles, "Ha. Here's another reason why I can't stand him."

I squint my eyes, "Huh?"

"Jimin is in love with my sister. We're supposed to be family, right? But he's crossing the border! I CAN'T STAND HIM! WHY DID MY FATHER TAKE  HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE? HE TOOK EVERYTHING FROM ME! MY FAMILY, MY FORTUNE, AND YOU!"

My stomach flip-flops and I feel myself choking on the air in my throat. I pat Jungkook's back, "See? I'm right here. I'm not leaving you."

Jungkook grabs onto me and cries in my chest. I let my tears fall as well. Why? I don't know, but I think it's got something to do with Jimin. I look down at Jungkook in my lap. It's the first time I've ever seen Jungkook so vulnerable. It's as if he's a kid and the things he did to me in the past, didn't matter anymore. A few minutes later, I hear a loud voice echo down the hall, "Yona! Darling, you have an appointment today?"

Jungkook releases me and wipes his tears away, "I'm going to the men's room."

Doctor Jeon sees Jungkook leave, "Oh, the big guy's crying for his sister. He can be so soft-hearted sometimes. Yona, what are you doing here?"

I stand up, "I heard that your daughter went into surgery. We came with Jimin."

"Hyeri? Ah, don't stress over it. She's stable now. Jimin's in the room with her. You can go take a look, I have a few more patients to see. See you around."

Doctor Jeon walks to the recipient's desk. Tae and I head to Hyeri's room. I knock and it suddenly opens. Jimin's eye was red, "Yona, Taehyung?"

Tae speaks up, "Can we come in to see Hyeri?"

Jimin comes out of the room and shuts the door behind him, "She's sleeping right now."

Tae clears his throat, "I see." He tries to pick up another topic, "So, um, ah. How should I put it?"

Jimin glares at Tae, "Put what?"

I interrupt Tae, "Jimin. Hyeri's probably very important to you. You should stay." I link my arm with Tae's, "Tae and I will go shopping ourselves, so you better look at her properly. If you don't, I will get you back for not treating a girl right!"

Jimin gives a weak smile, "Thank you."

Another somersault feeling in my stomach makes me teary. I turn away, dragging Tae alone. Behind me, I hear the door shut and all my tears run without hesitation.

I hiccup, "Tae..."

"Hm? What is it, Yona?"

"The offer...does it still apply even though I have someone else I can't forget right now?"

Tae lifts up my face with both his hands, "I can wait. I'm willing to wait until you love me. I'm confident I will help you forget him."

My arms wrap around Tae, "Thank you. Give me some time and I will learn to love you."