1/1/2018 - SeulRene

drabbles dump

Three hours before the end of the year, Seulgi clutched her phone with both of her hands. Her hands trembled with the shaking of her heart. Her heart thumped hard on her chest that it literally hurt. The corner of her eyes heated, and she felt the tears flowed down her face. Laying on the bed on her right side, the tears all flowed down her right side of the face. Seulgi immediately wiped the tears off her face and opened her mobile's messenger. Three messages were already seen by the people she had messaged, but none of them had replied.

"I guess nobody really cares for me," Seulgi whispered. She was alone in her apartment on the last day of the year. And probably, she will welcome the next year alone, as well. The food she cooked an hour before was left cold and untouched. Seulgi tried to close her eyes and lulled herself to sleep but to no avail. Everytime she closed her eyes, she cannot help but pity herself. She has no one to lean on at times she needs someone. She has no one to talk to when the hard times come. She thought that by the end of the year all her negative thoughts will go away. On the contrary, on the last day of the year, her negative thoughts and self-pity had magnified. Seulgi tried to sleep off her thoughts when a knock came. Nobody answered her message and so she did not expect someone to come. Moreover, it was two hours before the start of the next year.

Wiping her tears away, Seulgi stood up and lazily opened her apartment's door. She was tackled down by a woman around her own height.

"Irene?" Seulgi asked, her voice wavered. The woman on her arms nodded. Seulgi felt her shoulder become wet. She pushed Irene gently to look at her face. She wiped her tears away and then grinned.

"Why are you crying?" Seulgi asked. Irene shook her head and another set of tears flowed. Seulgi shook her head as well, then kissed the other's forehead. Irene clinged on her again.

"Please don't go. I appreciate your existence very much. And I love you very much," Irene's hug on Seulgi tightened. Seulgi, on the other hand, tried to breathe hardly. Her tears were threatening to fall, but she didn't want to cry with Irene this time because she wants to comfort her first. Seulgi nodded and hugged Irene back. Her hands that were once falling on her sides are now placed at the small of Irene's back.

"I know, I know," Seulgi said. Irene pulled away and lightly smacked Seulgi's shoulder.

"You know yet you message me those words! I was really worried you know! I was trying to call you on your messenger but you're not answering! I thought you really did something to hurt yourself!" Irene returned to hug Seulgi again. Seulgi apologized. Irene nodded.

"Thank you for coming tonight Irene," Seulgi said.

"It's nothing. You know I'm always here for you," Irene replied.

"Thank you. I love you very much." As Seulgi said those words, the fireworks outside went off and Irene hadn't heard a single word. She asked Seulgi what she said.

"It's nothing. Happy new year, Irene. Thank you for everything!" Seulgi happily said. Irene hummed and sneaked a kiss on Seulgi's face. The other's face turned red and the temperature around her rose.

"Happy new year to you too Seulgi bear! I love you so much! Don't ever say that nobody cares for you, ok? I'm always here for you! And I love you very very very much!" Irene said and held her best friend's hands. She led her to the dining table and lighted the candle on the table. She poured the iced tea on their glasses.

"This is for everything that has happened last year for us, and for everything that will happen in the next years to come!" They clinged their glasses and drunk the juice until the last drop.

"I love you Bae Joo hyun."

"I love you the most Seulgi bear."