Chapter 2

Changing Tides

Chapter 2

Rebirth / 再生 ARC

 

On his way home one could find Light deep in thought, a stark contrast to the care-free people often associated with him.

‘Gahh! This just doesn’t add up!’ so much so that he had his hands buried in his hair. What stirred so such a disturbance for our young protagonist one might ask? Ever since having found himself in a world where Death Notes and Shinigami’s were perfectly normal, it paid to get your facts right for future reference. It didn’t help that he couldn’t recall some of them even with Light’s stats.

Status

Ding!

Light Yagami

Age: 17

Title: Student at Daikoku Private Academy

HP:  36/40

RP: 0/10

(+5% to exp gain)

STR: 5

PER: 7

END: 3

CHAR: 11

INT: 15

AGI: 4

LUK: 8

For a HS student light had pretty decent stats but his physical stats were crappy. Another thing he came to notice was the absence of a DEX stat. What did that mean? It could be possible it chalked down to natural reflexes and PER. “*sigh* ,lets figure out how this whole dynamic fleshes out for me ,its not like I have anything to rely on except fanon and a load of  imagination.

“Uhm excuse me…”

Brown hair, a complexion that could pass as sort of dusky, light red lipstick and face with an oval cut.

Lo and Behold! Kiyomi Takada. He found it hard to believe that such a woman would end up becoming an ardent Kira supporter. Well, for starters he had Light to blame for that. Another thing that pissed him off was that despite having girls around him that were into him and had no qualms about being open about being open about it Light didn’t have much of a life.

That didn’t set well with him, astonishing given the plethora of other things he could’ve have accused Light of. ‘Damn you Obata or whatever the name of the creator was’

“Hey, how can I help you?, Miss..”

“Takuda, Kiyomi Takuda and you are?” she finished with a smile.

“Light Yagami” he replied with one of his on. If memory served him right. Oh, who was he screwing with. She was one of his Light’s girlfriends and they had probably met for the first time in college. Did that mean that him just being there caused ripples that changed things about the timeline. The teacher he got into trouble with for one wasn’t certainly seen in the first episode. ‘Something tells me that this has something to do with the fact that I for one had this Gamer ability of all things’

“How can I help you Miss Takuda?”

“Oh, just Kiyomi would be fine, Light

Was it him or did they way she said Light leave him with a warm feeling in his stomach. It didn’t take a genius to piece it together that it was love or at the very least the starting of a crush. He could personally back it up having felt it twice in his short life.

‘Not the time’ he could barely keep his rage suppressed at the thought of all that being wrenched out of his old life took from him. He had a life, was finally coming in terms with things he had trouble with all his life,he…

Gamers Mind Actived!

‘Oh no you don’t..’

Unaware of the storm raging in his head Kiyomi decided to voice her question. “Could you tell me where this..”

15 minutes later

“Arrigatou, see you later , Light

“Ja Ne Kiyomi”

They had spent the better part of his time taking her to the particular bookstore in silence. Something he would punched himself in the gut for having done. But his mind wasn’t in it. Shoving his hands back into his pockets he made his way back to his house.

Somethings just weren’t fair