Full Moon

Blessings of the Moon

Tiffany was nearly at the edge of an anxiety breakdown if they don't reach their destination within the next few minutes. She tried everything, from tapping her fingers anxiously by the car seat to bitting her fingers, there was nothing she can do to stop the forces of nature. It was imbued into her from the moment Tiffany was born and it took every cell in her to keep her sanity intact. Long story short, the last thing she wanted is to transform into a full blown wolf with Taeyeon still in the car, not that Taeyeon minded. But hey, a girl has her own insecurities about something, no matter how much others tell them that they really don't mind. Tiffany wondered for a moment if those people, well, not Taeyeon of course, will sing the same tune when they get mauled in the face by a werewolf. 

 

They had left earlier, knowing how Tiffany gets every full moon but alas, there was a major car accident on the way and traffic was terrible, a situation that they didn't anticipate.

 

"We are nearly there, Hun," Taeyeon grabbed Tiffany's jittery hand and kissed the back of her hand. The action soothed her nerves somewhat but the itch down the back of her spine was still tingling.

 

Just as the car turned into the familiar dirt road and came to a stop, Tiffany literally jumped out of the car.

 

Without sparing a moment, Tiffany pulled her top off and felt the cool evening breeze against her skin. She didn't even bothered to take the rest of her clothing off when she felt the back of shoulder blades stretched. It probably looked and sounded painful as her bones cracked and expanded but Tiffany was accustomed to the transformation that it was more of a relief than anything. Well, she probably needed a new pair of jeans but all is well, Taeyeon is attentive and has made her packed more than a pair of comfy pants.

 

Tiffany realised though, she should have at least stepped a little further away from the car as she grew larger and leaned against the car door.

 

"Hmm, nothing to worry about," Taeyeon bent forward to inspect the damage. "Just a small dent, no big deal." 

 

Taeyeon nodded to herself as she picked up the shirt that Tiffany has discarded earlier and dusted the dirt off. 

 

"Go along, doggie," Taeyeon waved her hand dismissively with a smirk.

 

Tiffany growled in displease.

 

Taeyeon chuckled, knowing how Tiffany disliked being teased like that.

 

"Alright alright, go do your thing. I will set up camp at our usual spot." Taeyeon tiptoed to pat Tiffany as she has grown significantly bigger and taller in size.

 

Tiffany blinked at Taeyeon.

 

AWWWWUUUUUUUUHHHHHH!

 

"Wooo," Taeyeon huffed and waved in front of her nose. "We really need to talk about cutting down on those garlic ribs you like so much."

 

Tiffany merely glared at Taeyeon.

 

"Well go on, you are in my way, I need to set up the tent."

 

Tiffany kneeled down and ruffled her head against Taeyeon's hand before turning away, earning a smile from Taeyeon.

 

"Don't go too far, I will get your other favourite, pork belly, ready when you are back!" Taeyeon yelled from a distance.

 

Tiffany smiled happily as she raced into the night with the full moon held high. 

 

-

 

Something is wrong.

 

Tiffany stopped merely ten minutes into her run. 

 

The scent in the air had something different mixed in. A tinge of pungent smell that disgusted Tiffany made her let out a disgruntled growl.

 

Taeyeon.

 

Pork belly.

 

Alcohol.

 

MEN.

 

NO.

 

Tiffany turned around immediately and ran with all her might back the same direction she came from. She had made significant distance within ten minutes, having inhumane strength and stamina. The thought of Taeyeon pushed her potential to her limits, carrying Tiffany at incredible speed to their usual spot by the lake next to the gentle cliff.

 

The closer she got, the louder the commotion got. It was mostly jeerings and wolf whistling from the men (Tiffany hated how they called it wolf whistling because damn hell she would never do that.) but she couldn't hear anything from Taeyeon except the strength of her strong heartbeat. Taeyeon is strong, Tiffany knew that. But calmness in the face of a dangerous situation isn't everything.

 

Tiffany halted to an abrupt stop by the cliff, kicking some stones down the edge. She howled into the otherwise silent night and drew the attention of the audience by the lake.

 

The men had already backed Taeyeon to a corner though Taeyeon has not shown any signs of fear. She looked up at Tiffany and smiled.

 

The nerve of her! Why is she still smiling at such situation?!

 

The men gasped when they saw Tiffany in her glorious wolf form, baring her bloodthirsty large fangs.

 

Good. At least they still know they are in huge trouble despite being drunk. They are going to pay for making me turn back.

 

Tiffany glared at Taeyeon as well.

 

You too, Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon shrugged, seemingly in absolute understanding of what Tiffany was thinking.

 

Tiffany pushed the back of her legs and leaped into the air. She landed gracefully next to the group and immediately growled angrily at the men.

 

One of them shrieked like a dolphin, another dropped to the ground and the last stood frozen and paled.

 

"Babe, why are you back so early? You don't usually return till at least an hour later." Taeyeon said sweetly to the wolf. The men stared at Taeyeon as if she had gone utterly mad.

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes at Taeyeon, if that was wolfly possible.

 

"I can take care of myself, Hun, you know that." Taeyeon lectured nonchalantly before turning towards the man still standing and smiled.

 

The man caught Taeyeon's eyes and was smittened immediately. His eyes glazed over and his jaw loosened. 

 

The man who shrieked, well, shrieked again before running away in the opposite direction for his life.

 

"Yah, YAH!" The man on the ground pulled the pants of the man standing, in an attempt to call him but the standing man was long gone. 

 

Tiffany bellowed in displeasure at Taeyeon.

 

"What? I haven't done anything." Taeyeon pouted, raising her hands in defeat. "I haven't done anything in a long while, not after I met you. I have only eyes for you, babe."

 

"Wha... what are you?" The shaking man on the ground asked.

 

"Glad you ask," Taeyeon grinned before turning to Tiffany. "You are not the only one the full moon fancies, you know."

 

The bright full moon shone upon Taeyeon and blue light luminated and surrounded Taeyeon. She glowed in the most mystifying way as her tails appeared behind her -- all nine of them.

 

Another shriek tore into the calm night and Tiffany lurched forward impatiently.

 

Taeyeon chuckled and shook her head, albeit lovingly.

 

"Save me their livers, would you, Hun?" 

 

-

 

A/N: Ghosts checked. Zombie checked. Vampire checked. Immortal checked. Werewolf checked. Gumiho checked. Now what else? 🤔