First Week

Lifeline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

 

 

I looked at my mom and before the preaching starts I hurriedly went out to the back exit of the church and settled myself to the hidden corner where nobody can see me. 

 

 

 

 

I took out the lighter in my pocket and rummage my bag, searching for my cigarettes. 

 

 

 

 

It's always been like this every sunday for the past 11 months, me with my family going to church. It started when my mom has been invited by one of her officemate to go to an event at some church and after spending the whole day in that place? 

My mom had proclaimed herself that she has been born again with a new spirit and soul, encouraging all of us to go with her the next Sunday. 

 

 

 

 

And that's how the story starts! 

Where my brother, dad and I had no other choice to be with mom at the church. 

At first I didn't care that much at all but after two ing months? It started to get really boring, so I bailed out almost every time before the preaching will start. 

 

 

 

 

It was all good. 

Me, sitting here alone, doing almost nothing but then one day? 

A ing midget appeared in front of me, wearing a smile, exposing his crooked two front teeth.

 

 

 

 

 

and everything changed.

 

 

 

 

 

When I found the packed of cigarette in my bag, I pulled out one stick in the pack and put it between my lips. I lighted it with my lighter and puffed my first smoke of the day. 

 

 

 

 

I didn't care at all if it affects my lungs or any part of my internal organs.

It's been my way to burn all of the negativity that the world always accorded us to feel. 

 

 

 

 

 

I don't care at all.

 

 

 

 

 

At least, I wanted to believe that. 

 

You see, I'm the one and only black-sheep inside our family tree. Everywhere I go? I always get into trouble even though I tried my best to avoid it. 

I can't get an A or even a B an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter