ON MY OWN

Distance between us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"daddy, daddy wake up!" the little four years old girl shake the androgynous body hurriedly at the last possible moment.

"I'm gonna late again!" the little girl on the verge of tears.

"I'm up! Go get ready yourself." the handsome androgynous body who jump up hastily from the bed and dash around in the house. This is a normal morning in the Liu's house, always rushed and a little bit messy. Amber busily made a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for the kid's breakfast, but can't find her car key. "Ashley, let’s go, I'll wait for you in the car." the old one finally found the key hide under the coffee table and yell.

On the road to school, Ashley was head down tapping Amber 's smartphone, seems slightly depressed, amber notice that thus attempts to find some interesting topic to cheer up that pouting face. "hey little princess, would you like MAC D for your lunch? we can buy it on the way to school." Ashley rolls her eyes and says Miss Lin just text to Amber, she will bring Ashley lunch at school, cause Amber must be overslept, “how does she know that I'll oversleep? and don't roll your eyes like your mommy, that's rude."

"she said she text you last night, but didn't get anything, so she assumes you work late again." "Uh huh. How nice of her, could you tell her thank you for me? I'll give her my appreciation another day" Amber said with a monotone.

"I miss mommy." Ashley said in a low voice after few minutes of quiet.

“well, I'm truly sorry baby, you know my job is fluctuant, especially compose music can't be interrupted, otherwise inspiration will fade away, but I do love you, you know that, right?" Amber struggles with her record label hitting a huge success which reduces her financial burden, in the meanwhile she doesn’t have enough time to keep her child company, yes, she is a gay single mother who raises her child exhaustingly on her own, however, she is a fighter, she needs to tough enough and won’t admit defeat easily.

 

A month ago

 Krystal fly to Las Angels for a fashion brand photoshoot, after this occupation, she finally gots a precious 10 days vacation. it’s been half years that didn't visit her baby girl Ashley, she just can’t escape from her tight schedule.

 After she gave birth to Ashie, she focuses on movie acting and modeling, singing while dancing is physical overload for her bearings. Despite she puts her effort in face time with Ashley almost every day, she misses her baby extremely even more. Amber and Krystal had a separated agreement that Ashley must live in Korea with Krystal at Christmas holiday and summer vacation. last time they meet up was Christmas last year.

"little princesses, are you excite about mommy is coming?" Amber asked from driver’s side.

"of course, I miss her like crazy and her tteok-bokki too and kimbap hehe, ohh and hot doenjang jjigae, daddy, I'm peckish ." Ashle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter