The Magic of Christmas Time

This Christmas (One-shot)

She grips the black, glittered microphone tightly on her small hand as she sing with all her heart. It on when you're praying; absorbing the perfect moment. All fans' eyes light up when she closed her eyes and got into her  is Christmas. She will spend her holiday alone since the others are away and one specific person is miles and miles away from her.

After the wonderful song, her eyes met one of the audience that made her smile. Yoona, who has tears formed on her eyes smiled back to the little girl standing on the stage as the crowd shout loudly. She mouthed "you did well, Taeyeon-ah", Taeyeon's smile grew even bigger.

Day 1 and day 2 went well as expected, day 3 is different. Feels different.

Before starting the concert—as the hall begins to be occupied by the fans—Taeyeon sat on her chair backstage while stylist unnie is making her more beautiful than she already is.

"Taeyeon-ah, what's wrong?" stylist unnie asked while looking at Taeyeon—who is staring blankly at nowhere—through the mirror.

Taeyeon looked at the person who spoke and showed a small smile. "Nothing" she said and sighed. "I just cant believe that this is the last day..." she added, her voice trailing off as she speak.

Stylist unnie gave one more brush on her beautiful, silky hair before placing the comb down and puffed the singer's hair into position. "I know that you will do well as usual" she said. But truthfully, she has no idea of what is running on Taeyeon's mind. "I know why you're sad, she is probably feeling beyond proud of you right now" she added with a reassuring smile. Taeyeon thought that stylist unnie has no idea.  The two girls exchanged smiles after preparing for the concert, just in time for the concert manager to call the singer and say that the stage is waiting for her.

Now that she just finished the title track of her album, she looked around the hall; looking at the fans who is with her throughout her idol years–she always feel thankful.

The continued the concert flawlessly. She danced with all her might, sang from the bottom of her heart; with all the feelings that she's feeling. Seohyun was there, the gorgeous maknae. They sang a duet, which was supposed to be sung by the three of them—including Tiffany. After finishing their duet, the maknae and the leader talked about the absence of one specific person, and Taeyeon couldn't just help it.

"I miss her" she said. The crowd goes wild, Taeyeon smiled nervously. "I contacted her through our group chat, talked about the TTS song that I plan to sing–and other stuff. She has such a bright personality and always gave me energy" she added. The crowd let out a cute little aww together, feeling the bond between Taeyeon and Tiffany. "I miss her" she said again and smiled. And as usual, the crowd went crazy again.

After having a quick little talk with her special guest, she proceeded on the concert again. She sang some of her songs on her summer album. Summer songs on a Christmas concert? Who cares? It's Kim Taeyeon!

 

~~~

 

As the confetti fall from above the hall, the music continues to play after she actually finished the song–she looked up and smiled before closing her eyes, feeling overwhelmed from the love of her wonderful fans as they wave their lightsticks from side to side—the concert is finally over.

 

Taeyeon was sent home by her manager, knowing that she is already tired from the concert. She flopped herself on her huge, comfy bed and her little pup lay down beside her.

 

"Zero-yah" she said while petting the little silver poodle who looked at her cutely. "Merry Christmas" she said. The little pup let out a cute little bark and started to jump around, feeling hyper and all. But Taeyeon wasn't in the mood to play with the little puppy.

 

She reached over to her cellphone and the time showed that it was already past midnight–so that means it's already Christmas. She unlocked her phone and tapped the yelloe icon with the word 'kakao' on a black speechbubble. The girls went crazy.

 

Yoona congratulated her from the concert. The girls greeted each other a Merry Christmas. Taeyeon picked up Zero quickly to send a picture on the group chat. She put some Christmas stickers on the pictures as decorations and hand written "Merry Christmas ♡Taeyeon and Zero" with the red colored editing pen.

 

The girls about the other dog whom she has forgotten about, Ginger. Taeyeon felt sorry and guilty for now acknowledging the other dog. So she called Ginger over for a quick picture and written "I'm here unnies! Merry Christmas ♡Ginger" with a blue editing pen this time. The groupchat is so active at this very moment, asking about what food do they have for Christmas and what gifts they have recieved. Taeyeon sat there quietly while reading through her members' messages.

 

She left the group chat for a while to look at her and Tiffany's private chat. Tiffany hasn't sent her a single message except for the message that she sent before going to sleep, and it shows that the latter is still offline. It is probably morning there of the 24th, that's why Taeyeon couldn't call her during her concert because it is midnight on LA. Taeyeon sighed before tapping the text box to type her message.

 

"Fany-ah, hello 🙂
I just finished the concert a while ago, and it went well (as Yoona and manager oppa said ㅋㅋㅋ)  it's morning there, right? The 24th of December? It's 12am here, and it's Christmas 😊 I remember spending my holidays with you while we open our presents and have a heart to heart talk with a cup of hot cocoa ^^  it's really sad that you are not here Fany-ah 🙁 Taetae is sad ㅠㅠ please message me when you wake up? I miss you.

 

Merry Christmas 🎄😊😘"

 

After sending that message, the latter suddenly went online and a check flashed on the bottom of Taeyeon's message, indicating that the recipient has read the message. Taeyeon smiled happily as she stare on her cellphone, waiting for her reply. But minutes passed, she got nothing. She thought that Tiffany is probably still sleepy and she pressed their conversation accidentally. Taeyeon's smile disappeared quickly. She let out a deep sigh before looking at their group chat once again. It suddenly got quiet.

 

Their last message was a mysterious "see you". The 6 girls said so, Taeyeon couldn't understand what is happening, she was too sad to read the rest of the conversation.

 

She was about to go to sleep but she suddenly heard a knock on her door. Her two pets ran quickly to the door. Taeyeon stood up with a heavy feet while scratching her head and rubbing her tummy underneath her oversized white shirt. She wondered; who would come at her place at this hour?

 

Loud voices was heard when she opened the door. The 6 girls are there–Sunny, Yoona, Yuri, Seohyun, Hyoyeon, and Sooyoung. Sunny was holding an average sized cake with "Congrats on your concert, Taeyeon-ah! You did well~ Love, SNSD" written on it, and a lit blue candle.

 

"SURPRISE!!!" the 6 girls shouted all together, Taeyeon couldn't help but smile. "Merry Christmas!!" they said all together again.

 

The girls planned this days before the concert, knowing that Taeyeon will probably be lonely for Christmas since she will be alone at home. So they decided to surprise her. And it made Taeyeon so happy.

 

"Waaah! Thank you!" she said while clapping her hands. She blew the lit candle as if it's her birthday, and the girls clapped their hands again.

 

Taeyeon welcomed the members inside her home and led them to the kitchen, where they sliced the cake equally for each other. They had a quick talk while eating cake and drinking some bottled soju that Hyoyeon bought. It's beggining to look a lot more like Christmas to Taeyeon, finally.

 

Sooyoung stood up and slammed her hand on the table, surprising Taeyeon. "Taeyeonnie!! We have a gift for you!!" she screamed. The others looked ad her and smiled. Taeyeon looked back at them, one member to another–confused at what us happening. She jumped a little when a knock was heard again. Sooyoung rushed to the door and her hand grabbed the doorknob and she carefully pulled the door wide open.

 

Taeyeon's eyes started to water. She's here. She is wearing a a simple red knitted sweater paired with a simple brown skirt and a weird boots-like shoes. She has a cute ribbon on her head and her arms are spreaded wide open, ready for a big hug.

 

"Merry Christmas, Taeyeon" Tiffany said with her beautiful english accent as her eyes glimmer in joy with the sight of the person that she misses the most.

 

Merry Christmas indeed.