Chapter 2

I fell in love with my best friend [Seulrene]

"my daughter has a crush? Oh my God my daughter has grown up, I'm so proud of you" my dad fake a cry dramatically. 
"it's just a crush dad, it's not like I'm getting married" I roll my eyes. 
"so who's the unlucky girl or boy?" my dad ask playfully. He's always like that. Playful, immature, mid-life although he's almost 40. 36 to be exact. But his personality like that makes me love him. When I said "dad stop being immature" he will say "Yolo" every single time. 
"Dad! She's not unlucky okay" I pout. 
"oh a she? That's nice, I thought you were Heartless little brat" he burst out of laughter loudly laughing at his own joke. Lol. 
"okay okay if you say so" He raise his hand in the air, defeat. 
"who is she? Do I know her?" he ask seriously this time. 
"do you remember Bae's daughter?" my mom ask him.He put his hand on his chin. Wait, dad knows Irene too?
"uh bae's daughter hmm, I think remember" he pause
"her name her name Hmm" He keeps thinking but I've exceed my limit of embarrassment. 
"Irene"
"ah yes Irene, bae's daughter, yes yes she's a cute little girl" My dad nod his head. 
"okay enough talking about Irene, who know she might be choking right now" I smirk and get up from the sofa.
"I'll go to my room first mom and dad, I have to finish my story. My readers already ask me to update since it's been a while since I update it" I kiss my mom and dad's cheek and head to my bedroom. 

I go straight to my study table and face my laptop. Oh I didn't told you did I? I write stories on Asianfanfics. I'm kinda popular in that website because of my interesting stories Hohoho. But I still hide my identity to public. I use my username 'Bearchu'. That's because Irene always calls me bear and her nickname is Baechu. I'm sweet right? I have like 35k views for my story but seriously I think my stories are lame af. I use idols as my characters for my love stories. To be honest, all my stories are based on my imagination with irene. It sounds creepy if it comes from a 50 years old man. Okay back to the story. 

After about 1 hour and 20 minutes typing I finally give up and lay down on my bed closing my eyes. It's 11 p.m but it's still early for a night owl like me. I usually sleep at 2 a.m. As I lay down. I feel something on my back. And then I realized I just lay down on my phone that I left this evening. Well, blinking obviously. I open my phone and see a lot of messages from, Wendy, unknown, unknown, Irene, and notification from Asian fanfics. Out of all that, of course I open Irene's first. 

[Baechu] so tomorrow's offer still on? 
[Baechu] Ddeulgi answer meeee
[Baechu] don't tell me you are fell asleep again Kang. 
[Baechu] sleeping too much is not good for your health Seulgi 
[Baechu] hey wake up
[Baechu] wakey wakey Ddeulgi ya
[Baechu] Wake up or I'll steal your wife
[Baechu] I'm sure you're asleep

Dammit. Those messages were about 1 and a half hour ago. And now it's almost 1120 I bet she must be asleep. Steal my wife? No she won't. Who's my wife? Just a female kpop Idol. Okay not a, female kpop idols, for example Mina from Twice, Hyelin from EXID and Jisoo from Blackpink. 

[Ddeulgi] Baechu ya I'm not sleeping.
[Ddeulgi] I was just finishing the fourth chapter of my story and I took some time  that's why
[Ddeulgi] I'm sorry I didn't reply sooner. 

Honestly, I'm not expecting her to reply me like immediately but to my surprise she does. 

[Baechu] Baechu is sulking 
[Baechu] Ddeulgi is so mean
[Ddeulgi] aww my Baechu don't sulk
[Baechu] since when I'm your Baechu? *pout*
[Ddeulgi] Since you said I'm your girl. 
[Baechu] Oh did I said that? 
[Ddeulgi] yes you did 
[Baechu] Stop it, I don't recall 
[Ddeulgi] don't 'I don't recall' me
[Baechu] okay fine so you're my Ddeulgi and I'm Baechu?
[Ddeulgi] Exactly. 
[Baechu] Ddeulgi it's almost midnight, we should sleep. 
[Ddeulgi] Yeah we should. Goodnight  my Baechu 💕
[Baechu] goodnight my Ddeulgi 💓

Wohooo mission accomplished. I'm her Ddeulgi Wohooo. I'm flattering as heck. I keep rolling on my bed that I don't realize my mom at the door smiling. 
"Something nice happened?" She ask
"nothing unusual" I say while smiling. 
"it's almost midnight, go to sleep" my mom walk to my bed and sit there. 
"Imma give you some advices" she clears . 
"just you should try confessing" she pause. "I know it's easy to say than do but she's your best friend, in one state, you won't be able to hold your anymore" She speaks gently.
I don't know what to reply her. She's right, honestly at this point I want her to be mine. Mine only. I'm tired of seeing her with someone else. I don't care if it's a she or he. I want to make her happy. 
"I-" I'm about to reply when my mom stand up and walk towards the door. 
"think of it okay honey?" she smiles warmly. 
"goodnight, sleep tight" with that she switch off the light. 
________________________
"Ddeulgi" Irene calls me with so called aegyo. Whatever it never fails to make me flutter anyway. 
"yes?"
"today we'll be staying until?"
"how long do you wanna stay?"
"hmm it's your duty I just accompany you so I have no rights to tell you how long we'll be staying" She says while playing with my fingers, omg dear Lord save me from this angle. 
"you know that I never really do my duty I just sleep there right?" I scoff
"how about until 2?" I ask
"sounds good, we still have to go home together afterwards" suddenly she hug my left arm. Damn we're in class, people might misunderstood. After that I saw my Wendy winks at me. 

That day goes on without me being conscious about what the teachers are explaining at the front and makes Irene have to explain to me when the teacher leave us to the exercises they give. No complaint tho I love it when she explains anything, literally anything to me. Don't think of anything dirty please. 

Last period, Mrs Lee isn't in class, she has a meeting to attend That's why we have out free time to do anything. I decide to sleep. As I put my head on the table my vision start to fade and with that I fall asleep. 

After one hour I wake up to Irene's sweet voice. 
"Seulgi yah wake up" she softly tap my body. 
"I'm awake" I yawn and clears my throat. After double checking that nothing left on my table and under my table, I walk towards the door follow by Irene. 
"let's g-" my words cut by Wendy. 
"do you stay with Seulgi?" Wendy ask Irene. She nod. 
"is it okay if I borrow her for a while? You can wait outside." Irene nod for the second time and walk outside the classroom. After Wendy make sure no one in the classroom she grab my hand and drag me to the back of the class. 
"what's wit-" my words cut again by the same person. Damn. 
"did you really sleep just now?" Wendy ask me. 
"of course I did, I slept like at 3 o'clock last night" I scoff. 
"you know what?"
"what?"
"while you were sleeping, Irene kept staring and you"
The hell? Whats going on? 
"um what?" I ask disbelief the fact that Irene stare at me while I was sleeping. It sounds scary for some people but to me it sounds cute. Well of course you'll feel the same if your crush did that to you. 
"she stare at you with such a loving eyes I'm jealous" Wendy's turn to scoff. 
"really?" I unconsciously smile and blush. 
I've told Wendy about what happened yesterday and she makes that look like I'm getting married with her. This . 
After talking we head to the door and see Irene talking to joy and Yeri and another unfamiliar girl. 
"what took you guys so long?" Joy ask. 
"who is she?" I ask, indirectly to anyone. 
"oh this is Saeron, our Friend" Yeri answers. 
"Hi, I'm saeron" She smiles. Cute.
"Hi I'm Seulgi" I wave at her. 
"Unnie you're handsome" She says to me. Ohoho flirty. 
"yah don't flirt with her" Yeri softly slaps Saeron's arm. I just smile. And then I see Irene glares at Saeron. She's so cute when she's glaring. Wait why is she glaring at her? Did she do that because...no way.
"um let's go?" I awkwardly ask Irene. 
She doesn't answer instead she just grabs why arm and walks away. 

The next 20 minutes Irene don't say a word. She just keep writing on her notebook while I am arranging books. After about 30 minutes I go to the table Irene's sitting on and I see her sleeping, she looks like a princess. Is she that perfect or am I so in love with her? I smile at her although she couldn't see it and go to the counter to write her name, then they can go home. 

"Irene wake up" I tap Irene's body. 
"are you done?" She asks me with sleepy eyes.
"I'm done, let's sleep at home" She rubs her eyes and stand up, grabs her notebook at head outside, alone.  Dammit why is she like this? 

"Irene" I call her when she's stuffing her notebook in her bag.
"want to grab something to eat?" I point at the cafeteria. 
She shooks her head. 
"oh okay let's go" I pick up my back pack and walk home with her, walking side by side, alone. 

"I'm home" I say quietly, it's not like anyone would hear it. Nobody's at home. 
"do you want to go upstairs or just stay at the liv-" my words cut by Irene who walk fastly to the sofa and flops herself on the sofa. 
"why are you so quiet?" I ask as I sit at the side of the sofa. 
"first day period" She replies, not opening her eyes. 
Lie. 
I know she's lying. 
She finished she period last week and I know it. 
I keep quiet. Maybe she's in a bad mood.
The next thing I hear is Irene's soft snore echoing throughout the living room. I take a peek at Irene and see her sleeping soundly. She must be tired.

She looks uncomfortable sleeping with tie around her neck. I'm not taking advantage but I carefully Irene's top 2 buttons and remove her tie. I run upstairs and grab a blanket and put it on Irene's body. 

I wipe sweat on my forehead and unconsciously my eyes become heavy, after a few seconds I fall asleep with my head leaning on the side of Irene's body. 

An hour later I wake up apon seeing Irene staring at her feet.  
"oh you're awake?" I say with a sleepy condition. 
"I'm sorry" She blurt out. What does she's sorry for? 
"what are yo-" my words cut by Irene. 
"it's sorry for being moody and stuff, I'm actually, um I'm jealous" She says while turning her head on the side. Did she just said she's jealous? Did I heard it wrong? 
"when Saeron said you're handsome, I can't bear it. Me and only me can call you handsome" She looks at me and point at herself.
"what makes you think like that?" I fake scoff. I actually like this side of Irene, protective, jealous Irene. y in my eyes. 
Irene glares at me and sighs. 
"because..." she takes a deep breath 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"because you're mine"