Chapter 1

I fell in love with my best friend [Seulrene]

I sigh. I an't believe end year holiday already end and I have to go back to school or it's other name, hell. I pick up her tie and tie it around under my collar. Well at least I'm excited to see my group of friends since it's been a while since I met them. Especially, Bae Irene. You know, Wendy, joy and Yeri's house were near my house so we kinda hang out at my house often. But Irene's house is faaaar away that she have to ride a car to get here. Being a nice daughter she is she doesn't want to burden her family that's why we didn't hang out often just exchanged text from instagram direct and what's app.

I pick up my bag and head downstairs to eat breakfast. I am dead hungry because I didn't eat dinner last night. Why? I don't have any specific reason why just um you can call it dieting. 
I walk to the second cabinet and take out a box of cereal and pour it into my pink bowl. Then go to the fridge. 
"oh " I curse when I see the milk in the fridge is nearly empty. 
I sigh for the 11th time this morning just eat the plain cereal without milk. What a bad way to start a morning. 
Okay let me make some introduction . Wendy, Irene and I were in the same class while Joy and Yeri were one year lower than us.
I'm gonna be honest, I have a crush on Irene. Do you know how hard it is? Like when you see her with some other guys your heart completely drop. Okay back to the story
After eating my completely dry cereal I pack some biscuits in my bag just in case I got hungry during my way to school, in school or during class. 
"Mom" I shout enough for her to hear it from upstairs. 
"Yes honey?" My mom shout back. 
"I'm heading out" I shout back as I wear my black shoes outside my house. 
"okay, be careful"
"I will" 
After I make sure my shoes are in a good condition I walk slowly because I don't want to arrive at school too early as you know how scary school is when it's empty. School from my house is not that far, just about 2 kilometers but I have to pick up others first on my way since my house is the fastest from school. Irene go to school by car so I don't have to pick her up or something and that fact makes me kinda disappointed. 

"WENDY SON" I knock and shout at her door knowing there's no one other than her in the house judging by the amount of car outside. 
"PATIENT WOMAN GEEZ" The Canadian shout back at me as she open the door and wear she shoes. 
"we have to pick up Joy and Yeri so be quick please" I say to Wendy calmly while checking the sky. 
"I know, it's not like it's the first time we're doing this" Wendy roll her eyes. This woman, how dare she roll her eyes on me. I step closer to her and flick her forehead. 
"OW BEAR WHAT WAS THAT FOR" she shout at me while rubbing her sore forehead. 
"that's for rolling your eyes on me" I say as walking away follow by Wendy. 
"I'll get my Revenge" Wendy mutter under her breath but I hear it. 
"I heard it, just saying"
After picking up Yeri and Joy we head to school together while arguing about random things like which one is prettier pig or wildboar or whether there will be a new student or not. 

As we reach school or it's other name, hell, we walk towards our usual spot where we always gather. Irene is already there when we are still arguing about pigs.
"Why are you guys late?" Irene ask us while pouting. Cute. 
"this woman over here keeps on arguing that pigs are better than wildboar" Wendy say as she is pointing at me
"it's the truth" I cross my arms on my chest. 
"no its not, wildboars are better" Wendy look at me
"pigs are cuter"
"these unnies are so immature" Joy say as she roll her eyes. I'm about to glare at Joy because rolling her eyes on me and then I hear Irene chuckle and make my heart soft. I am indeed a lovesick puppy. 
We go straight to the class and wait until the teacher come. Well as last year, Irene and I are seat mate while Wendy sit with a girl name Jung Eunji behind us. 
"Seulgi" Irene call me with her sweet voice making me blush. 
"yes?"
"I miss you"
Okay my that makes my heart flutter. Oh my God she missed me Oh my God I'm gonna die
"m-me too" I reply. Why am I Suttering? Kang Seulgi don't make it obvious. 
Not long after that the teacher come inside the classroom and introduce herself as Mrs Kim. Why must the first subject of the year to be English? Ugh I hate English but Mrs Kim is teaching quiet well that being a dumb person I am I can totally understand something. After explaining some s Mrs Kim leave us to do some ty exercises . Who want to study at their first day? I end up playing with my pen the whole time and every minute I turn my head to look at the goddess beside me being gorgeously focus doing her exercises. 
"Seulgi what does beautiful means in Korean?" Irene turn her head to look at me while I have a blank expression and still playing with my pen. Okay let me think, just now Mrs Kim told us some words um. I close my eyes to think. Ah I got it. 
"아름다운 if I'm not mistaken, I heard miss Kim said just now" I reply to her. 
"Thanksss Seulgi you're the best" Irene reply cheerfully. Okay I blush at that trademark. I'm the best? Hohoho of course I am Irene I'm Kang Seulgi. Why am I being cocky? But seriously, how can I remember it? I'm just a dumb bear and how does Irene not know that? I mean she's like one of the best student in this class 
"hey woman why are you not doing your exercises?" Wendy poke the back of my head using the end of her pen. 
"who want to study at their first day at school?" I reply to Wendy who keep staring at me with an unreadable face. 
"she does" Wendy point at irene
"well she's a good student of course she wants to study" I roll my eyes
"whatever Kang, you better do your exercise or you'll get your punishment" Wendy smirk and continues her so-called-studying. 
After a while I decide to do my exercises that are like 5 pages. I see that Irene already done with her exercises and she is...staring at me? Why tho? Is there something on my face? 
"why are you staring?" I ask the girl beside me who is boldly staring with a smile on her face. 
"you're cute"
"oh miss bae why are you flirting?" unconsciously I blush
"because I feel like it"
Okay I don't know what to answer her so I decide to just ignore her stare and continue my work. After 5 minutes, still staring. After 10 minutes still staring. 
"Miss Bae stop staring at me" I hide my blushing face behind my palms. 
"are you done?" Irene take a peek at my worksheet. 
"almost"
"that's my girl"
My heart is too weak handle that oh lord help me. I'm her girl. I'M HER GIRL OH MY GOD. 
"I'm your Girl?" I ask and smile like a 5 years old kid. 
"you are my girl" Irene giggles and I blush even harder this time. 

It's lunch time and I rarely go to the cafeteria because as I Librarian you got no time to eat that's why I pack some biscuits this morning. As soon as the bell ring I quickly head to the library to check when is my duty. When I reach the library I smile when I see the familiar place. I have been in love with this library since forever that's why I decide to become a Librarian. Another reason is this library has air-conditioner so it's comfortable to sleep here during my duty. 
I go straight to the counter and check. I sigh in relief. It's tomorrow. Anywhen is fine as long as it's not today. After than I sit on one of the table and open the thick science book. 
"I forgot my pen" I say and I stand up and head back to my classroom. When I reach the classroom I see Irene with her glasses on is writing something on her notebook.
"hey Irene you're not going to lunch?" I ask. 
"ah Seulgi I left my purse at home" Irene smile sadly. I quickly grab my bag at give her my biscuit. I don't realize I only pack one I thought I pack two but it's for her so never mind. 
"here have this" I hand her the biscuit. 
"are you sure?" Irene ask full of concern. 
"I'm okay I'm not hungry" I reach for her hand and put the biscuit in her hand and close it. I'm not lying when I say I'm not hungry. Actually I'm starving. Eating a plain dry cereal do not help. 
"thank you Seulgi I owe you one"
"no problem, I don't want you to get hungry" I smile 
After giving her my biscuit I pick up my pen and head back to the library. 

________________________
On our way back home we talk about nonsense things and about a new student name saeron in Yeri and joy's class and how Yeri is  interested in her and then drop them in front of their house. After than dropping those two Wendy and I start a weird conversation. 

"do you like Irene?" Wendy suddenly ask me. 
"w-what of course I like her she's our friend"
"you know exactly what I mean"
"I don't"
"you can't lie to me and you know that Kang"
"I'm not ly-"
"you told me you like Irene" my eyes widen apon hearing that. 
"WHAT?! I NEVER TOLD ANYONE AB- oh " she got me. 
"got you" Wendy lips form a smirk
"ugh okay fine I like her"
"since when?"
"early last year" I mutter under my breath. 
"that's a long time"
"Yeah..."
"everyone knew"
"really?"
"you're too obvious"
"am I?"
"you are, you think we didn't notice all the gifts you gave her like last year when we hang out at the mall without Irene you said you had to pick up a present for your cousin's birthday but I ended up seeing the doraemon (a Japanese cartoon if you're not expose to this) keychain that you bought hanging at Irene's bagpack." Wendy scoff 
"well that's um"
"and how you concentrate 200% when she speaks or when she was presenting at the front"
Okay I'm Speechless. How did she notice all that? 
"oh it's my house, okay bye" Wendy turn around and go inside her gate. 
"don't be scared of confessing" Wendy turn back around facing me and smile while I slowly walk away. 
What does she mean? By any chance...irene...likes me too? No no no no way. I close my eyes and shake my head aggressively earning a weird look from and old woman who is watering her plants. I slap my cheek and continue walking, or you may call running quickly towards my house. 
As soon as I get home I quickly go upstairs and flop myself on my bed. I pick up my phone from the floor that is charging since this morning and realize I get some messages from Irene. 

[Baechu] did you get home safely? 
[Ddeulgi] I just got home

After answering her message I quickly get in the bathroom and take a bath and then fall asleep. 

I wake up in the evening about 4 o'clock and see my phone is blinking meaning that some messages were sent while I was sleeping. I open it and see a lot of messages from Irene. 

[Baechu]  thank God you arrive safely 
[Baechu] I was worried I don't know why 
[Baechu] are you sleeping? 
[Baechu] I know you're sleeping because you like to sleep~
[Baechu] sleep well Seulgi 💕
[Baechu] dream of me 

What the f-. Okay Seulgi don't swear don't swear. Calm yourself. 

[Ddeulgi] I just woke up
[Ddeulgi] I did dream of you 💕
[Baechu] Wow surprising 
[Ddeulgi] Seulgi always surprising 
[Baechu] Seulgi always cocky
[Ddeulgi] true
[Baechu] I'm looking forward to see you tomorrow 
[Ddeulgi] Why? 
[Baechu] because it's been a while since we saw each other soooo yeah. 
[Ddeulgi] miss me that much? 
[Baechu] it's not cool to admit but I do. 
[Ddeulgi] how about you stay with me at the library tomorrow. I have my duty and you can accompany me. 
[Baechu] sounds good 

Suddenly I hear my mom calling me from downstairs. 
"Kang Seulgi" my mom shout from downstairs 
"Yes?" I shout back
"Come down for a moment please"
I lazily get up from my very comfortable bed and head downstairs. 
"what is it mom?" I peek from upstairs and guess what I see. 
Irene and her mom
Sitting on the sofa
Across my mom 
And Irene is smiling at me. 
What the is going on? 
My eyes widen almost immediately. What is she doing here? Did I got into trouble? No no I can't be, today was the first day of school how could I got into trouble on my first day? No freaking way. 

I walk awkwardly ignoring their stare. I sit beside my mom and whisper to her. 
"mom did I so something wrong?" I make sure I whisper slowly as I don't want Irene and her mom hear it. 
"No you didn't honey, why are you assuming like that?" my mom said loudly. Dammit mom. 
"hey don't say it too loudly" still whispering. 
My mom giggle before she clear and began speaking.
"from now on, Irene will be staying with us after school because her former babysitter moved and they can't find any trustworthy babysitter" she pause. "so I guess my not just stay with us since me and Irene's mom are best friend and best friends help each other right Bae?" 
"ah yeah" Irene mom smile at me
"and I heard you and Irene are best friends too so I mean why not" My mom smile at me with time, directly. 
"so starting tomorrow I want you to go home with Irene alright?" 
"Of course" 
"good girl" she pat my head softly. 
"So I guess we should get going" Irene and her mom stand up and bow. 
"thank you Kang for helping me and my daughter"
"it's nothing"
My mom escorts Irene's mom the door and I take the opportunity to talk to Irene
"why didn't you tell me this" I whisper to her
"I also didn't know. My mom said she wanted to introduce me to my new babysitter that's all" Irene pout. 
How cute can this girl be. 
"I'm glad you're staying with me" I blurt out without thinking and then i realize what I just said and hung my head low to hide my embarrass red as tomato face. Irene smile warmly at me. 
"Irene let's go" Her mom shout from the main door. 
"coming" Irene shout back. 
"bye, see you tomorrow" I wave at her. 
"see you" she wave back and smile. God I'm melting dammit. 

When I see Irene's car dashes off I flop myself on the sofa and close my eyes. 
"hey you just woke up don't sleep again" My mom tap my stomach. 
"I'm not sleeping, I'm thinking" I defend myself. Still closing my eyes shut. 
"thinking about what? Irene?" What the f- I quickly sit up straight and open my eyes. 
"what? Why would I think of her?" and that moment I don't realize my face is burning red. 
"oh come on seul, you think I don't know" She smirk. What? She knew? Wha- how?
"I don't understand what you mean" I look away don't want to meet her eyes.
"I'm your mom, I know you" My mom rub my arm.
I remain quiet. I don't know what to say. I mean, I tried to keep it a secret and the next thing I know, Wendy and mom knew. Am I that obvious? 
I sigh. 
"how do you know?"
"you think I don't realize how you are extra happy when she texted you?" my mom said softly. 
"and how excited you are when you tell me that she's coming here" she smile this time. I kinda warm up seeing her smile like that. 
"yes I like her" I finally confess. She's my mom after all she's gonna accept me. 
"my baby is growing up" My mom giggle and face sit facing me.
"are you planning to confess?" she ask me. 
"I don't actually, I'm scared" I don't face her instead I look down to my feet. 
"you should try you know, trying never hurt"
"if I did confess and she reject me, I'll get hurt" I pout. 
"so you're planning to keep your feelings a secret?"
I nod slightly 
My mom remain silent. Suddenly she stand up and smile. 
"I'll respect your decision don't worry" she rub the top of my head and head to the kitchen to prepare dinner.