you're eggstraodinary

An egg-cellent love story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

typos will be made, sorry.

Byun Baekhyun was truly whipped- like meringue. He couldn't help but become scrambled when he's near. He couldn't help the butterflies in his stomach that are poking him with little rubbery toothpicks, or prevent the smile that was aching to come up on his face; he really can't. The way that the boy made him feel was uneggplainable. It was like... walking with fluffy puppies on your side, that smell nice, and cupids are singing your favorite song.

Yeah, it was kind of like that.

Eggcept, he was different. He didn't serenade songs into his ears like the cupids, nor was he like the fluffy puppies- well, he does act like one and look like one. With his big, doe eyes that just stare at you like a small kicked puppy and you can literally see him wagging his tail whenever he's happy and see the ears fall down when he is- okay, we get it. But he did smell nice. Like, expensive cologne that you'd spray on yourself instead of the long paper they give you to spray on at the mall. 

Yeah, those feelings and emotions didn't come from his actions but rather jokes. Byun Baekhyun, age 18, class B, year 3 - is whipped for his best friend of 2 years because of his damn egg jokes. 

For 2 straight damn years, the boy has been making Baekhyun smile like an idiot because of those jokes, even if they don't crack him up (pun heavily intended).

For 2 years, Baekhyun felt those uncomfortable butterflies in his stomach - no, scratch that - a whole damn zoo in his stomach. He can feel the cheetahs running and tigers pawing on his insides whenever the tall giant is around him. 

He remembers that one time when he was struggling on a test question that was asking for something his teacher literally spent 2 minutes explaining because 'it's not going to be on the exam, don't worry' as he really wanted to strangle his bald headed teacher. With a big pout and a groan escaping (which caught the boy's attention), he ruffled his hair in frustration. He wanted to give up and just Google the damn question, but all thoughts were pushed aside when he felt a nudge on his leg.

Turning his head, he saw the mop of brown hair and a shy/sly/small grin on the boy's face. Smiling to himself, he turned back to his desk where he saw a small, long piece of paper that was folded only twice. Baekhyun looked at his classmate, conversing together in their mind:

'Is this for me?'

"Yeah, crack it open.'

And so Baekhyun did. Inside the paper was a sentence that literally made Baekhyun laugh out loud:

Where do eggs go on holiday?

New Yolk.

His loud laughter got him a 3 day detention, but 16 year old Baekhyun didn't mind. He aced the test because surprisingly the answer was 'New York', who would've thought that an egg pun would get him an A+?

But back to the reality and Baekhyun was putting away his book when he heard the bell ring for the end of the day. Yayyy! He was going to hang out with his best friend, who was also his 2 year long crush because of dumb egg puns. Baekhyun was walking towards the door when he was suddenly stopped by a tall boulder.

"Chanyeol!" he gasped, holding onto his heart that was beating fast because of the sudden surprise and the fact that his crush was in front of him. Chanyeol grinned at his friend, chuckling at his reaction as he swings an arm around Baekhyun's shoulder, making their way to go out of the school.

"Baekhyun." Chanyeol smiled dumbly. Despite pouting like a little baby, Baekhyun's heart was jumping up and down at their close proximity. I mean- was this new? The two boys had multiple sleepovers, majority of the time they would share the same bed, blanket, and their feet would get tangled together in the morning - which always leaves Baekhyun to become a blushing mess as he unscrambles himself from the tall boy.

Baekhyun grumbled at the boy. "Don't scare me like that," he whined, "-what if I was so scared, I got a heart attack and uhh, died."

Chanyeol purses his lips, unknowingly gripping on Baekhyun's shoulder tightly (even Baekhyun didn't know). "My heart would...crack." 

 

 

3 weeks had pass and Baekhyun got a text from Chanyeol telling him to meet at the ice cream parlor that they would always go to. And so- here was Baekhyun- sitting on the red and white booths, under the neon signs as he waited for Chanyeol to show up. It was almost like a date, he had thought. He had seen plenty of dramas and movies to know that- if you are waiting at a place for someone, you're obviously on a date. 

He whips his head to the door that made the ding-ding-ding noise. Seeing the tall friend made his insides churn- not in guilt or fear, but happiness and warmth. Chanyeol was beaming brightly at him before taking at seat just across Baekhyun. (It's totally a date, Baekhyun concluded).

"Did you wait long?" Chanyeol asked nervously, rubbing his hand together as he looks at Baekhyun who just smiled back at him, shaking his fluffy black hair. 

"Nope." It was a lie. He waited for a whole hour before the timing Chanyeol gave him, also he didn't even bother getting ice cream and burgers- unless Chanyeol was there. 

"Good. I hope you're hungry because they make egg-cellent food here." and cue the obnoxious laughter from the tall giant that sounded like a cross between seagulls, walruses, and window wipers. But that laughter made Baekhyun feel things like- his heart is just thumping like that cute bunny from Bambi, and his fingers are trembling like that massage chair at the mall that you wanna use but there's no way in hell you're gonna spend a dollar and 25 cents for some germ-filled chair. 

Baekhyun rolls his eyes at the adorable stupid pun from his best friend - ew, he just got friendzoned. "Chanyeol, anymore egg puns and I will crack your head like one." he sighs. Chanyeol tenses up at the threat. Even though he can literally pick up the boy like a piece of egg, boy was a black belt in hapkido. But seeing Chanyeol tense up, Baekhyun started to laugh saying that he was just joking. 

"Thank God. You're egg-gressive." 

"Shut up, Chanyeol." don't.

After the 'couple' finished with their burger and shakes, Chanyeol took it to himself to walk the boy. Well, it wasn't the first time since he is Baekhyun's personal chauffeur in the afternoon (as Baekhyun would like to call him).

As they walked down the sidewalk and into a rich neighbor (I mean - Baekhyun's parents were loaded, with one being a doctor and the other owning 3 branches in South Korea - boy was spoiled throughout his life), Chanyeol spoke up:

"So, Baek?" a hum was taken as an answer as he continued, "did you have fun, today?"

"Of course, idiot. Any day with you is worth it." the daily mini not direct confession Baekhyun says always somehow ends up... not being taken seriously.

Like one time, their close friend Yifan was throwing a party and Baekhyun was deadbeat drunk, and Chanyeol being the best friend he is - took the drunk boy. As he settles Baekhyun into the car, Baekhyun was kind of sober enough to confess to Chanyeol but if the boy didn't return his feelings, his excuse could always be that he was drunk.

"Chanyeol," Baekhyun slurred, hooking his right arm around the boy, "- if you were gay, I'd date you. No - marry you right away. Will you marry me?" he slurred on his words (he did wanna marry the boy to be honest) but Chanyeol laughed it off, saying that he was too drunk to say those words - and Baekhyun? He agreed.

Also that one time, during valentine's day; Baekhyun wanted to do those cute little locker filled confessions. So there he was, filling the boy's locker with red ping pongs with cute hearts on them - he has Chanyeol's locker combo. He mustered up the courage to finally confess to his best friend only to find that the tall boy came down with a flu and didn't go to school for the next 3 days.

Oh and that one time where Baekhyun kept flirting with Chanyeol, but of course - the damn boy was too oblivious of the gestures.

The list could go on and on, but it will take forever.

But back to reality, the boys were outside Baekhyun's porch as Chanyeol smiled like a big adorable, cute, sweet goof. "I'm thankful, Baekon! Because you're egg-actly what I look forward to everyday." Baekhyun knew that those words should make him feel egg-ceptionally happy, but knowing that Chanyeol like to crack up on jokes made him brush it aside - seeing it as nothing more than the idiots' puns. 

 

 

Baekhyun bows and apologizes to the fifth person that asked him to prom, feeling sorry when they cried in front of him. The boy sighs when Oh Sehun's shadow disappeared somewhere that he didn't really care about. All he wanted was Chanyeol, and his damn egg puns to make him feel less ty. Oh and speak of the devil-

Park Chanyeol's laughter was heard in the hallways made Baekhyun whip his head as he headed for the door to call his best friend into the empty classroom- it was their break time anyway. "Park!" he calls out. The said boy stopped in his steps as he smiled and waved at his friend goodbye before going in the empty room with the shorter male.

When the door closes, Baekhyun moves over to a desk and slammed his head on it. The sound made Chanyeol jump at little before asking his best friend what was wrong. "Well," Baekhyun sighs, crossing his arms and putting his head over them as Chanyeol sat on the desk next to him, listening intently, "- people are asking me to the seniors dance, but I don't wanna go with them."

"Why not?"

"Well, Channie." Baekhyun frowned, "there's one person in mind. He's tall, kind of dumb but he makes me happy. Handsome, literally 70% legs, and he's a close friend of mine." Baekhyun let out the air he didn't know he was holding. He did it. He finally told or confessed to Park Chanyeol. And seeing Chanyeol not respond with rather looking at with a slightly gaped mouth made the boy nervous. "I really want to go to the dance with him, and maybe even date him." 

Chanyeol blinked once.

Then twice.

Before widening his eyes at his best friend. "OH MY GOD, BAEKHYUN!" he shouted, coming closer to the boy, grabbing the shoulders of the surprised student as he shook him back and forth before hug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter