THE PAIN

DOWNPOUR

 

 

 

Yah! Just where are you come from?! I told you to comeback before 8pm right?! Why you didn’t pick up my calls?!” Eunha ask Sinb who just step into the house with a look that Eunha have never seen before.

“Where are you from Sinb? Both of us really worry about you . Thank god you comeback before Yerin unnie. If she know you just come back, she will get mad and worried at the same time” This time Yuju ask Sinb but with the more calming tone than Eunha.

“Answer us Sinb! You scared me!” Eunha suddenly raised her voice when Sinb didn’t even bother to answer the.

“Eunha relax. You don’t have to shout”

“I’m just worry Unnie”

“I understand that. Hey Sinb-ah, do you have any problem? You can tell us okay? It’s alright? Unnie and Eunha is here, we are ready to listen to your problem. Don’t worry and just tell us okay?” Yuju say softly trying to control the situation. Eunha is a short tempered person, so Yuju know it well if she didn’t do anything, the situation might turn around and it will turn into something else and Yuju don’t want that.

“Nothing unnie. I’m just tired. That’s all” Sinb finally answer shortly.

“Okay. But you know we worry about you right?” Yuju ask again and Sinb just nodded weakly.

“Next time don’t come home late like this and please pick up your phone.You know yourself right? That you can’t be outside for too long and not with this kind of cold weather, you didn’t even wear your jacket. You know about your body condition right?”

“I just went to take some fresh air and that’s all. I’m sorry for making you worry, I’m really alright and I promise I will not do that again and~~~I really need a shower now, anyone want to follow me and take a shower together?!” Sinb say excitedly. Trying to lift up the mood, trying to hide her feeling that she also didn’t know what it is from both Eunha and her Yuju unnie.

Sinb herself also don’t understand why would she feel something like that. That feeling is the feeling that she never felt before. Her mind fly away and always remember about Yewon. Her intention want to be a friend with Yewon is really sincere but yet the girl push her away and Yewon even misunderstand her sincere heart. SInb just want to be friend and that’s all. She really want to be friend with Yewon but all Yewon’s words to her is hurting her. Sinb is really hurt because of Yewon’s words and she don’t understand why it is hurt her so much.

Yewon is right, Jiwon really did approached Sinb and contacted her first. He told Sinb that he want her to look after Yewon for every time he go outstation outside the Korea.Jiwon  even offer Sinb a triple pay from her salary working at the cafe as long Sinb agree to him and promise to look after Yewon. But it’s all not the real reason why she want to be friend with Yewon. For Sinb, she has been wanting to be friend with Yewon since the first time she saw Yewon, but she never have a change to talk to her, because Yewon always alone and always keep everyone away from her.

‘You are crazy Sinb! I should just take that money and buy a new phone!’ Sinb mentally scold herself. She is thinking too much, thinking about everything. She is not suppose to take a long cold shower in her daily life, but she didn’t even realize that she did. She is just too lost in her own thought without thinking about what will happen to her.

 

….………………..

 

“Mummy still not coming! Just where is she?!”

“You just too coward and scare about the monster”

“Unnie, you better sleep with me tonight, It’s all your fault!”

“Ehhh~~~~ why would I? I’m a grown up lady, I shouldn’t sleep with an eight year old kiddo”

“Sojung Unnie~~~!!”

….….

“Hello mummy?! Drive faster. Sojung unnie is making me scare again! Faster mummy!”

“Alright dear. I will but don’t call mummy now, I’m driving”

“Okayy mummy, faster please”

….….

“Yewon! Wake up! We need to go now!”

“Where to unnie? “

“Just follow me!”

….…..

“Yewon-ah, be strong okay? From now on, it will be only two of us”

“Why unnie?”

“Mummy is gone. She get into an accident because of the slippery road and bump into the trailer in front of her car. Mummy is gone Yewon-ah”

“Sojung, isn’t she is too young for you to tell her that?”

“Our Yewon is a clever girl, I know she will understand it”

“No”

“No. Unnie is lying to me again right?”

“’Unnie stop playing with me!”

“I’m not Yewon-ah”

“No, mummy told me to not believe any of your words, you are joking right?”

“Yewon-ah”

 

 

 

“You are lying!”

“I’m sorry mom. I’m really sorry. It’s happened because of me. It’s all my fault. I--if only I didn’t rush you that night, if o--only I didn’t whined to y--you that tim--e, you will be alright till now. If only I told you to drive carefully that time, you will be here beside me now. I--I’m sorry mummy. I--I miss y--you mummy. Everything that happen is all my fault”

“I--if only on that rainy night I--I told you to stay first, I--if onl--y I-if ---you will be al--alright till now. I really mi--miss you. I’m sor--sorry”

Yewon wake up her dream. A bad one. She has been dream about it for the past years. Everything that she felt is too real for her to feel it again. As if she felt that her mother is only left her yesterday. Yewon always blame herself. It’s really her. She really killed her mother. It’s all her fault. And thinking about that make Yewon cry again. She cry hard that night. Crying too much. She really miss her late mother and her late unnie. The only words that she can say is sorry and repeating it over and over again.

“I--I’m sorry--I’ mi--miss you”

That are the only words that Yewon keep repeat for the whole night. She can’t sleep. The only thing that she can do is only to cry. Crying hard. Crying over and over. The skies seems understand Yewon’s feeling. Yewon is just too sad and crying too much, and so does the sky. It is raining so hard outside. It pour everything from the sky, the rain is falling heavily, falling too much just like Yewon’s tears but she didn’t even care a little about it because she is too busy crying. Crying her heart out loud. Missing her mother and her one only sister so bad.

 

 

 

And same goes to Sinb. That night, she suddenly awake because of the rain hitting hard the roof. It’s downpour outside and Sinb is crying. She didn’t know and didn’t understand the real reason why would she cry but the only thing that she know that time is her heart is really hurts. It is really hurt till makes her cry. She just crying and at the some point it become too loud until make Yerin and Eunha awake from their sleep.

“I--it’s hurt. I--it’s h--hurt”

“Sinb-ah?!! What is wrong with you?! Are you alright?!” Yerin ask as she hold both Sinb’s shoulder.

“It’s h--hurt unnie. It--it’s hurt. M--my chest is hur--t so much”

“Eunha! Go take Sinb’s medicine! It comeback again! Go take it now!” Listening to that make Eunha completely awake and rush to do the things that Yerin just told her.

“Sinb take a deep breathe! Follow unnie’s hand. Slowly take a breathe. You will be alright Sinb” Yerin try to calm Sinb but Sinb is still crying, didn’t even calm a bit. Sinb want to tell that she don’t need her medicine but the pain that she felt in her chest is hurt too much till make her can’t take her breathe properly. She can’t say anything. She just feel the pain and it makes Sinb cry more while clutching to her shirt on her chest. That night Sinb feel different. The pain is not same like before. The pain that she feel on that rainy night is too much for her. She never felt that kind of pain before. She don’t know what it is. She don’t know what kind of feeling it is. The only thing that she know is, it really hurt her. It’s hurt her so much and make her just cry hard without even knowing the exact reason why would she feel like that.

“U--nnie it’s h--hurts”

“Sinb dear, please stop crying. You will be okay, unnie is here, please stop crying, it will only make you having a hard time to breathe”

“B--but it’s hurt. The pain is too m--much fo--r me to handle it. I--it’s r--really h--hu---”

“Sinb !!”   

 

 

….…………………

“She’s alright. You all don’t have to worry about her”

“But Doc, Sinb never cried like that before. Last night she said to us that her chest is really hurt, and because of that, she can’t breathe properly.!! I need to know about my sister real condition!” Yerin raged out. She is mad from the doctor’s words. The image that Sinb crying hard last night really scared her. Yerin is scare, she just want to know Sinb’s real condition but the doctor answer make Yerin completely can’t control herself.

“Yerin unnie, calm down” Yuju try to calm Yerin but also feel to scare to touch her Yerin unnie. All of them know, that Jung Yerin is really scary when she in her angry state.

“That is the truth Miss Yerin. She is really alright, you don’t have to worry about that. According to my fellow doctor, Sinb is just having a little depression or maybe have a little trauma in her sleep. She may had a bad dream last night, till make her cried like that”

“Your words didn’t even convince me a bit! Thank you for your consulting time!!” Yerin say again before left the place and go to Sinb’s ward with her face red as chili trying to control her anger. For Yerin, the doctor’s words didn’t helping them at all.

She take a look at Sinb who sleep and rest peacefully on the bed. For Yerin, no one is more important than her beloved sisters.She really love all of them. She don’t want to lose anyone again in her life. Even though Sinb and Yuju is only her step sister, she still love them equally. For her, Eunha, Sinb and Yuju is her world.Every one of them is precious to her. She don’t want to lose any one of them, because if she lose one of them, she also don’t know what will happen to her life. She might be going crazy. She has been watching, three of them growing up together or in another words, she has been literally growing up together with them.

Eunha is her little sister that she want to protect before she met Sinb and Yuju. Eunha is too precious, too important for Yerin, and after met the other two, Yerin realize and promise to herself that she will want to protect them. Knowing that Sinb is not like the other kids, make Yerin want to protect her even more, knowing that Yuju is different from any of them, make yerin want to have the girl in her life. Make Yerin want to protect the two just like how she protect  Eunha, her little sister.

 

“Sinb-yah, wake up please. You really scare me”

“Don’t leave unnie. Don’t leave us,Sinb-ah. Eunha will be bored without you having a fight with her, Yuju will be sad if there’s no one want to listen to her weird story and unnie will be really sad of you are not beside us. Don’t be like this Sinb-ah, wake up dear”   

“Unnie, I don’t want to say this, but Sinb condition isn’t like someone who will be dead. She is alive for sure. Don’t worry unnie. You should just keep your tears, Sinb will tease your crying face if she see that”

“Yuju-unnie?! do you want to die?! Why would you say that to Yerin unnie?!” Eunha try to whisper to Yuju, but Yerin can hear that and of course after listening to that, Yerin can only smile to them. Yuju words is right and Eunha words is definitely correct.

“Yuju you come here” Yerin say with her stern voice.

“U--unnie. I didn’t mean an--y of t--that, yo--u know I--I love S--”

 

“Ughh !You guys are so noisy”

“Sinb!?! You awake?!”  Three of them in the room shouting in sync make Sinb fully awake from her sleep.

“Sinb you okay?!”

“I’m okay. Don’t look at me like that, you guys creeping me out”

“Sinb, you really alright?! Are you hurt anywhere?!Are you feel hurt somewhere? Maybe on your chest?!”

“Yerin-unnie I’m okay. Don’t worry about me”

“Yah! How come you say that?! Do you know how scared three of us last night when you faint?! You are crying like crazy and keep saying ‘it’s hurt’!” Eunha shout. She want to smack Sinb’s head for acting like nothing really happen to her, when she just literally crying like dying last night in front of them.

“ Ehh~~!??I faint? Why would I?” Sinb ask. A little bit confuse from Eunha words. She then take a look at herself. She just realize that she wearing a hospital gown and lying on the hospital bed.

Sinb tried to remember what is actually happen to her last night. The only thing that she remember is she met Yewon yesterday, she also remember that Yuju and Eunha scold her for comeback home late then she remember she awake at the middle of the night while it downpour outside. She awake because of the thunder and the heavy rain last night. She want to go to the window and look outside but she remembered that she can’t stand up because of the pain. She also didn’t know what is the feeling last night that she felt. She just feel the pain and it’s definitely hurt for her. Hurt so much and she really can’t handle it. She then remember one thing that she saw when she felt the pain in her heart last night. Her face.

 

“Yewon”

 

“Won what?”

“Nothing unnie. Can I take a rest unnie? I’m tired and sleepy”  Sinb then immediately lay back on the bed and close her eyes without even waiting for her unnie can say anything. After the can feel that everyone left the room, she open her eyes back. Losing in her own thought. Thinking about Yewon.

 

‘Kim Yewon’

‘Why would you in my mind last night? Why I feel the pain that I never felt before?’

‘Aish! Sinb! You just thinking too much about her, that is why she appear in your mind!’

‘She just reject me to be her friend!!’

‘It’s normal Sinb’

‘It’s not!!’

‘Then what it is?!’

‘I don’t know!’

‘Why would you act like this?! It’s not like you get rejected from confessing your love to her!’

‘Wait. What?!’

 

‘Shut up! I’m really going crazy if I keep being like this.! You all shut up!” Sinb shout. She feels like she’s a crazy person that talking alone. She is just having a fight with her own monologue, but if someone see her in that kind of state, they will might think that she is crazy for real and Sinb don’t want that. She is not crazy, that is she really sure for now.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DONE UPDATE ~~ ;)

i'm sorry for taking a long time to update ..

actually i just comeback from dead because of Sowon Gashina cover.. ^_^ 

i hope yall enjoy this update .... :)