Chapter 8

♥ My Only Christmas Wish ♥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

They sit there silently. Even themselves don't know what to say when the truth of three years ago have been revealed. Shock… guilt… desire… and repentance all show on their face. Each one of them is bearing the pain, sad truth about the past, present and even future.

Jiyeon can't stop falling tears… she can't believe the pain her best friend had to bear. She, Eunjung, is a kind person… why did those things happen to her? She didn't deserve that. Jiyeon comes near Eunjung, and does what she should have done firstly when seeing Eunjung again, instead of screaming to her face… she hugs Eunjung tight, to let her know how much she missed her and how good it is when she comes back…

"I miss you, Eunjung." Jiyeon says when both of them cry. "I'm sorry for screaming to you, judging you…"

Eunjung shakes her head. "It' alright Jiyeon. I understand your feeling. I'm sorry for running from you guys, especially you."

While two girls are reconciling, Taecyeon can't determine what his feeling is. This is too much to him… each word… each truth… each story… it's killing him slowly. He can't stand any more, he has to leave. So that he stands up and gets out without a word.

Kyungjoon knows it will happen. Taecyeon will be the most affected person when knowing the truth… He told Eunjung that Taecyeon would need time to accept all. He looks at Eunjung and they exchange eyes, then he leave the room, following Taecyeon.

 

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

 

Taecyeon doesn't know what will he do at Eunjung's shop but his feet keep pulling him there. He wants to be with her… to relieve the pain she bear. He wants to be a shoulder for her to cry on, wants to hold her hand and tell her everything will be fine, that he will never let her bear any more pain, and he will be with her… forever. But how can he? When he's the one who made all those pain since the first.

He woke up after hours of sleeping. His head was pain a lot because of wine. He sat on the bed and looked at the necklace which he intend to gift to Eunjung this Christmas. That was when he remembered about what he talked to her last night. He sighs hopelessly when remembering Eunjung's hurt eyes. You're such a stupid man, he talked to himself. His father's womaniser had made him angry… and the result was he had hurt Eunjung. He took the necklace and looked at the heart shape. He had planned to speak out to her, to ask her to be his girlfriend, so that finally he could tell her that he love her… but he had made her hurt again.

Feeling regretful, he took the phone to call her but he realised that he had a voice messege. He opened it and Eunjung's shivering voice showed.

"Oppa… are you ok? I'm so stupid, aren't I? I can't stop worrying for you… even when you want me to. I'm sorry… for being your burden. I have known from the first that you will never give your heart to me, but I can't stop hoping for impossible thing. I was so stubborn. I refused to accept the truth… that Ok Taecyeon will never love a boorish girl like me. I'm really sorry… I know you will feel uncomfortable when seeing me hurt by you… You will think that's your fault. But do you know what? It's not your fault… it's mine. Because you told me very clearly from the first… but I still prayed that some day… you will open your heart for me.

Oppa… I'm really sorry. But I still want to say this… one last time… and then, I will never bother you any more. I will leave you… I won't be your burden any more. Please let me say this… I love you, with all my heart.

Goodbye."

He shakes his head, doesn't want to believe what he has just heard. "No, Eunjung ah. Don't say that. Don't say goodbye." He says while tears can't stop falling. He's trying to press her number when the phone rings and that's Wooyoung.

“Taecyeon ah! Come to the hospital quickly! Eunjung’s bus… it’s fell from the bridge…”

When he thought Eunjung had died, he didn't want to live more. How can he live? When the only one making him want to live died… and worser, he was the one to be blamed. It was all his fault. It made him crazily… he wanted to stop his life right there. There's no reason for him to live, because without her, his life is nothing. When Ham Eunjung died, he himself die following her.

And now, she comes back. Come back to him. With smiling eyes, beautiful smile, cute pout and kind heart, he revives. It feels like three years ago's story had never happened. It feels like he has just woken up from a long nightmare. Once again, Eunjung's present has brought his life back. With her love, once again he feels his life is valueable and completely.

But how can he face her now? When knowing what she had bear… and more over… how can he face the truth that she will leave him again some day? He knows that will make him crazy. He can't stand if losing her once again.

"You should know that she doesn't blame you for anything happened." A voice wakes him up from the thought. He looks up and see Kyungjoon sitting next to him. "Baekhee… I mean Eunjung. She's a kind girl. Everything in her eyes is beautiful. She's always optimistic… despite how hard her life is, she always face it with a smile because she believes everything happen for a reason. She believes that although how many bad things come to her… there will still have good thing at last." He looks at Taecyeon and smiles. "I don't need to tell you the reason for what happened the past three years, right?"

Taecyeon nod

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter