Jonghyun's Last Letter

Saranghae

Everything just goes wrong for me

我全身上下都出了問題,

Depressed thoughts clouding my mind, not letting me go, at last...I am swallowed in the dark thoughts of my mind

憂鬱漸漸啃食著我,最後…我徹底被噬了

I can no longer, and unable to, battle it, and win it

我沒能也沒辦法去戰勝它

I hate myself

我恨我自己

No matter how I tried to grasp the broken memories, or how I shouted to myself to cheer up, everything is futile

不論怎麼緊抓斷線的記憶,還是大聲喊著「給我打起精神」,一切都沒有用

Maybe, now, when I can't release the strained breath, perhaps it is best for me to stop breathing

既然沒能讓緊繃的氣息開闊,不如停止呼會更好吧

I once asked, who can take my responsibilities on their shoulders?

我曾問過有誰能替我負責呢?

"Only myself. No one else."

「只有你。」

 

I am always alone

我總是獨自一個人

It is easy to say the word "End"

結束這兩個字說得簡單

But it is hard to do it

但真的要做個了結好難

I always live on darkness

我總是活在黑暗之中

I also thought to escape 

我想過要逃走

Yes, I once thought to escape

是的,我曾經想過要逃離

To escape myself

逃離我自己

To escape from you

逃離你

 

"Is there anyone there?"

「有人在那裡嗎?」

"Me", "Me", and it continues to be "Me"

「我」、又是「我」,接著又是「我」

 

​​​​​​​"Why do you always forget?"

「你怎麼老是忘記呢?」

"It must be caused by my personality, right?"

「都是個性導致的吧!」

Oh...it is again my mistake...

這樣啊…結果又都是我的錯啊…

 

I once hoped to be found

我曾盼望著有人會發現

But you and I, never met. Of course you don't know my existence

可是你連我都沒見過,當然也不知道有我這個人存在吧

"Why should I live on?"

「為什麼要活著呢?」

"That's it...that's it..."

「就那樣…就那樣…」

Everyone say we only live like that

大家都說就只是那樣活著

What if we ask yet again, "Why should we die?"

如果反問「為什麼要死呢?」

We would've answered, "It is too exhausting for me to live on."

肯定會回「因為太辛苦了」吧

 

Suffering and thinking, I have not learnt how to turn the tiring pain into joy

飽受煎熬地思考了很多,我沒學過該怎麼將厭倦的疼痛轉換成喜悅

Pain, and pain yet again

疼痛還是疼痛

I urge myself not to continue on like this anymore

我催促著自己不能再這樣了

Why? Why can't I break it off according to what I want?

為什麼?我為什麼不能照自己的想法做個了斷呢?

I told myself, to find why I suffer

我告訴自己去尋找苦痛的原因

But I am clearer than everyone about the answer. The pain is because of me. All of them, are my mistakes. Because, I am just so helpless

可我其實比誰都了解,會痛都是因為我自己,全部都是我的錯,都是我太沒用了

Doctor, what you want to hear is this answer, right?

醫生,你想聽的就是這個嗎?

No, I am not in pain

不,我一點錯都沒有

When my hurried singing voices are blamed on my own personality, I thought how being a doctor is just so easy

急促的嗓音怪罪在我的個性上時,我想過當醫生真是容易

Others are just astounded when I suffered in the pain, the great pain

我這麼痛苦,在其他人眼中只覺得神奇

There must be someone who feels more painful than I do...There must be someone who is more fragile than me...

還有人比我更痛苦吧…還有人比我更脆弱吧…

But it seems not like it

但,似乎不是這樣

Among the thousands and thousands of people, no one is taking life harder than I do. No one is more fragile than me

活著的數萬人之中,沒有人比我更辛苦,沒有人比我更脆弱了

But then, they still urge me to live on, to continue life

但他們還是叫我要好好活著

I asked for hundreds of times, "Why must we live on?"

我問了好幾百遍「為什麼一定要活著?」

Those answers for the question is not really for me, you see. Those are for you yourself

那些答案都不是真正為了我,而是為了你

I also wanted badly to live for myself

我好想也為了自己活著

 

If you don't understand, don't say those words

明明不懂就別說這些話

Those pitiful reasons to find pain. Didn't I already said couple of times why?

什麼要去尋找痛苦的原因,我不是說好幾遍為什麼我這麼痛苦了嗎?

Aren't those reasons not enough for me to feel tired like this? Do I need to have a more specific drama script? Do I need to be more pitiful?

那些原因不足以讓我這麼疲憊嗎?難道要有更具體的劇本才行嗎?難道要再更可憐才行嗎?

Didn't I say it before? Didn't you pay no attention to those words?

我不是說過了嗎!難道不是你把那些當耳邊風嗎?

A winning battle, leaves no scars

戰勝並不會留下傷疤

 

Perhaps I am not fit to fight against this world

看來我不適合和這世界抗衡

My life, perhaps, shouldn't be of stardom

我的人生本就不該當一個明星吧

Because of this, life is just so hard. To fight, to let myself known. It is difficult

全都是因為那樣才過得辛苦吧,因為要抗爭,因為要讓世界認識我很難

It is hilarious, you see, why would I choose to do this

為什麼會做出那種選擇?真是搞笑呢

It is already good enough for me to live on until now

能撐到現在已經很了不起了!

Do you need to say anything else?

還需要再說什麼嗎?

You only need to sayto me, "It had been hard","It is very excellent to struggle for such a long time","You worked hard, really"

只要跟我說聲「辛苦了」、「做到這樣已經很棒了」、「你真的很努力了」

 

Although you can't laugh out, please don't feel guilty when you send me off 

即使笑不出來,也請不要帶著怪罪送我走

It had been hard on you

辛苦你了

You worked hard, really

你真的很努力了

Farewell

再見

Like this story? Give it an Upvote!
Thank you!
020809
Please, even when you feel down, don't do the same. Please, I can't bear to know another has faded.

Comments

You must be logged in to comment
Justthatrandomhazz #1
Chapter 1: I was so surprised when i heard the new when my friend told me about his death...i felt like i was dreaming.I rlly thought she was joking but when i went to searched it on youtube,that was the first thing i saw and the top.I couldn’t help but to think what has happened to ppl these days...If i was there i would of hugged him and encouraged him .. :( but yeah...everything comes and goes.