Endearment and Acceptance

A Romanticist who shouldn't be able to fall

 

 

Tzuyu starts her day off with an annoying alarm and bags under her eyes.

 

As well as a gross giggle.

 

Also grabbing her phone to text the thief (who stole her phone number) from last night.

 

“Princess, it’s wakey time-- Whoa, Tzuyu what happened last night?” Momo barged into Tzuyu’s room, finding her appearance a little messy and her nature a little weird.

 

“Good morning, Momo.” Tzuyu said with a big smile. The smile made Momo want to protect it but-- “For certain, you are weird.” Momo stated bluntly.

 

Tzuyu scoffed playfully, making her bed again. “What do you mean, I am me and you are you? What else is there to it.” Momo sighed, laughing, “I hope you dont--”

 

“If the feeling is mutual, we become each other~”

 

“...Cover Zico’s song aaand you’ve already done it. Besides, it's I am you and you are me, not I am me and you are you...” Momo laughed a little irritably. “What has you gotten in this bubbly attitude, I’m 100% sure that you would have told me to knock first before calling me a pabo.”

 

Momo raised an eyebrow, “And I’m also 100% sure that you don’t sing in the morning-- unless you’re in the shower-- which reminds me, take a shower, I’ll prepare breakfast.”

 

Tzuyu smiled, “Sure, sure.” She said, taking her uniform and towel to the bathroom. Momo shook her head in disbelief. “Is this really the same Tzuyu I know…?” She laughed to herself.

 

Momo walked further into Tzuyu’s room when she was out of sight and held Tzuyu’s phone in her hands. Momo unlocked the phone which immediately went to the messages section.

 

--
-Yesterday

Thomas honk: Hey it’s me, Jihyo.
What’s up beautiful, I stole your number from Sana who stole it from Dahyun.
Hope you aren’t angry about that lol.
Well, it’s late, you’re probably having your beauty sleep. Sorry for disturbing you ha ha.
Good night ^-^
Sweet dreams of me~ ;)

-Today

Yoda: Oh my jesus, Thomas the tank engine,
Why did you have to text me so deep into the night?
You’ll keep getting shorter if you stay awake later in the night lol

Thomas honk: Can you not, at least I saved you the trouble from asking me my number lmao.
Plus you definitely loved that text I sent you, you pretty taiwanese.

Yoda: I’d ask why you know so much about me but it’s definitely the dumb tiger and eagle.

Thomas honk: Well aren’t you observant.
Or was that just obvious?

Yoda: Do you know how many times I almost wrung their neck for almost revealing secrets.

Thomas honk: Oo, secrets, indulge in me

Yoda: No.
Besides, I gotta go shower.
Ha, that’s right, I’m avoiding you.
Cya Jihyo unnie

Thomas honk: lol bye.

--

 

Momo raised her eyebrow at the conversation amusedly. She placed the device back down and ran to the kitchen to pick up the meal she was making.

 

She placed the plates on the table, whilst thinking about who Tzuyu was talking to. Tzuyu came back with her school uniform on. Momo looked up at Tzuyu and smiled, “Pretty as always, Tzuyu ah.”

 

Tzuyu laughed, almost sarcastic, “Pretty as a flower.” Momo’s smile became lopsided, Tzuyu’s back to normal now.

 

Momo sat down on the table and began to eat, Tzuyu soon following. They finished fast (mostly because of Momo, but Tzuyu wouldn’t be so rude to point that out.)

 

“So should we get to school now?” Tzuyu asked as soon as they’re packed and brushed their teeth. “No, no, not yet. You look weird with those eyebags.” Momo said from inside the bathroom.

 

Momo rushed from inside the bathroom to Tzuyu’s room to borrow Tzuyu’s makeup. “Wow, you have nice quality makeup, why don’t you ever use it?” Momo asked, genuinely curious.

 

“Because I’m already pretty.” Tzuyu answered with a proud grin. Momo rolled her eyes. “Right, I should have known.”

 

Momo rubbed Tzuyu’s BB cream lightly onto Tzuyu’s skin and just as an experiment, Momo used Tzuyu’s eyeliner mildly. Momo also put lipstick on Tzuyu.

 

“Am I supposed to be doing something fancy? And isn’t wearing makeup against school rules?” Tzuyu asked warily, pressing her lips together to lighten the lipstick.

 

“Makeup is allowed at school so don’t worry.” Momo said carefreely. “I once wore crazy makeup to school, so noticeable but no one said anything.”

 

Tzuyu gave Momo a skeptical look and Momo began to sweat. “Well... Maybe except for Nabongs and Jeong?” She said, hoping it would be a good enough answer for the younger girl.

 

Tzuyu raised her eyebrows, “That’s all?” Momo timidly fiddled with her hands. “And maybe except for some student council members…” Tzuyu felt accomplished, getting that out of Momo.

 

Well, Momo can say things honestly when put under pressure, which is bad because Tzuyu is someone who can pressure others easily.

 

“So well, how do I look?” Tzuyu asked, to break Momo’s current timidness. Momo brought out a mirror and shoved it in Tzuyu’s hands, “Have a look for yourself.” She says proudly.

 

Tzuyu looked into the mirror in awe. “Pretty as a flower, huh?” Momo said, trying to flatter Tzuyu. Tzuyu laughed jokingly, “Prettier than a flower huh.” The two burst into laughter.

 

The doorbell rings and Momo stands up immediately. “That would be 2yeon. Would you like to join us?” She asked, looking expectant. Tzuyu stared up at Momo and exhaled a breathy laugh. “Sure.”

 

“Yes!” Momo said excitedly, running towards the door. “I can’t wait to show them how pretty you can be. Especially Nayeon.” Tzuyu followed with a sprint and then the door was opened.

 

“Yo Momo-- And what do we have here, the prettier than a flower lady.” Nayeon said with a small laugh, almost bitter but definitely adoring.

 

“Hello Jeongyeon unnie-- And what we have here, the Nayeo-Narcissist lady.” Tzuyu mimicked jokingly, copying Nayeon.

 

Nayeon laughed in response, “It’s actually been a while, my baby!” She said, lunging into Tzuyu with fake sobs. “I actually thought you hated me.”

 

“Nah, it’s too hard to hate someone as amusing as yourself.” Tzuyu said bluntly, bursting into laughter when Nayeon pouted, “Stop it you look ugly.”

 

Jeongyeon came to the rescue. “Enough with your mockeries, o evil yoda. This bunny is adorable!” She said as if in a drama. Tzuyu decided to play along, striking a pose.

 

“You dare get in my way, Yoostrich?! I will use the force on you-- yah!” Tzuyu shouted, in the same way Jeongyeon had done.

 

“Ugh, you have--” “OH NOoOOooO!” Momo shouted, effectively interrupting the girls from their drama play. “I forgot to pack my lunch.” Momo sniffled, running inside the apartment to get the lunchbox she made for herself and Tzuyu.

 

The three laugh at pabo Momo who emerged to give Tzuyu her lunch. “Here ya go, Tzuyu ah.” She said, handing her the box. Tzuyu thanked Momo and put it in her bag.

 

“Should we go now?” Nayeon suggested, already on her away to the road. “Ah, wait for us, Nayeon ah!” Jeongyeon ran to catch up, Nayeon decided to run even faster, Jeongyeon running faster than Nayeon already is.

 

Jeongyeon caught up and pulled Nayeon’s hand hard to pull her into an embrace. “Caught you.” Jeongyeon said with a charming grin. Apparently, it was so charming that Nayeon’s face was completely red.

 

Nayeon squealed and pushed Jeongyeon away, “You just wanted to hug me, you !” Jeongyeon started laughing and held Nayeon’s hand. “Let’s walk to school?” Nayeon shyly looked at Jeongyeon.

 

“Sure.”

 

(Was it only Tzuyu’s imagination or was there a familiar face, their mouth at first, opened, before entering their house at the speed of light again?)

 

Momo looked at the couple and whistled, “And then we were forgotten.” She said. “Yeah, they’re really cute together-- Wait. When did they become a couple?!” Tzuyu shouted, completely unaware that Nayeon and Jeongyeon were a couple.

 

“Just a week ago.” Momo answered, “C’mon, let’s go.” She said, holding Tzuyu’s hand, the same way Jeongyeon did with Nayeon.

 

“You can’t seduce this flower, pabo succubus.” Tzuyu laughed but held her grip on Momo to run. This prompted Momo to run along with Tzuyu and the two were at school before they knew it.

 

They’re still holding hands when Tzuyu’s name is called.

 

“Tzuyu ah!”

 

Tzuyu turned her head to see Mina running towards her. I never knew she knew my name, we hadn’t even been introduced before.

 

But then she sees Chaeyoung trailing behind Mina, their own hands interlocked and then all of a sudden, she understands.

 

“Mina unnie. Hi.” Tzuyu greeted with a small bow, Mina reciprocates the action and Chaeyoung whistles at the sight of makeup on Tzuyu’s face.

 

“Hello, Tzuyu ah. I was just wondering if you knew where Jihyo unnie is. Chaeng or I haven’t seen her all morning…” Mina said, trailing off when she sees Tzuyu’s interlocked hands with Momo then finally to Momo.

 

“Momo unnie…?” Mina called out silently that Tzuyu could barely hear it but definitely understand it. Tzuyu saw how Mina’s face turned pink at the sight of the older girl.

 

“H-Hey, Mina.” Momo greets, trying to sound cool in front of Mina. Mina stayed, staring at their hands which were still holding on to each other. Tzuyu realised what Mina was thinking and then let go of Momo’s hand.

 

Mina’s expression relaxed a little bit but it tensed a little when Momo got a little close to Tzuyu by wrapping her arm around Tzuyu’s shoulders. “Do you know Mina, Tzuyu ah?” Momo asked, trying to act indifferent.

 

Actually, she was being very oblivious about this entire situation.

 

Well, not until Chaeyoung came into the picture. Chaeyoung put her head on Mina’s shoulder and Tzuyu saw how Momo’s eyes narrowed at MiChaeng’s intimate position.

 

“Jihyo unnie? Isn’t she at school already?” Tzuyu said, trying to break the tense tension. Mina shook her head, “I checked, she’s not here yet.”

 

Tzuyu had a weird feeling in her gut, and she was sure it wasn’t her body digesting wrong. Tzuyu’s eyebrows crumble downwards. “Mina unnie, can you and Momo stay here a second? I need to talk to Chaeyoung unnie.”

 

Mina’s eye twitched at the way Tzuyu said Momo’s name, very informally. “Okay…?” Tzuyu smiled at Mina and held onto Chaeyoung’s wrist, pulling her away from the two.

 

“What?” Chaeyoung asked. Tzuyu frowned, “Do you think you can write notes for me for first period? I won’t be there.” Chaeyoung gave her a strange look.

 

“Yes, yes, I know. I’m just worried about Jihyo unnie.” Tzuyu said sincerely. Chaeyoung stared for seconds then sighed, “Alright. But you’re tutoring Dahyun unnie for me this Sunday after her church time.”

 

Tzuyu broke into a large smile. “Thank you Chaeng, you are the BEST!” She shouted, hugging the younger girl. “Yes, I know, I know. Now just go and find Jihyo unnie for us, and don’t be long.”

 

Tzuyu was just about to tell Mina about the plan but she paused. So did Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung hummed, almost bitter but almost amused.

 

“I didn’t know that Momo and Mina unnie know each other.” Tzuyu said, staring at the two who were talking animatedly.

 

“I did.” Chaeyoung said quietly, Tzuyu turned her head to find a solemn expression. “I’m glad you didn’t leave on your own accord.” Tzuyu stared at Chaeyoung.

 

“Huh, why?” Tzuyu asked after a while. Chaeyoung nodded her head towards the two. “You don’t know?” Tzuyu looked at the two again, but this time, at Mina--

 

“..And all I wanted was to kiss those pretty moles--”

 

oh.

 

OH.

 

Tzuyu stumbled backwards from shock. “Momo did mention her crush having moles and wanting to kiss them-- Does Mina like Momo back?”

 

Chaeyoung laughed, “Actually, I’ve met with Momo unnie quite a bit, but they’re always whenever I’m hanging out with Mina unnie. And the expression she has when talking to Momo unnie is… wow.”

 

Tzuyu laughed, “Look, Momo is blushing.” Yes, Momo was blushing but so was Mina, they kept their eyes from each other, taking their stances when nervous.

 

“Okay, thanks for the info, Chaeng. I better get going to Jihyo now. Be right back!” Tzuyu calls out, running out the gate. Chaeyoung waves back.

 

As Tzuyu is running away, she takes a second glance towards Chaeyoung, something was definitely wrong and Tzuyu was determined to find out what was wrong with her best friend.

 

But of course, it was obvious. Starting from the looks, to the lingering touches, to the unfocused work, to the enthuse when talking to Mina.

 

It was obvious. Chaeyoung likes Mina.

 

Tzuyu looked to her front again, not wanting to prod into any relationships any further.

 

She ran all the way to Jihyo’s house and rung the doorbell. The door opened and there appeared Jihyo’s mother. “Ah, you must be Tzuyu? Jihyo’s already gone out, if you’re looking for her.” She said with a kind smile.

 

Tzuyu looked confused, Jihyo was nowhere near school, there was a chance that Jihyo was there while Tzuyu was running but she would have encountered her before Jihyo could’ve gone to school.

 

“Okay, thank you, Jihyo unnie’s mother.” Tzuyu said, a polite smile on her face before she sprinted back in the direction of the school.

 

Something was weird, fishy even. Tzuyu was determined to find out what happened to Jihyo.

 

Then Tzuyu started to hear a familiar voice. As well as unfamiliar voices.

 

“...No, please, I have school.” A painfully familiar voice timidly said.

 

“Everyone ditches school these, days. Come on.” The male voice encouraged.

 

“I’m not like those people who ditch school, now excuse me.” The same familiar voice insisted.

 

Tzuyu turned around the corner to see Jihyo literally being cornered by a pack of boys.

 

Tzuyu was furious when she spotted one of them holding her hand. Immediately, she rushed to the help of Jihyo.

 

“W-What the-- Who are you!?” The main male shouted. Tzuyu forcibly made the male let go of Jihyo’s hand.

 

Tzuyu refused to answer them and instead demanded her own answer, “What were you doing to Jihyo unnie.” Some of the males stumbled backwards out of fear from her cold tone.

 

Most were cocky. She is a girl after all.

 

Tch, if only I was a guy, then they would learn to fear me.

 

“Oh? What’s a cute girl like you going to do about this?” He cooed teasingly, clearly fanning the fires in Tzuyu’s fury.

 

Tzuyu smiled back, maliciously. She tilted her head as if to crack it and then cracked her knuckles, “Oh dear, would you like to experiment what this ‘cute girl’ can do about this situation?”

 

Tzuyu let out a glare which could be comparable to this (meme) (“What the did you just ing say about me, you little ? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my ing words. You think you can get away with saying that to me over the Internet? Think again, er. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re ing dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable off the face of the continent, you little . If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your ing tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re ing dead, kiddo.”)

 

“Aw, you’re already pissing your pants?” Tzuyu teased, seeing as though some of the guys ran away from her glare. “I’ve been told I’m blunt and that my punches hurt. You can be the lab experiment.”

 

The middle man remained composed as he taunted her with a smirk. “Try me.”

 

Tzuyu lost it and aimed a punch at the guy.

 

--

 

“You’re lucky.”

 

Tzuyu groaned out of pain when her hips were hit deliberately.

 

“You’re lucky that that knife had not stabbed you. You’re lucky it only grazed you.”

 

Tzuyu sat up to face the person who was sitting next to her, near the hospital bed.

 

“You’re an idiot, why did you have to punch him.”

 

Tzuyu was surprised when Jihyo leaned in for a hug, but Tzuyu her hair to calm her anyway. In no way was she feeling guilty for what she did.

 

She heavily injured the man but herself had worse conditions that she had to be sent to the hospital. Halfway through the hand fight, Tzuyu found herself trying to dodge a knife which made the fight unfair.

 

Just, life was unfair anyway.

 

For Tzuyu, it felt like a fight between herself and life itself.

 

Except, the person that she just fought would probably not make anymore life. Tzuyu may or may not have made him have the inability to make a woman pregnant…

 

“You’re an idiot, you know.” Jihyo says, muffled because her face was on Tzuyu’s chest. Tzuyu laughed dryly, “You should at least praise me, I did stop you from getting or something…”

 

Jihyo laughed, still embracing Tzuyu. She looked up at the younger girl. “Thanks, Tzuyu ah, you idiot.” Jihyo lightly hit Tzuyu’s head who playfully shakes her head like a dog.

 

“Ruff.” She says so monotonous and so different to how a real dog would sound like that Jihyo started to laugh, so enthusiastically and so loud.

 

“By the way, Tzuyu ah.” Jihyo mused, Tzuyu looking up from pretending to be a dog. “Yes, Jihyo unnie?” Jihyo stared at Tzuyu for quite a bit.

 

“Why weren’t you at school?”

 

“Why weren’t you at school? Mina and Chaeyoung we worried.” Tzuyu pressed on, it made Jihyo a bit stressed. “I-I woke up late.”

 

“As far as I found out from the few hours I had spent with you yesterday, you’re responsible. Someone like you would rather scold someone like Momo for getting up late anyway…” Tzuyu said, mumbling the last part.

 

Suddenly, Jihyo looked a bit afraid. “M-Momo? Who is that?” Tzuyu was confused at the change of behaviour, but she answered Jihyo anyway, “My roommate.”

 

“Tzu!”

 

“Speak of the devil, Hirai Momo is here!” Tzuyu exclaimed rather happily. Jihyo flinched at the name and familiar voice, Momo staring at the familiar figure.

 

“Jihyo ah… You’re actually…” Momo exclaimed quietly. Jihyo stood up immediately. “I hope you liked my company, Tzuyu ah. I’ll have to go now.” Jihyo said in her honey sweet voice.

 

“Take care of her, please, Momo unnie.” Jihyo said super stiffly and Tzuyu was completely at loss at the reason.

 

Momo is quick to hold onto Jihyo’s arm, she gazed at Jihyo with pleading eyes. “Please… Jihyo ah…” Jihyo reciprocated the eye-to-eye contact with a cold glance.

 

“Jihyo?”

 

Jihyo turned her head around frantically, spotting the person who called out her name. Nayeon’s face held a certain nostalgia to it, Tzuyu knew.

 

“W-Where have you been, I-I… We all missed you..” Nayeon spoke out, trying to step forward.

 

“Dont. Dont! Stay away.” Jihyo shouted, strangely frustrated and angry. At this point in time, Tzuyu wanted to help Jihyo. Jihyo was in the grasp of Momo and Nayeon was in the doorway so it was hard thinking of a plan.

 

“Momo unnie.”

 

Momo turned her head around, successfully lowering her grasp on Jihyo. When this happened, Tzuyu herself grabbed onto Jihyo’s hand and gently but forcefully pushing Nayeon out of the way.

 

Momo would have run after them if it weren’t for Nayeon who was staring at the two with sad eyes.

 

“T-Tzuyu?!” Jihyo shouted worrily and breathily because of how fast they were going. “Don’t worry unnie, I’m good at this.” Tzuyu assured Jihyo who was finally able to look relaxed after that tense atmosphere.

 

Tzuyu led them to the outer area where they could finally rest. Jihyo sat down on a bench, next to Tzuyu who took a big breath.

 

“What was that about?” Tzuyu finally asked after they both got their breath again. “What do you mean?” Jihyo asked, feigning innocence.

 

“The atmosphere, it was tense. I could feel it.” Tzuyu offhandedly said, Jihyo being confused at the answer, “Feel it? What are you, some superhuman being?” She laughed.

 

To make Jihyo smile, Tzuyu believes that she should go through great lengths. That begins with monotone voices. “Roar, I’m a superhuman being.” She said, absolutely no enthuse embedded in it.

 

Jihyo cracked and snorted and whatever ugly but beautiful sound that left her sound in form of laughter. “What the heck does that mean?”

 

“It means I am the superhuman being, Tzuyuahring.” Tzuyu said, in the same dry voice, creating a random nickname for herself, it sounded ridiculous but it made Jihyo snort loudly.

 

“So, with my superhuman power, I will find out something-- You know Momo unnie and Naye-rabbit unnie.” Tzuyu said, same voice, more worry. “Probably Jeongs oppa too.”

 

Jihyo cracked up at the nicknames Tzuyu said for the trio but she still tensed at the sound of their names. “...” She stayed silent. “Mew tell me.” Tzuyu spoke.

 

Jihyo smiled at Tzuyu, “..yes, I do know them-- That’s all I’m telling you.”

 

Though Tzuyu had been smiling for some time-- Her eyes glanced sharply at Jihyo’s saddened expression. Clearly, Jihyo had history with them.

 

But figuring out what it was-- That was difficult.

 

Tzuyu wasn’t just about to snoop around and find out what Jihyo’s problem with them was. It isn’t polite. She thinks, almost sounding proud when she said that.

 

But wait, since when did Tzuyu want to be polite? Or not want to snoop in relationships and problems.

 

Tzuyu stared at Jihyo.

 

Since her, maybe.

 

“Should I get you a drink, unnie?” Tzuyu asked, knowing that Jihyo is stressed because of them. “Yes, sure, please.” Jihyo said, a grateful smile on her face.

 

Tzuyu stood up, holding Jihyo’s hand. “Don’t let go.” Tzuyu said with a lopsided grin, one which Jihyo reciprocated. “Never.”

 

They walked together to the vending machine.

 

Was it weird that Tzuyu would get through a problem just to save and protect Jihyo? Was it weird that Tzuyu felt weird things when their hands interlocked? Was it weird that Tzuyu felt dizzy once Jihyo replied “Never” to her “Don’t let go” sentence?

 

“Tzuyu ah~” Jihyo called, face right in front of Tzuyu, her hands on her shoulder, presumably shaking Tzuyu. When Tzuyu escaped her daze, she realised how close the two were.

 

She yelped. “Ah!” Stumbling back onto the floor after being startled by Jihyo. “T-Tzuyu ah?!” Jihyo called out, worriedly because-- “Your face is red, are you sick!?”

 

Right, there was that too.

 

“Yeah.” Tzuyu breathed out, trying to calm herself. “I was just a bit startled, that’s all. You don’t have to worry.” Jihyo frowned and then held her hand out.

 

She said with a big smile, “Hold my hand. That way, if you fall, I’ll make sure you don’t or we’ll fall together!” Tzuyu saw this sight absolutely endearing.

 

And absolutely cute.

 

Tzuyu held onto the older girls hand and with Jihyo’s support, stood up. Jihyo stared at their hands. “You know, Tzuyu. Your hands are pretty big. They’re really reassuring.” She comments, another big smile.

 

Tzuyu blushed in response and looked away. “Is that so? Hold my hand whenever, then. I wouldn’t mind.” Jihyo grinned, “Oh really? I get permission to hold a cute girls hand whenever I want?”

 

“Wha-!” Tzuyu stuttered, Jihyo leaned in until they were close to each other, “You’re so cute, Tzuyu ah. I like that part of your charm” She flirted.

 

If Tzuyu thought Jihyo couldn’t make her feel any more warmer or tingles, then Jihyo had just proved her wrong.

 

“R-Right, that’s enough, Jihyo unnie. Pick a drink.” Tzuyu said, pushing Jihyo away and toward the vending machine. “Puush, you’re no fun.” Jihyo complained.

 

“But I’m still cute.” Tzuyu responded sarcastically, her hands placed diagonally to her cheeks, pretending she’s a flower. Jihyo laughed, “Yes, I agree. But...”

 

Jihyo hit the top of Tzuyu’s head playfully, the younger girl releasing a small whimper from the pain. “You also like to mock people. A lot, mind you.” Jihyo said with a small laugh.

 

Tzuyu laughed and then put money in the vending machine, “Strawberry milk for you-- To get taller, of course.” Tzuyu mocked, proving Jihyo’s words.

 

Jihyo pouted at Tzuyu. Tzuyu laughed again at Jihyo. How cute, She thinks carelessly.

 

“Hm? Your face is red again.” Jihyo pointed out, drinking the strawberry milk. “This tastes nice.” She comments. “Something wrong? Got a fever?” Jihyo asked, looking up.

 

Tzuyu shook her head repetitively, “N-No, nothing is wrong.” Jihyo stared up into Tzuyu’s eyes, Tzuyu feeling super confused at her own reaction.

 

What was with my body!? Why is Jihyo so cuuuute!?

 

Internally, her mind was racing, her heart was racing, her face was heating up.

 

“...You’re already in love, you just haven’t accepted it yet.”

 

Tzuyu remembered these words. Was it possible that what Momo was saying was correct?

 

When Jihyo threw the box once filled with strawberry milk, away, they, hands still interlocked, found themselves returning to Tzuyu’s room.

 

When they opened the door, they were very satisfied to find that neither Momo nor Nayeon were in the room, and that Chaeyoung and Dahyun were there instead.

 

“Ah, so that’s where you were.” Chaeyoung mumbled, staring at their hands. “Are you guys dating?” Dahyun asked plainly, eating an apple from the fruit basket she had brought along.

 

“Huh--!?” Tzuyu shouted with high pitch, her hands letting go of Jihyo’s immediately, her face completely red at the thought of dating Jihyo.

 

That sounds nice to do.

 

“HAHA.” Jihyo laughed at Tzuyu’s reaction. “Is she always like this?” Jihyo asked, tears escaping her eyes. Tzuyu frowned and hit Jihyo, “Payback, and you aren’t supposed to laugh at me.”

 

“Oi.” Jihyo said, annoyed but Tzuyu was already back in her bed, sticking her tongue out at Jihyo. “Bleh.” She sounded, monotone again.

 

Jihyo was weak to that move so she fell to the ground, literally wheezing at Tzuyu.

 

“Stop! You-- ha-- You’re making me not breathe!” Jihyo laughed out loud, still on the ground.

 

“Kekeke, feel my power.” ← (No tone, again)

 

At this time, Dahyun and Chaeyoung were laughing at Tzuyu.

 

Jihyo’s still dying.

 

“So, Tzuyu,” Chaeyoung started once they all finished laughing and Tzuyu stopped pulling moves on them. “I heard from a little bird that you were fighting with people.”

 

Chaeyoung lightly hit Tzuyu’s worst wounds which made the younger girl flinch visibly. “Did you glare at them, thinking of that one meme?”

 

“Duh.” Tzuyu said dryly. “Only one had enough balls to fight a tall girl like me.” Dahyun took this opportunity, “Yet that tall girl was weak enough to be beaten up by a weak boy like him.”

 

“Shh, he had a knife.” Tzuyu responded. “Is being tall supposed to be some fighting quality anyway?” Chaeyoung laughed, clearly baffled by their responses.

 

Tzuyu reigned over them, “Definitely. None of you shorties can ever lay a finger on me mwahhaha.”

 

The three of them joked around with Jihyo joining in the conversation once in a while. When Chaeyoung and Dahyun left, Jihyo proceeded to sit next to Tzuyu again.

 

“Hey you.”  Jihyo laughed. “Hey me.” Tzuyu joked. The two giggle over this corny joke. “How are you, not traumatised yet?” Tzuyu asked, meant as a joke.

 

Jihyo smiled sadly again. Ah, Tzuyu thought, She’s upset again. It’s written all over her face. Tzuyu leaned closer to Jihyo, all ounce of jokingness (if that’s even a word) gone.

 

Tzuyu can’t comfort anyone. It’s out of her power. She’s simply too awkward to do so.

 

Also… She had no courage.

 

“...I think I’ll leave now.” Jihyo said quietly. “Visiting hours are nearly over. I’ll come again tomorrow.” Jihyo shot Tzuyu a fake smile, plastered over the frustrated expression that her eyes clearly showed.

 

Tzuyu could tell, Jihyo remembered something she tried so dearly to forget, triggered when Tzuyu had asked the joking sounded question.

 

“..Ok.”

 

But she didn’t do anything to improve Jihyo’s mood.

 

---

 

Outside the window of her hospital bed, Tzuyu stared at the falling rain with a regretful expression. Why, she did not cheer up Jihyo was obvious. Tzuyu is not confident to do so.

 

If she said the wrong words, (which was highly likely, but Jihyo would probably laugh at her mistakes) then Jihyo might be feeling worse than she had.

 

Tzuyu felt ashamed.

 

She hadn’t helped the girl she liked in any way whilst it happened otherwise and Jihyo took care of her instead--

 

Girl I like huh…

 

Tzuyu frowned even more.

 

I don’t deserve to have her love if I don’t treat her correctly.

 

Tzuyu leaned her head on her hand which was being supported by the ledge of the window.

 

I wouldn’t even have her love if I don’t treat her the best.

 

“So… Treating the person I like with the most affection huh…” Tzuyu mumbled to herself, listing to herself some examples of what she should do.

 

Cheering her when she’s down..? Reassuring her, right? Then there’s also compliments. But don’t be too clingy, just close enough that she trusts me a lot… Should I pay more attention to her? Then she’d be grateful that someone listens to her…

 

This went on until she had to retire for the night, not without Chaeyoung randomly coming into her room once again, this time with a small stack of papers, claiming it to be their curriculum and homework from the day.

 

And not without Jihyo coming and the two having an overly flirty conversation.

 

(“Hey you.” Tzuyu greeted.

 

“Hey you.” Jihyo greeted back.

 

“To what do I owe this pleasure visit from a god?” Tzuyu asked suavely.

 

“This god only wants to see the face of her beautiful goddess.” Jihyo said just as suavely.)

 

Chaeyoung also explained to explain their curriculum to Dahyun when she tutors Dahyun on the Sunday that Tzuyu promised to tutor Dahyun--

 

Which brings the scene to that scene. A day passes before Tzuyu could think about what happened the day before.

 

“Hey, Dahyun.” Tzuyu said to the girl who had just entered the door. Tzuyu grabbed the curriculum for their year and Dahyun started to groan. “I didn’t think she was actually telling the truth.”

 

“So what we’re learning…” Tzuyu started to explain, leaning forward to the books.

 

Throughout the lesson, Dahyun had exclaimed how easy and useful Tzuyu’s teaching methods are and how unnaturally simplified they were.

 

And of course, Dahyun isn’t dense at all.

 

“Tzuyu, you’ve been out of it. You usually use such bigger words, now using smaller words. Is there something on your mind?”

 

Tzuyu snapped her head upwards, looking at Dahyun’s worried expression. Dahyun put aside her work to move closer to Tzuyu.

 

“Dahyun…” Tzuyu started, still somewhat lost in her thoughts. “What…”  Tzuyu tried to find the best way to phrase her sentence, “...How do you feel around Sana unnie?”

 

Dahyun choked because of that sentence, “W-What!? A-A-Around Sana unnie?” She stuttered, face completely red. Tzuyu nodded. “Yeah, Like, based on how you like her.”

 

Dahyun turned even more red for minutes until she got her breath back and her colour back to normal, “Er… You know, I just want to be with her forever… I want to help her with what she does, She doesn’t like me so my heart…” Dahyun said to herself, clutching at the area where her heart is.

 

“Sana unnie is a naturally clingy person so everytime she kisses or hugs someone, it hurts so much… ahaha… Sorry for ranting about it.” Dahyun laughed hollowly, feeling somewhat lovestruck but hurt at the same time.

 

“No, it’s no worries. I got my answer.”  Tzuyu said, smiling. “Why don’t you confess to her, then?” Tzuyu asked and Dahyun shook her head repeatedly, “Nonono, she doesn’t like me, why would I do that?”

 

Tzuyu sighed and wrapped an arm around Dahyun’s shoulder, “Sometimes, you’ve gotta risk it. Plus, you don’t really know for sure if she doesn’t like you back.”

 

Dahyun smiled, “Yeah, sure.” Dahyun looked down, feeling better all of a sudden. “By the way, why did you ask that-- Do you like someone?!”

 

“WHAT?! DOES TZUYU AH LIKE SOMEONE!??!?!?” A voice screamed from outside.

 

Dahyun and Tzuyu hear heavy footsteps from outside and the door slams to show Chaeyoung, definitely interested about what the two were talking about.

 

“Who!?” Chaeyoung shouts, running to Tzuyu’s bed (not without slamming the door closed) frantically, “Is it one of us? Or is it your roommate?! Or your roommates friends!? Wait… Is it Mina unnie or Sana unnie?”

 

Tzuyu backs away a little, “Uh… None of them?” Dahyun and Chaeyoung looked at each other and immediately, they had another answer, “Jihyo unnie!! It’s Jihyo unnie, isn’t it?!” They screamed.

 

Tzuyu turned red and looked away, not saying anything. “N-No?” She unconvincingly said. Chaeyoung and Dahyun looked at each other in surprise before squealing over and over again.

 

“Shut up!” Tzuyu said, covering her face in embarrassment. “Oh? I think we just found a weakness?” Dahyun said, smirking at Tzuyu, Chaeyoung nodding along with Dahyun.

 

The rest of the day went on with Dahyun and Chaeyoung teasing Tzuyu.

 

Also, Tzuyu was allowed to leave the hospital this day because all she needed was to recover her wounds but she can walk properly.

 

(“Hey, were you tutoring Dahyun at all?” Chaeyoung asked just as they were about to leave the hospital room.

 

“Uh, yeah. I was. Until you came.” Tzuyu said, packing up her own things. Chaeyoung stared in disbelief, “Really? I’m pretty sure that when I came you guys were talking about--”

 

“Shh, we were studying.”

 

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes, “Yea- Studying love.”

 

Tzuyu copied Chaeyoung’s movement, her face slightly red, “Whatever you say, my chingu.”)

 

When Tzuyu arrived home, she was engulfed in a tough hug with Momo. Tzuyu stared down at Momo who didn’t budge.

 

“Er, Momo unnie? I’m hooome?” Tzuyu tried to say but she hears a sniffle from Momo. “I know, I know… Sorry I couldn’t visit you in the hospital, some things just happened.” Momo made an excuse, her voice cracking.

 

Tzuyu smiled softly, “This is just a one time thing, okay?” She said and Momo nodded, feeling comfortable in Tzuyu’s arms.

 

“Why were you in the hospital?” Momo asked, finally letting go of Tzuyu’s now stained shirt. Before Tzuyu had a chance to ask anything, Momo spoke first, “Why- Tell me why… Why was Jihyo there?”

 

Tzuyu tilts her head slightly at the sound of her crush’s name but she answers honestly, “...I got in a fight to protect Jihyo unnie.”

 

“I saw your chat with her two days ago-- Do you like her? Do you like Jihyo?” Momo asked and Tzuyu looked away from Momo.

 

“Is it a bad thing?”

 

From the silence, Tzuyu could tell that Momo knows that she does like Jihyo from the direct confession about it. Tzuyu only hopes that Momo and Jihyo had good history together, rather than bad history.

 

“No. Not at all. In fact… It might even be a good thing…” Momo mumbled to herself, Tzuyu catching the sentence clearly. Tzuyu was curious to what she meant.

 

“How’s it a good thing, that I like her?”

 

Momo looked straight into Tzuyu’s eyes. “Tell me honestly, do you like her… Or love her?” Momo asked. “I don’t know.” Tzuyu shook her head.

 

Momo held Tzuyu’s hand and led her to her room. “It’s okay if you aren’t sure, but for now, just rest.” Tzuyu smiled at Momo gratefully before she sat on her bed.

 

When Tzuyu went to the bathroom to wash up, it suddenly came to her how battered up she really was. She didn’t feel the pain but she saw the winces of her friends whenever they visited.

 

Tzuyu’s right cheek had bandaids on them, that was were the knife had grazed her, then her lip was busted because the first punch had hit her lip. The part around her eye was heavily swollen and had a small bandaid on it.

 

When Tzuyu took off her shirt, there were bruises because of his kicks, her elbow had a bandaid too because when she fell, she scraped it on the floor.

 

Welp, whatever, all for Jihyo unnie.

 

Tzuyu took a quick bath and fell to her bed wearing her pyjamas.

 

“Do I love Jihyo unnie? Or is it just my admiration. Or is she only my crush?” Tzuyu mumbles to her, those thoughts taking up her mind.

 

She then went to sleep.

 

---

 

“I’ll be going out, now, Momo unnie!” Tzuyu called out from the main door, locking the door so that no one gets in.

 

Tzuyu then ran to Jihyo’s house and rung the bell.

 

The door opened, revealing Jihyo in her pyjamas.

 

(Tzuyu wouldn’t admit it out loud, because it’s embarrassing, but Jihyo in her jigglypuff pyjamas was absolutely adorable)

 

“Hm? Tzuyu ah? What are you doing here? It’s really early.” Jihyo asked, yawning in the process. Tzuyu smiled and walked forward.

 

“I thought I’d ask if you wanted to walk together. It’s boring walking by myself, y’know?” She answered cooly, already making herself into Jihyo’s house, “Wow, it’s been a while since I’ve been to your house.”

 

Jihyo laughed, “You make it sound like it’s been years since you came-- Which, by the way, you came a few days ago.”

 

“I’ll just sit here and wait for you?” Tzuyu asked, sitting on the couch and Jihyo smiled, “Yep, I won’t be too long, so don’t worry.”

 

Tzuyu her phone to find a few notifications on messages. She laughed reading how Momo was calling for her so she called Momo and Momo picked up.

 

“Where are you!?” She could hear Momo’s frantic voice. Tzuyu laughed in turn, “I’m 100% sure that I told you that I would get to school earlier.”

 

“I heard that, I’m at school!” Momo shouted and Tzuyu raised her eyes, “Really? You, early at school? That’s a first. Whatever, I’m at a friends house.”

 

Tzuyu could almost see Momo’s smirking face over the phone, “Oh? At a friends house? Don’t you mean, Jihyo’s house? Oo, how scandalous.”

 

“Tzuyu? Why is your face so red?”

 

“Oh, looks like I gotta go. Practise safe , will ya?” Momo joked disgustingly, hanging up on Tzuyu before she could scream at the older girl.

 

Tzuyu looked up, an embarrassed expression on her face. “H-Hey you.” She managed to say and Jihyo laughed at her, holding out a hand for the younger girl. “Hey you.” She replied.

 

“S-Should we go now?” Tzuyu asked, grabbing onto Jihyo’s hand to get up, she found this atmosphere too hard to deal with.

 

(or maybe it’s the fact that Momo had said something that embarrassing.)

 

“Ok.” Jihyo said and she walks to the door, their hands still intertwined, neither willing to let go of each others hand.

 

Tzuyu could smell a hint of jasmine when Jihyo walked closer to her and her heart skipped a beat.

 

The way to school was comfortable silence, neither of them loosened their grip on each others hands and neither of them said a thing. They liked it like this.

 

Tzuyu spotted Mina and Chaeyoung talking and just as Tzuyu was about to say their names, Chaeyoung ran away from Mina.

 

Momo then appeared from nowhere and held Mina’s hand, giving Mina a reassuring smile.

 

Tzuyu and Jihyo had already decided to hide from the three and were completely shocked when Momo leaned in to give a kiss that Mina reciprocates.

 

“What!?” Jihyo shouted but it came out as a whisper, Jihyo didn't know it was Momo because Momo's back was facing them. “Mina’s dating a sunbae?!”

 

Tzuyu stared at where Chaeyoung was still standing. A frown on her face.

 

“Oh my god, why haven’t I noticed? Mina is like a baby penguin, this is a big problem-- hey are you even listening?!” Jihyo said and Tzuyu looked at her with a deep frown.

 

“Jihyo unnie. That isn’t the problem right now… The problem now is… Chaeyoung.”

 

Jihyo stopped her motherly rant to look into Tzuyu’s eyes worriedly. “Chaeyoung ah? She did run…  away from Mina… Do you know what happened?”

 

Tzuyu sat on the ground, a regretful expression on her face. “Why did I not notice earlier? I should-- I should have been there for her…” Jihyo furrowed her eyebrows together.

 

She held Tzuyu’s shoulder to calm the younger down, “Tzuyu ah… Calm down… What happened?”

 

Tzuyu looked up at Jihyo, with the same frown, “Did you know? ...Chaeyoung likes Mina.” Jihyo nodded her head, it was indeed obvious.

 

“It’s just a guess, but I saw tears running down Chaeyoung’s face. She gave a pained smile towards Mina before crying after she turned her back. Mina… She looked sad- No, guilty. They were so close, Chaeyoung confessed.” Tzuyu said, frowning.

 

“But, it’s not true, right? Maybe I was reading into things too much.” Tzuyu ended, sighing. Jihyo rubbed Tzuyu’s back.

 

“Should we follow Chaeyoung then?”

 

Tzuyu shook her head, “No, I’m not one for comforting someone, my advice wouldn’t help.” Jihyo gave a soft smile and took her by the hand, “You haven’t tried, let’s go to her, help her.”

 

Convinced by Jihyo, Tzuyu and her ran to where Chaeyoung was predicted to be, in the art studio.

 

It was a mess, the room. The canvas fallen to the ground, paint spilled. Chaeyoung crying, trying to paint the image of Mina but with a trembling hand, she failed to paint beautifully, but abstractedly.

 

“You know that the school pays for this.” Tzuyu starts, carefully walking into the room, Jihyo stayed by the door.

 

Chaeyoung looked down ashamedly, “Why don’t you go away, I’m busy.” She said coldly, still trying to paint Mina’s face. Tzuyu clicked her tongue and kicked the canvas from Chaeyoung’s hands.

 

“And I thought you said the school would pay for this.” Chaeyoung countered, finally looking up. Tzuyu’s eyes widened, her eyes were swollen, dull.

 

“I think we need Sana unnie right now.” Tzuyu started to bring a joke in. Chaeyoung frowned, “Why the hell are you bringing the unnies in here--?”

 

“Because Sana will bring life into you.” Tzuyu laughed out loud to her joke, falling to the ground, completely disregarding the fact that paint would be on her clothes.

 

Chaeyoung was trying to fight a smile, but Tzuyu’s laugh made it incredibly hard to fight it that she ended up fighting.

 

“You know, right?” Chaeyoung asked, when Tzuyu sat next to her. Chaeyoung picked up the ruined canvas picture of Mina’s face. She winced and the tears started to come in.

 

“Why I’m drawing Mina unnie and why I’m crying right now.” Chaeyoung said and Tzuyu nodded in response, Chaeyoung smiling bitterly, “You’ve always liked to observe things, it’s a strong ability you have.”

 

Tzuyu laughed, “You’re dumb. There’s someone right in front of you who likes you.” Chaeyoung frowned, “Don’t you have a crush on--” Tzuyu covered Chaeyoung’s mouth before she said anything, frantically looking at the door.

 

“No one, I don’t like anyone.” Tzuyu said and then hissed in Chaeyoung’s ear, “Jihyo unnie is outside the door!”

 

Chaeyoung widened her eyes, “No way-- She know everything then?!” Tzuyu hit Chaeyoung in the head, “Everyone knows you freaking like Mina, it’s too obvious.”

 

Tzuyu stared at a fretting Chaeyoung in silence. "You do realise that someone likes you already." Chaeyoung stopped in her movements to look at Tzuyu skeptically. "Really? I don't think so. Who?"

 

"Guess."

 

"Um, Is it Eunwoo or Moonbin? I hang around with them. Oh, is it Dahyun? Wait no, she has Sana... You? But don't you like Jihyo?" Dahyun guesses cluelessly and Tzuyu facepalms.

 

“I meant someone else. Who else hangs around you-- Who isn’t either Dahyun unnie or me!” Tzuyu said. Chaeyoung thinks hard, “Somi ya..? Probably not…”

 

Tzuyu facepalmed and Jihyo laughed in the background. “No- I’m pretty sure that Somi ah likes you. Maybe I’ll tell her to go on the offensive?” Tzuyu teased and Chaeyoung’s face went red.

 

“Maybe you shouldn’t?” Chaeyoung mumbled. Tzuyu smiled and hit Chaeyoung’s back, “Now that you’re all better, I’ll take off. I hope you get over Mina unnie soon and find your own happiness.”

 

“After all, Mina unnie would never be available with that loyal dog behind her.” Tzuyu laughed out loud.

 

Jihyo appeared in Tzuyu’s sight and gave the younger girl a smile, “See? That wasn’t too bad, was it?” She said and Tzuyu nodded. Jihyo instinctively held Tzuyu’s hand in her own.

 

“C’mon, let’s give Chaeyoung ah some alone time.” Jihyo said, and the two of them were off to their own classes. The bell rang not too long after and Jihyo and Tzuyu (unfortunately) had to separate.

 

When Tzuyu entered her classroom, everyone stared at her weirdly, as if she was wearing something weird--

 

Right, she had paint on her.

 

“Chou Tzuyu. This attire is unacceptable.” The teacher said. “Go clean yourself in the bathroom, now.” She said and Tzuyu quietly went out. Unsurprisingly, Chaeyoung was too, called out to get to the bathroom and--

 

Is that Somi, with paint on her, walking beside Chaeyoung.

 

Instead of calling out Chaeyoung’s name, Tzuyu hid in the shadows, stealthily following them. She decided to eavesdrop on them.

 

“I’m glad you came, Somi ah.” Chaeyoung said with a grateful smile. Somi smiled, “Anything for my best friend.”

 

Best Friend. Tzuyu scoffed quietly, I’m sure you mean crush. They continued to walk some more in awkward silence. Tzuyu was curious what happened between them.

 

“Um… Somi ah?” Chaeyoung called out first, “About what you said before…” Chaeyoung said, her face red. Somi’s face turned red too.

 

“Y-You don’t have to worry about that.” Somi said, a bitter smile on her face. “You like someone else, so you don’t have to accept my confession.”

 

Holy geeballs, I think I’ve just discovered something so scandalous! Tzuyu thought, her eyes widening at this new piece of information, only hoping that her best friend would be happy with Somi, if she were to accept Somi’s feelings.

 

Chaeyoung frowned, a little disappointed in the answer. “Really? But you know… I confessed to Mina this morning too…” Somi looked away, all colour gone from her face.

 

“W-What did she say?” Somi asked, Tzuyu knew she didn’t want to hear a ‘yes’ from Chaeyoung.

 

Chaeyoung laughed, this time, it was more joyful than her laugh back when Tzuyu had spoken with Chaeyoung. “You know what she said. Remember that pretty upperclassman who can dance really well? Hirai Momo? That’s her girlfriend.”

 

Somi’s mood seemed to have improved but it didn’t stop her from being sad for the girl. “Oh… I’m sorry about that.” Chaeyoung smiled.

 

“Well I mean, you’re my girlfriend now and Tzuyu kind of made me realise that I like you so all is good.”

 

Somi stopped walking, her cheeks completely red.

 

“Does this mean-”

 

“Yes.” Chaeyoung said, with a suave grin. It was a bit of a turnback when her own face was red.

 

Chaeyoung held onto Somi’s hand and pulled her into her own arms, “I-I want you to say it. I want to hear it.” Somi insisted and Chaeyoung let out a nervous laugh.

 

Chaeyoung distanced herself a small bit but her arms were still around Somi’s waist and they were in an extremely close proximity.

 

“Somi ah, I- I fell in love with you. I don’t know when it happened, but it happened. And I’m glad it happened, because you are one of the most amazing people I’ve ever met and if I hadn’t fallen with you, I might as well have lived a life of depression.”

 

Somi blushed at Chaeyoung’s charming compliments and dug her face in the croom of Chaeyoung’s neck. “Don’t do that.” She whined.

 

Chaeyoung brought one hand to gently cradle the side of Somi’s head. The two looked at each other in the same way- lovingly.

 

Chaeyoung led the way by leaning in first until they met with a satisfying kiss.

 

“Again…” Somi asked quietly and Chaeyoung laughed. “I think I’m turning you into someone girly.” Chaeyoung teased and Somi smacked Chaeyoung’s arm violently “You just ruined the mood.” She frowned, rather than pouting.

 

“Ah, there we go, the pouting substitute, the uglier substitute.” She teased again, “You’re turning back manly.”

 

Somi rolled her eyes, “If you’re going to act like the man of this relationship, why should I act like one too? I don’t exactly want this to look like a man-gay relationship rather than lesbian.”

 

“Your blunt words are coming back.” Chaeyoung laughed and before Somi could retort, she kissed the younger girl, effectively quieting her because Somi reciprocated the kiss almost immediately.

 

“Oh my god.” Chaeyoung whispered, “I’m going to get so killed by Matthew oppa.” She breathed out, almost scared because of Somi’s father.

 

“He wouldn’t do anything.” Somi laughed. Chaeyoung gave her a skeptical look, “Oh really? On that TV set, he was only acting to be angry at that guy who acted not to like you, imagine what would happen in real life.”

 

Chaeyoung frowned, “What if I’m not enough--?” Somi shut her up with another kiss. “You know, Chaeyoung ah. I’ve liked you since a long time ago, my dad knows too. What’s stopping us?”

 

Chaeyoung then replied, “I guess you’re right about that.” She gave a smile being kissing Somi again.

 

Okay, Tzuyu was getting enough of that mushy stuff between Somi and Chaeyoung.

 

Secretly, she had taken pictures of their kisses from each good angle and then rushed to the toilet before she could have gotten caught.

 

Minutes later, Chaeyoung and Somi came in, holding hands.

 

Tzuyu sighed in relief, At least they weren’t making out when they came in. “Hey girls, what took you guys so long?” Tzuyu asked, a knowing smile invisible on her face.

 

Chaeyoung and Somi blushed and let go of each others hand (their expressions said it all, from their sore looking lips to red hand marks on Somi’s neck. But Tzuyu doesn’t want to embarrass the new couple only by bluntly pointing it out.)

 

“Say, Somi ah. Do you have a person you like?” Tzuyu asked, trying to wash off the red paint mark on her blouse. Tzuyu could see how red the two got.

 

“N-Nope.” Somi shook her head. Tzuyu laughed and said, “Then I hope you’re not half-heartedly kissing girls openly in the hallway.” Tzuyu finally washed it off when she saw the embarrassed look on the girls faces of being caught.

 

Tzuyu was about to walk out the door when she said to the two in the toilet, (who, by the way, were eyeing each other so strongly it even scared the mighty Tzuyu.)

 

“Try not to do anything too much for now. You guys have only started, haven’t you? And it would be a shock for Matthew oppa if he found out that his daughter’s precious--”

 

“OKAY OKAY, THAT’S ENOUGH!” She heard Chaeyoung shouting, her voice definitely shaking from embarrassment, she was probably covering her face like Somi in there who hadn’t said a word.

 

“Uwa, sorry Somi ah, that girl is too sneaky for her own good.” Tzuyu heard Chaeyoung groan before it was silent and then she heard a thud.

 

So much for that warning.

 

Tzuyu returned to class when the lunch bell rang and for some reason, Chaeyoung and Somi were in the class before she was.

 

Who is the sneaky one, now?

 

“You’re late. I’m putting whatever I put in this class in the exam. You aren’t getting perfect marks this time, Chou.” The teacher grinned competitively.

 

Tzuyu gave a smirk back, “Miss, please, you say that all the time, you always fail to do so. Try not to get the students involved, they’d like to graduate.”

 

The teacher faltered and then packed her stuff in shame.

 

“Can you stop roasting the teacher every time you see her.” Dahyun laughed from the other side of the room.

 

Tzuyu rolled her eyes, “She deserves it- Hey pass me my bag please.” Dahyun smiled and threw Tzuyu’s bag into her arms.

 

“I hope we’re not eating with your girlfriend?” Tzuyu said, zipping up her bag by the door, just waiting for Dahyun.

 

“Haha, yes we are, unfortunately for you-- Actually, no. Don’t you want to eat with Jihyo unnie?” Dahyun asked. Tzuyu paused, Jihyo happened to be the reasoning for most of her decisions recently because of an obvious crush on her.

 

“Okay then.” Tzuyu answered simply. “Hey Chaeng, bring your girlfriend with you.” Dahyun widened her eyes when she saw Somi and Chaeyoung blush at the same them.

 

“They-they-- When!?” Dahyun shouted, pulling and pushing at Tzuyu whilst they’re still walking. “Jeepers creepers, just wait-- They became that way after being sent to the toilet to clean off the paint.” Tzuyu answered, sounding as if she hadn’t spied on them.

 

“You dirty, little cheat. You should have recorded it!” Dahyun shouted and laughed at the same time, much to the embarrassment of the two beside them.

 

“I did not record it. But I took pictures of them kissing.” Tzuyu said honestly, taking out her phone. Chaeyoung immediately went to delete the pictures but it was too late.

 

Dahyun had already seen them. “Sheesh, you did not initiate it you baby tiger.” Dahyun said, bewildered that Chaeyoung looked like she was taking the lead.

 

Tzuyu put her phone in her pocket before Chaeyoung could do anything to it.

 

Dahyun laughed and wrapped her arms around Tzuyu in an affectionate way and Chaeyoung did the same, only to try and crush Tzuyu.

 

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, what in the hell did I miss to see that my beloved baby is having her own harem?”

 

Tzuyu, Dahyun and Chaeyoung all looked up (down, in Tzuyu’s case lmao) to see Nayeon, making herself at home where they were going to sit at.

 

“...And so, I invited my girlfriend and her friends to come and sit with us.” Tzuyu could vaguely hear Mina saying, happily. Mina paused when she saw Chaeyoung sheepishly looking at her.

 

“Hello Minari~” Chaeyoung called out affectionately. “Ch-Chaeng.” Mina said, looking shocked and confused.

 

“Wait, so who is your girlfriend? Chaeyoung?” Jihyo asked Mina, confused about her reaction.

 

“I invited my own friend and her own friends here.” Sana said, “So no, Chaeyoung is not her girlfriend. Actually, Dahyun ah told me Chaeyoung has her own girlfriend, that she’s bringing along.”

 

The three look at Somi who grinned widely, “Hello, I’m Somi!” She said, shaking all of their hands. “Oo, so you are Mina.” Somi said, looking at Mina.

 

“So wait, then who is your girlfriend, Mina?” Jihyo asked, trying to look past to see the other three on the other side.

 

“Glad you asked, her name is Momo.”

 

Then suddenly, Tzuyu remembered that Jihyo and those three had bad history.

 

Jihyo’s widened eyes were visible until Tzuyu came into her view and greeted her. “Hey you. Unnie.” Jihyo’s features relaxed upon seeing Tzuyu, “Hey you. Dongsaeng.”

 

They all raised brows at the interaction of the two. Just as Jihyo was about to reluctantly join them, Tzuyu held her wrist.

 

“Jihyo unnie, would you like to join me on a walk?”

 

---

 

Tzuyu doesn’t remember how they got into this position but it came in unanswered questions and now tear stained blouse.

 

“I-I’m so sorry.” Jihyo apologised for the umpteenth time and Tzuyu shushed her. For the first time, Tzuyu gave her words to encourage her.

 

Tzuyu her hair and embraced her tightly, with much care, as if the older girl would break suddenly.

 

“You don’t have to worry Jihyo unnie. You never have to worry, Jihyo unnie. I will be understanding about everything. You can lean on my shoulder all the time, I wouldn’t mind. I would always be there for you.”

 

Jihyo looked up and Tzuyu wiped away her tears.

 

“You are my favourite person, anyway.” Tzuyu mumbled, just loud enough that Jihyo could hear it and laugh.

 

“Was that a confession I just heard?” Jihyo said and Tzuyu laughed in turn.

 

“Maybe?” Tzuyu said mysteriously. “Who else did I trust with the issue of Jackson and I?”

 

Jihyo began to think, “Chaeyoung? Or maybe Dahyun?” Tzuyu chuckled and flicked Jihyo’s head, “Only you, you pabo.”

 

Jihyo tilted her head, “Why only me?” Tzuyu smiled wistfully, an expression that Jihyo knew so well, but couldn’t pinpoint what it was or why she knew it so well.

 

Because I love you.

 

“Because you’re the person I click to the most. Since you don’t like anyone. Yet, apparently.” Tzuyu laughed and then wrapped an arm around Jihyo’s shoulder.

 

“Are you done crying, you crybaby?” Tzuyu teased and Jihyo hit Tzuyu’s side. Tzuyu pretended to be hurt by it, blaming it on her wounds.

 

It was kind of obvious that it was an exaggeration, but Jihyo felt the need to be worried.

 

“Oh my god, are you okay?” Jihyo asked, her brows furrowing. “I’m so sorry!” She apologised, holding Tzuyu up.

 

Tzuyu stuck out her tongue, to prove that she was joking and ran from the wrath of Park Jihyo.

 

“YAH, CHOU TZUYU!! I will get you!!”

 

Everyone could hear, they heard the laughing voice of Tzuyu and the screaming voice of Jihyo who both emerged from their hiding spots to get back to their table.

 

“Not likely!” Tzuyu screamed.

 

They spent their lunch time chasing each other.


A/N: I hope you enjoyed this long chapter, I wasn't meant to make it long but whatever. I guess I finished it relatively quickly. 

I'm kind of regretting making it extra long because of the fact that I had to put on the italics and bolds and it took forever especially since my cousins were in my home whilst I was dong so. Take this long chapter as a gift for New Years.

Happy New Years, everyone!

2017 May have been one of the worst for K-Pop idols and fans but may next year be better.

Have fun, go all out! :D

Peace out.