Prologue: Romanticist and her Lost Dreams

A Romanticist who shouldn't be able to fall

A silent laugh resounded in the messy room. Headphones over her ears, Tzuyu had continued to read her book until a minute later where she gently placed it on the table beside her.

 

Tzuyu looked up at the ceiling, to ponder over the thought that had taken over her when certain love songs played in her ears.

 

She took a deep-- definitely dreamy-- but confused sigh.

 

“If that wasn’t it… Then, what is love?”

 

Previously, Tzuyu would have believed that love is easily obtainable, but as of now, she believes.

 

“Love will not be mine, I will always be love’s.”

 

Tzuyu could recall her friend, a boy, confessing to her after the graduation ceremony.

 

Tzuyu expected to feel embarrassed, at the very least. And if it were to play out like the romantic stories she had read, she would feel dizzy, happy--

 

At least loved.

 

She felt none of that.

 

No ecstasy. Just nothing. Tzuyu hasn’t replied to her friend yet, promising a reply on the day. She stares at her phone, the last message between the two of them was nearly two months ago.

 

She curled in her bed, the mattress underneath her creaking noisily. Tzuyu sighs again, letting her body relax, trying not to think about things like that.

 

If one is a romanticist, the worst thing that could happen is an inability to love.

 


 

A/N: Hello! I'm obviously not new here, but I thought I'd greet everyone who might read this. And maybe to tell people why I am writing this story.

This story is about someone who is a romanticist, they have not experienced love and are doubting the possibility to like anyone... UNTIL, they meet the right person who makes them love (romantically).

This story is based around my own (unrequited) love story and I just wanted to make a story that sounded realistic (probably doesn't right now, but I'll try)

Anywho, I hope you like this prologue and stay turned for the next chapters!