The First Time We Met

Crazy Beautiful

How We Met

 

 

 

I wouldn’t say that today was a good day, and saying that it was a bad day was an understatement either. Having to spend most of my evening with a total boring blind date (courtesy to my friend, Hani for setting me up to that stupid blind date) that was undenyingly loud and getting drench on my way to the bus stop - tell me if it wasn’t the worst.

 

 

 

 

 

Hugging myself tighter, I shook my legs to distract myself from the cold. My black shirt was literally sticking up to me like a second skin and I can’t help but to shiver every time the wind blows.

 

 

 

 

I was huffing, mentally scolding myself for leaving the umbrella behind even when I knew that I was going to rain that evening. I was so into scolding myself that I missed the present of another person walking to the bus stop, at least not until she occupied the seat right next to mine and started to huff and puff loudly.

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey, left your umbrella behind?” she asked, I guessed she was in the mood to be annoyingly friendly since she was asking question with such an obvious answer. I mean, would I let myself being that drenched if I had an umbrella with me? So I chose to keep mum and kept my gaze to the front, not sparing her even a glance.

 

 

 

 

 

“Yah, answer me,” she demanded, in which I selfishly ignored.

 

 

 

 

 

“Yah~ … Yongddonnie is so boring right now, talk to me. Pwease,” she whined, adding some agyeo on her last word. I shuddered and I’m sure, it was not because of the cold. Yongddonnie? What kind of parent would named their daughter with that kind of name?

 

 

 

 

 

I heard her letting out a big, heavy sigh. And I smirked. Maybe she finally had enough of trying to be friendly with me. But boy, I was wrong.

 

 

 

 

 

“Woah, that shirt is really sticking up to you, huh? Don’t you just glad that you chose to wear black?” it was then my turn to sigh. Why, just why, did God chose to send this loud stranger now? My day was bad enough as it is. All I wish for at that exact moment for the bus to come soon for I can’t wait to go home, took a warm bath and change into my pajama before I finally tucked myself to sleep the night away.

 

 

 

 

 

“Yah, didn’t you learn basic manner before at school? You shouldn’t ignore when someone is either asking or talking to you. Ah, since I’m looking at you now shouldn’t you at least spare me a glance. I mean,” and that was the moment that I’ve finally had enough of her rambling nonsense. I tried to tune her voice out, she definitely not making it easy for me to do so.

 

 

 

 

 

So I shifted slightly, uncrossed my arms that was hugging my waist and my hand went to clamp shut using my thumb and forefinger. That definitely shut her up. Given, her eyes were wide like a deer caught in the headlight.

 

 

 

 

 

“Please,” I started off, “stop talking, babbling, rambling or whatsoever.  Do you think you can do that on your own, or do I need to keep my fingers here so that you can’t even open your mouth?”

 

 

 

 

 

“Mmmm,” she mumbled.

 

 

 

 

 

“What?” she rolled her eyes up and signaled me to pry my fingers off of her. She was about to open to say something when she decided against it and went on with a nod of courtesy instead. I smiled, feeling entertained with the random stranger beside me.

 

 

 

 

 

The bus came a second later. I stood up and was about to walk ahead when I noticed that she weren’t doing the same.

 

 

 

 

 

“Aren’t you coming?” I asked, and she shook her head lightly.

 

 

 

 

 

“My friend is coming to pick me up, she said while taking her jacket off of her. She then handed it to me, which confused the hell out of me.

 

 

 

 

 

“Wear this and warm yourself,”

 

 

 

 

 

“But,” she extended her arm further and I had no choice but to take it. “Thank you. And goodnight, Ms. Chatterbox,” I said and went to get on the bus.

 

 

 

 

We Fell In Love

 

 

 

It was finally weekend, and instead of lazing my off on my super comfy bed, here I am; walking along the Han River, on my way to meet another blind date of mine (another courtesy to Hani).

 

 

 

 

 

It was strange actually. I was fine being single and all, but my friends definitely didn’t think the same. Hence, the kept on setting me up into blind dates with their other friend. And every time that I say no, they’d always gave me the same preach; you’re lonely, Byul-ah, they’d say.

 

 

 

 

 

I took a few deep breathe every now and then, trying to calm my nerves and I’d occasionally wipe my clammy palms over my pant. I’ve done this quite a lot of times before, but never did I felt more nervous than today.

 

 

 

 

 

She’ll be in more quiet and deserted part of Han River, your favorite spot.

 

 

 

 

 

Hani’s voice rang inside my head. I looked down to my outfit and for a moment I hesitated. Was it alright? Do I look good enough? And a thousands more thought went across my mind. But the thoughts was gone as fast as it came when I finally saw the silhouette of a girl, or should I say woman, sitting at my ‘favorite spot’ as Hani would’ve quoted.

 

 

 

 

 

My steps halted. I took a moment to stare at her back. Her hair was brown, not light nor dark, just perfect. That chatterbox got the same shade of hair too, I thought. Her hair was swaying with the direction of the wind while a few different snacks and two bottle of juice were placed right next to her thigh.

 

 

 

 

 

I went to her side, my steps was discreet for I suddenly had the thought of surprising her.

 

 

 

 

 

“Hello,” I greeted when I finally stood to her side. And to say that she was surprised was kind of an understatement. She turned to face me, and never that I thought I could be even more surprise than that exact moment.

 

 

 

 

 

“It’s her,” I thought.

 

 

 

 

 

Looks of recognition went across our face. We lifted our hand up and pointed finger at each other before we erupted into a laugh, though I stopped a few moment later as I realized the cute shrieking sound that she produced as she continued to laugh.

 

 

 

 

 

I took a seat next to her, propped my elbow atop of my knees and leant my palm on my knuckles as I stared at her laughing face. Her laugh subsided, yet the smile never left her face, showing me the dimples that I failed to notice when I had met her for the first time.

 

 

 

 

 

“Kim Yongsun,” she said, extending her palm out waiting for me to accept her handshake.

 

 

 

 

 

“Moon Byulyi,” I replied, and accepted her extended palm.  The moment that our hand touched, I knew, right there and then, that I’m falling for this chatterbox from that cold rainy night.

 

 

 

 

 

Some people need a lot of meetings before they finally took notice of their feeling; while some only need one.

(Hindie Movie : Hum Tum / Me You)

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

a/n : I was taking break from my studying session when i check this story out and notice that theis chapter has been marked as draft for far too long .. So here, as i promised you (though you may have forgot), the snipppets of them meeting and falling in love.