My one and only (2)

Kingdom Come

HEY! So I’m back (no one cares lol), im terribly sorry about not posting anything in so long but my life was a mess, i went through some very dark times and I wasn’t confident in this or any of my new stories. But I received a comment today, someone was actually waiting for a new chapter and I couldn’t believe it, I thought no one cared about my stories so thank you (you know who you are) for motivating me to write again!! This is a small chapter but i will publish more during this week, I promise! Thank you for waiting-Javi. 

————————•———————

 

“Oh, I certainly didn’t see that one coming”- said the Queen from the door, she had a big smile on her face as she joined her daughter in the bed, she signaled the maids to leave and then looked at her now very silent daughter. 

 

“So you are in love then?”

 

“I... I’m not sure mom but i...”

 

“It’s fine darling, me and you father already know”

 

Eunbi quickly looked at her mother with a puzzled face “you already know what, Mother?”

 

“That you are in love with Yerin of course”- answered the King as he entered the princess’s chambers with a big smile too. 

 

“What? So everybody knows? But i just found out and...wait, How did you know even if I didn’t know myself?”

 

“It’s very obvious in the way you look at her darling”

 

“Oh well i...” Eunbi was confused, embarrassed and confused. In her opinion she didn’t look at Yerin any different that she looked at others. Suddenly an idea crossed her mind. “Do you think she knows? Oh my god, if she knows and...WAIT what if she knows but doesn’t feels the same? What if she haven’t realized herself?”

 

“Dear calm down”- said the King between laughs- “I don’t think it’s right for us to tell you how she feels but when she gets back later you can tell her your new discovery and see for yourself”

 

“But What if she rejects me? I don’t think i can live without her, I prefer to be just friends than losing her forever”

 

“I really can’t promise anything Darling but I’m so sure you wont be disappointed. - The Queen said with a wink, then looked at the King -“now you and i have a very important meeting, Shall we go?”

 

“Of course my love”

 

It was simple, all Eunbi had to do was confess her true feelings. Yerin would and could never hurt her so she wasn’t afraid, well, she wasn’t that much afraid. The princess sat very close to the castle entrance to wait for Yerin, it was almost time she arrived and Eunbi couldn’t wait to tell her How much she loved her

 

But the moment never happened. 

 

A few hours after the sun went down Eunbi was being calmed down while the King was talking to the guards. Apparently none of the Knights that went to the village today had come back. They were supposed to do small visits to the street markets and visit a few houses where they were sick people. Thats all. Then, Why hadn’t they come back?

 

At dawn Eunbi was just openly crying in her mother arms after a injured knight came barely running into the castle explaining what had happened. Apparently the Knights were just about to return to the castle when someone said that they were villagers that were lost at the north frontier and they needed help but that’s was far from it. When they approached the frontier an ambush was waiting for them, the enemies of the Royal family attacked without mercy. Since the Knights were not prepared for battle many died, while many others were injured. The injured soldier finished by explaining that he was sent to inform the King of the enemies words “This is a reminder of the enemy’s power, your era it’s almost over”

 

Eunbi, who was still crying, approached the Knight and asked 

“Sir, Did...Is...Is Yerin okay?” If Yerin had died before she could tell her how she really feels...she didn’t know how would she live in a world without Yerin. 

 

“I’m sorry your highness but...I really don’t know. I’m sorry” 

 

After that everyone jumped into action, the King demanded for the injured to be transported to The Castle nursery, the fallen soldiers to be given the recognition they deserved and their families to be rewarded. Then he also sent a few soldiers just to look for Yerin and to bring her back quickly. Eunbi was frozen, she couldn’t move or think of anything except Yerin’s face, Yerin’s smile, Yerin, Yerin and only Yerin. 

 

Yerin’s father, now a former Royal Knight, was hugging his wife while silently praying for Yerin’s well being. The Queen was giving instruction to every maid she saw on how to take care of Yerin when she arrived, because she refused to think Yerin was dead. The maids made sure to clean Yerin’s chambers and to make sure everything was ready for her arrival. 

 

The first carriage was full with injured soldiers, but to Eunbi’s disappointment, no Yerin. During the whole morning more and more carts arrived, and when all hope was lost, the last carriage arrived. 

 

Eunbi ran towards the cart and frenetically searched for Yerin and then her eyes meet other familiar honey ones. 

 

Yerin was covered in sweat and blood, she wasn’t wearing her helmet and her hair was everywhere. But the thing that caught Eunbi’s attention was her smile. Yerin was alive, and smiling at her. Eunbi pulled the Knight into a hug only to stop when Yerin winced and almost screamed in pain. 

 

“Hey, Yerin look at me What is wrong? Where are you hurt?”- Eunbi carefully placed her hands on Yerin’s cheeks, The Knight wasn’t smiling anymore, her eyes were slowly closing and she started coughing violently - “Yerin? Yerin!! Hey don’t close your eyes, hey!”

 

Strong arms pulled Eunbi away from Yerin as many people tried to help the hurt girl. Maids and knights frantically moved, some tried to stop the bleeding in Yerin’s leg and others were working in the wound in the girl’s left side, wounds that Eunbi missed because she was too focused in Yerin’s face, the princess was now silently crying seeing her best friend so hurt. 

 

The Queen was hugging her daughter as the King ordered people around, worry clear in their faces, but also some relief, she was alive, hurt, but alive. 

 

As some Knights carried Yerin inside, the girl couldn’t stop complaining because of the pain. Eunbi couldn’t wait any longer, she needed to tell her so th Princess grabbed Yerin’s hand and said loud and clear “Yerin, hey, listen to me i love you, Do you hear me? I love you! Like my mother loves my father”

 

Suddenly Yerin stopped crying and screaming and just looked at Eunbi

“You...you d-do?”

 

“Of course you idiot”

 

And suddenly Yerin was laughing through the pain, she was smiling while crying “I...Love y-you too princess” she struggled to said but Eunbi heard it. The romantic moment was interrupted as the King said “This is very romantic but Darling we need to cure Yerin first, the you two can be crazy in love”

 

Eunbi was suddenly conscious about the knowing looks everyone was giving her, she turned to the Queen and hugged her mother while blushing. She felt the Queen’s chest move as she laughed.