My one and only (4)

Kingdom Come

SURPRISE!

it`s not perfect but i hope you enjoy - Javi


The day after the attack was one for the books.

The legends of that day spread around the lands as fast as lightning, the allies to the Hwang family united and caught the enemies trying to escape through the next kingdom. The villagers who lost their homes and the injured were staying at the castle while everyone tried hard to bring peace back to the kingdom. There were a lot of people injured but thank to the quick action of the knights, not many people died. Everyone was trying to keep the good energy and trying to be happy again.

But Inside the princess room, there was another story.

Eunbi was sitting down at the edge of her bed, while the Queen, the King and Yerin were standing up infront of her with their arms crossed. No one was smiling or laughing.

"You are telling me you left the castle alone, without any other weapon besides your trainning bow?" said the Queen, and Eunbi knew no one could save her from the wrath of her mother, still, she tried to save her case. "I just went to the fields behind the castle! i didnt need weapons and besides when i saw that the castle was in danger i stayed away! just like you taught me"

"We also taught you to always carry another weapon and be accompanied by a Knight when leaving castle grounds! Or, Did you only listened to some parts of your trainning?" Spoke the King with a raised eyebrow.

"No! i just.. i didnt think i would need it and i.." Eunbi tried to explain but, she knew they were right. She had forgotten her dagger and the special belt for it on her bedside table that morning, and she had asked the knight for some privacy before going farther into the fields.

"You will have to be more caferul, Alright?" Asked Yerin, a little softer than the Monarchs. The King looked at her and elbowed her on the ribs, Yerin understood immediately, she cleared her throath and said "I mean, you have to learn that your actions have consequences" she looked at the Queen who nodded encouraging and continued "You saved a lot of people yesterday but put yourself in unnecessary danger"

"Oh please! i did what was right! Yes i forgot my weapon but i managed! I promise never to do it again. Is that enough?" Eunbi was feeling a little attacked now, she just wanted to spend a nice evening with Yerin at her favorite garden "Yerin? Can we go now?" she continued with her soft voice, effectively catching Yerin`s attention.

"Of course princess let me..." Yerin changed her whole demeanor immediately, never able to say no to Eunbi. She approached the princess but has stopped by the King pulling her shirt collar. "Yerin, we talked about this. You can´t always do what she asks for" said the Queen now looking at her solemnly.

"But she.."

"She... is here too, Mother i promise i would never do something as reckless in the future, i`m planning to spend my life with Yerin and i..." it took Eunbi a few seconds to understand what she had blurted out, and a few more to feel embarrased by it.

A few seconds of silence went by, the king was smiling now and after seing Yerin`s reaction he spoke quickly:

"AH young love! i think we can keep talking about this at dinner, Dont you agree dear?" The king said while releasing Yerin. He didnt wait for the Queen`s answer, he put his hand on her back and, not so subtly, pushed her out of the room. Eunbi heard them talking loudly, mostly the Queen, while leaving.

Yerin stood frozen on her spot, but she had a lovesick smile on her face "That was the single most cutest thing you.."

"Ugh shut up....please" Eunbi was hidding her face behind her hands, embarrased.

"Anything for my princess" Yerin sat beside her, and slowly took Eunbi`s hand "Let me see your pretty face"

As soon as Eunbi looked at her, Yerin kissed her. Slowly. With all the love. "i love your but if you ever leave this castle unarmed i would personally drag you back" Eunbi rolled her eyes but blushed because Yerin was strong enough to actually drag her back.

"Fine, just kiss me you idiot"


Three months and a re-built village later, everyone could be seen running around. People were coming and going from the castle repeatly, carrying various items such as bread, flowers, jewelry, anything and everything.

Everyone was wearing elegant clothes, even the children who didnt understand why.

Among the people running, there was the now 18 years old princess. Wearing her trainning clothes and running away from the castle while a few castle guards ran behind her "Your highness please!" "Princess! the Queen will kill us" "We have to take you back!". Little kids who saw her running laughed and tried to run with her only to be reprimanded by their mothers because of ther formal outfitsgetting dirty. Though, a few villagers clapped and cheered the princess on.

Eunbi was laughing while running. She knew everyone was looking for her at the castle but honestly she needed some time alone.

Alone with Yerin.

She hasn`t seen the Knight all day! on the most important day! 

Yes, she knew there were traditions against them seing each other early but she was already known as the rebel Priness, Why change it now?

Eunbi arrived at the back of the village, and ran straight into the forrest effectively leaving the guards behind.

The princess ran easily through the forrest, just like she had done so many time before while running away when she got in trouble. She was getting close to the meeting point when an arm caught her from the waist.

The mysterious person pulled Eunbi to them, giving her a back hug. Eunbi grabbed the person´s hand that has on her stomach and inmediatly recognize who it was.

"You scared me!"

"Sorry princess, but i wanted to surprise you" Said Yerin giving a quick kiss to Eunbi`s right cheek. "Did they follow you?" She asked while Eunbi turned to face her "Yes, but i lost them at the village, don`t worry, Im all yours" she teased, making Yerin blush. The knight was already wearing her suit for the wedding, she had a ponytail and her fancy shoes that were a little dirty already.

"I do hope so, we are getting married after all"

"And you are mine! Dont forget it Yerin! no more looking around and flirting with other girls" Eunbi said jokingly, but deep down Yerin knew she was dead serious.

"Of course, anything for my wife. How long do we have?"

"Not long! i ran away when Mother went to get my dress so she would be back by now and she is going to be very angry" Eunbi was hugging Yerin`s shoulders and playing with the loose strands of hair on her neck.

"Oh, i would have loved to see the dress, i guess i have to wait then"

"When did you see the note i gave you?" Eunbi asked now leaving soft kisses to Yerin`s neck

"As soon as i opened the door to my room i saw it. Im going to be honest, I missed you too"

"I cant believe my parents would think we would survive 3 days apart before the wedding"

"I know! knowing you and your obssesion with me, How could... Ouch" Eunbi punched the knight`s stomach before taking her face in her hands and kissing her. "Shut up, or I`m going to.."

"EUNBI GET BACK HERE THIS INSTANT" the Queen screamed, getting closer and closer.

"Oh uh"


Flower petals fell from the roof as people screamed al laughed with joy. The princess and the knight, now united in marriage ran hand in hand while laughing. They ran to hug their parents. The Queen was surprisingly not crying, the same could not be said for the King who quickly hugged Yerin first "My daughter now is officialy my daughter! we must celebrate"

Eunbi, who was looking at the scene dumbfounded was hugged by Yerin`s parents, the same people who had seen her grow up, who had taught her how to fight and defend herself, now they were her family more than ever.

All the town was invited so the party started right away, with live music and dancing. The food was amazing, prepared to honor the lovable princess! 

And in the center of the dance floor, Eunbi and Yerin were slow dancing. They were both good dancers and comfortable with each other since they had been dance partners in every dance lesson. Still, Yerin surprised her wife by doing a fancy twist and stealing a kiss. Eunbi laughed out loud, she was the happiest she had ever been. She felt like she needed Yerin to know

"You make me so happy, my love"

"You too, my wife"

"You love the title a little too much"

"Its a reminder to all those ugly princes that you are mine, to love and to care for the rest of our lives"

"And more! you promised to love me for all of eternity! and every life after this!" Eunbi said while hugging Yerin closer and resting her head on her shoulder. They were still moving a little side to side, but were mostly enjoying each other`s embrace.

"And i will, i have always loved you, i love you now and im going to love you for the years to come because you are my one and only" Yerin said while softly grabbing Eunbi`s chin and making her look at her.

"Just kiss me you idiot"


Story says that in the middle of the flower garden next to the remains of the old castle, Two tombstones can be found.

Jung Yerin and Hwang Eunbi.

The legend says they died of old age, they died together. Embracing each other on the very same bench in the middle of the flower garden they loved so much. One of their many grandchildren was the first to found them after the royal family spend an afternoon on the castle gardens. The whole Kingdom mourned their deaths for months, but their successor, the Queen Yewon was doing an amazing job. They had adopted her and her brother, Seungwan, after they lost their parents on a fire, and loved them as if they were their own since day one. 

That was decades ago.

Now, some people say the best rulers of the old kingdom rest on the quiet garden, others say only their bodies do. They belive the souls of the princess and the knight are still on earth, roaming the world, waiting to meet again.