My one and only (1)

Kingdom Come

Jung Yerin woke up on her first life as a new born baby, crying and shaking as experienced hands made sure she was healthy and ready for her new life. She was the daughter of a humble couple who worked 6 days a week at the castle, her parents were known as the most loyal to the royal family SO in return the Royal family, The Hwang family, made sure to provide everything for the new baby, The King and the Queen had personally given her their blessings and promised that the Jung girl would never suffer from any hunger, never be cold and that she will always have a place to sleep. 

 

Yerin was raised running around the castle and playing with the King's horses, eating with her mom and the other maids and then training with her dad and the other knights. Sometimes the Queen herself would teach her how to read and to sew, claiming that "Yerin is the daughter she doesn't have". Other days the King would praise her sword skills and say things like "Yerin is for sure the golden daughter, we are very lucky to have her in our lifes". 

 

But the happiness didn't last long as the now 4 years old Yerin got denied the entrance to the Queen's chambers for the first time in forever as many maids, including her mom, ran inside and out from the room. Panic was evident in all their faces as they would scream to each other all looking for something Yerin couldn't understand. The little girl wanted to spend her afternoon with the Queen on her bed reading one of those fantasy stories and having some tea as she have been doing for the last 5 months since the Queen couldn't get up from her bed because "she is working very hard" as the King had told her one night. 

 

Suddenly a loud scream could be heard from inside the room, and Yerin jumped into action as she avoided everyone and entered the chambers. Inside the Queen was laying down on her bed covered with sweat as she cried while many maids carrying white towels and warm water gathered around the bed. Yerin quickly ran next to the bed as she grabbed the Queen's hand. After a few minutes the Queen calmed a little bit as she asked a maid

 

"Where is the King?"- she said with a tired voice. 

 

"He is already on her way My Queen, he will be here any minute. Please hold on a little bit more your majesty"

 

Yerin squeezed the Queen's hand harder and that seemed to grab the Queen's attention, she looked at the little girl and gave her a weak smile. 

 

"Yerin my love, what are you doing here?" - Yerin didn't notice the small look the Queen shared with her mom. 

 

"I wanna help your majesty, What can I do for you?"

 

"Oh Yerin I appreciate that you are trying to help but..."

 

"Please My Queen, tell me how to help and I will do it without hesitation. Anything for My Queen and King"

 

"I'm really sorry Yerin but I'm going to ask you to leave"- Yerin looked the saddest the Queen had ever seen as the little girl gave her a nod and let go of her hand. Then her mom grabbed her hand and walked her out of the room as the same time that the King ran inside. When the doors closed behind Yerin, more and more screams could be heard but all the girl could think about was how much she had been rejected that day. 

 

After 3 hours of walking around the stables and thinking about what happened to the Queen, suddenly Yerin heard a voice calling for her. 

 

“Yerin, my dear, Where are you?”- The unmistakable voice of the King made Yerin ran as fast as she could to see him.

 

“Im here your majesty, im sorry that I’ve come to see your horses without your consent” Yerin said with a small bow and looking at her feet. 

 

A hand on her shoulder made her look up at the King that was smiling at her. 

 

“How many times do i have to tell you that you are free to do whatever you want in my castle Yerin? That includes my stable and my horses”

 

“I...um...im sorry your majesty”

 

“Hey, stop apologizing now, I’m here because the Queen is looking for you. We have some very important news and as part of this family, you need to know them too”

 

“The Queen is looking for me? Is she alright? Is she hurt? Are you sure she is looking for me, your majesty? Because she said...she...she seemed to be angry at me”

 

“She is not angry at you Yerin, she could never. She wasn’t angry when you broke the window, Was she? Or that time you ate all the cake?” - Yerin moved her head side to side - She just wanted to protect you, that is all and The Queen is fine my dear, she is just tired now”

 

“Oh, I’m glad she is fine. Can we go see her now?”

 

“Of course”

 

Yerin and the King walked to the Queen’s chambers. A few of the maids who were running earlier were still carrying towels and water but they all had a smile on their faces. Yerin was even more confused and she was very nervous too, she started fidgeting with her fingers and looking at the ground. 

 

As soon as they walked in the room a loud scream, but much more high pitch than the Queen’s, made the little girl look up. The Queen was still laying down, but her face wasn’t covered in sweat anymore and she looked very happy as she moved the baby in her arms to soothe her....WAIT, A BABY?

 

“Oh Yerin, dear come here”- the Queen called her. 

 

Yerin was frozen in her spot, Who was this baby? Where did it come from? A sudden light push from the King woke her up from her daydream. 

 

“Yerin?”- the Queen called worriedly. “Are you okay sweetheart?”

 

“Oh yes yes I’m...i am...” the King chuckled behind the girl and joined her wife. 

 

“Then hurry come here”- With slow and heavy step Yerin walked towards the bed but she stopped still too far away for the Queen’s liking- “come closer Yerin”

 

When Yerin finally reached the Queen’s side she could clearly see the baby in her arms. It was a small, pink mess. 

 

“This is Eunbi, Hwang Eunbi. She is the new member of our family Yerin. We hope you get to love her and protect her as much as you love and protect us. She is still a baby but when she grows up i bet you two will be the best of friends”

 

And oh she was right. 

 

Yerin became the big sister to a very little Eunbi, who liked to cry a lot except when the other girl was there to grab her hand and play with her. To the Queen’s disappointment and to Yerin happiness the first ever word Eunbi said was “Yejin” and since it made Yerin smile so much, the little Eunbi would never stop saying it. The two became a team that could make even the King frustrated as they would always leave a mess behind everywhere they go. And they were always together, sometimes Yerin would just sleep but Eunbi would not leave her side and even cried if the Queen tried to take her away, sometimes Eunbi would be sick but Yerin was there to help her, feeding her and reading her stories. 

 

When Eunbi was 4 and Yerin was 8 they had their first ever fight. It it all started because Eunbi refused to let Yerin go after the latter stayed to sleep in her chambers, claiming “Yerin is mine, she shouldn’t have to leave my side” to which Yerin answered 

 

“I’m not yours, besides i’ll come back after a few hours”

 

“Are you going to the stables again? Why do you like those horses so much, uh? You even like them more than me”

 

“Maybe i do. They never whine to me, they never cry...actually I think I like them more”

 

“If you like them so much then... then they will be your best friends because I don’t want to be friends anymore”- she said with tears in her eyes while hugging a doll that Yerin has given her. 

 

“Hey Eunbi that’s not what...”

 

“Please Yerin, Leave”

 

And Yerin left, with heavy steps and looking at the ground. She didn’t ever heard the Queen calling her until she collided with her. The Queen was looking at her with a worried expression and with her hands on her hips. Behind her were 4 guards all looking at her with a worriedly expression too, after all, Yerin was loved by everybody on the castle. 

 

When Yerin realized she had collided with no other than with the Queen herself, she started bowing and apologizing back to back. 

 

“Yerin,dear it’s okay, please stop”

 

“Oh your majesty, but I’m terribly sorry” 

 

“Yerin these things happen all the time don’t worry” the Queen has failed to mention that the last person who had collided with her has almost been sent to prison by the King, but of course Yerin would never go through that “now would you please tell me what happened to you? You look sad and Where is that little demon that i call my daughter?”

 

At the mention of Eunbi, Yerin looked down again. 

 

“Ooh so it is about her, Why dont we go have a walk in my garden and you tell me what happened?”

 

Yerin nodded, mostly because she loved the Queen’s garden, and even though she had been told by the Queen herself that she is free to go whenever, Yerin would never go without the Queen.

 

“I knew you would say yes to that” The Queen said while grabbing Yerin’s hand. 

 

The reason Yerin loved the Queen’s garden so much was because of all the flowers, they were so many and they were all different colors. It made Yerin feel like she was in those fairytales that she had read to Eunbi. 

 

The Queen sat down on a bench in the middle of the roses and pull Yerin to sit beside her, then she made a signal to the guards to give them some space. After they were far enough, the Queen said. 

 

“So What did she do?”

 

“Oh no your majesty, she didn’t do anything...i... well we....” Yerin was afraid that if she told on Eunbi then she will have problems. 

 

“Oh Yerin we both know how she is, so tell me What did she do?”

 

After a small pause and a sigh Yerin opened up. “She didn’t want me to leave, she said i was hers and I shouldn’t have to leave, that made me so upset! and then she asked me if I liked the horses more than her, which is stupid! so i said i did and she started crying and told me the horses were now my best friends and she also told me to leave! She never tells me to leave, so i did what she told me to and left even if i didn’t want to” she finished with a small voice.

 

The Queen who had been rubbing circles in Yerin’s back all the time, and trying to hide at smile, side-hugged Yerin and said. 

 

“Do you know why Eunbi called you hers?” after a shy no from Yerin, the Queen continued “because she is selfish, and all that she likes and loves she wants only for herself, including you”

 

“She loves me?”

 

“Of course she does, Ask anybody in the castle and they will tell you, now, Do you really like horses more than Eunbi?”

 

Yerin suddenly stood up and faced the Queen and she quickly explains herself “No no of course not, i just said it because i was upset, i...i love her”

 

“Do you think she knows that?”

 

“Mmm maybe not”

 

“Then she was hurt, that’s why she asked you to leave, i bet she didn’t want you to, actually, the whole problem started because she didn’t want you to leave in the first place”

 

“You are right, your majesty, but...what can i do so she forgives me?”

 

“Tell her how you really feel about her”

 

“But she wont listen to me”

 

“She will if you give her this”- The Queen said while taking a flower from the plant that was nearest to her and giving it to Yerin “She loves these flowers as much as you do”

 

After the apologizing and the flower giving, everything went back to normal and after that day whenever they had arguments, Eunbi was a little moody, but she was never that angry at Yerin again. 

 

When they grew up, true feelings were a little bit more embarrassing to say out loud so after and argument Yerin would go sword fighting to try to relax and this way avoid saying something to Eunbi she would regret later. Eunbi, on the other side, would shoot hundreds of arrows with her bow first and then talk to Yerin again. Usually the arguments would just finish with a “im sorry, I love you”

 

Since Eunbi was a princess, she had been taught many things since she was a baby but she had refused to do them if Yerin wasn’t with her, so to nobody’s surprise, both Yerin and Eunbi were raised as Princesses. But with one mayor difference, even if both girls were trained in sword fighting, Yerin was allowed to be a knight one day, but Eunbi will have to be the Queen.

 

Now with 18 years old Yerin had decided she wanted to be like her fathed and become a Royal Knight. Yerin had tried to talk about this with Eunbi, but every time Eunbi will just say “no, you cant leave me” 

 

One day tha royal family was eating dinner when Eunbi said “Yerin wants to be a Royal Knight”- it made the Queen and The King stop eating. 

 

“That is wonderful, i have never seen someone as skilled as she is for sword fighting, not even her own father! Im sure she will pass the test and become a Knight really soon”

 

“She is already 18 my love, she can take the test and join The Knight now”- the Queen said to her husband while Eunbi felt like someone had kicked her in the stomach. 

 

“But I don’t want her to”- she said to her parents. 

 

“I’m sorry Eunbi, but you know you can’t stop her from becoming a Knight” Eunbi realized this, she had been thinking about it since Yerin first mention it. 

 

“But you can Dad, you have to prohibit her from doing so” -she worriedly said to the King. 

 

“Sweetheart, you know very well that I can’t do it, Yerin is like a daughter for me and if that makes her happy than she we’ll be a Knight”

 

“But dad she could get hurt! What if our enemies capture her? Or worse, What if she dies in a battle? What about me then?”

 

“Darling, as you know Yerin is very talented and she is very smart, i dont want her to get hurt either, but i trust she won’t. You have to trust her and you have to support her. You know she needs your support”- The Queen tried to make her daughter understand. 

 

“But...but i love her and i dont want her to leave me”

 

“I’m sure she won’t leave you dear, she loves you as much as you love her. She is doing this to protect you after all”

 

Two years later of Yerin joining the Royal Knights, she was already the best. She trained hard to make her family proud, and to protect Eunbi of course. It wasn’t a secret to anyone that the enemies of the Royal family were growing in number every year and the War was imminent. Eunbi, already 16 years old, became even more needy with her best friend, since Yerin was almost always training. The princess, on the other hand, was getting ready to become the Queen of their land, she was meeting new people and new rules that she needed to remember in order to be a good Queen. 

 

At the age of 17 Eunbi was a hundred percent sure she was in love with Yerin. She just knew it. Eunbi realized it after talking to a few maids about what love feels like. It had been one of those afternoons when Yerin had to leave to meet people at the village and the young princess was forced to stay behind in her chambers. 

 

“I think I’m in love”- she said still a little unsure of her new discovery. The maids look mischievously at each until one asked. 

 

“You are, your highness?”

 

“Who are you in love with?”-of course they all knew, it wasn’t a secret how Eunbi and Yerin looked at each other, or how they would act around each other. How Eunbi would sigh every time Yerin told her she needed to leave, or how Yerin seemed mad when the princess told her about the Prince she had met at the last official ball. It was just obvious, even for the Queen and King. 

 

“I...i think I’m in love with Yerin”

 

“Oh, I certainly didn’t see that one coming”- said the Queen from the door.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi! first chapter is up, the first few chapters will be set back in the 18th century. I was planning on uploading on Sunday but because what happened with Junghyun i just couldnt, im still heartbroken but i know he is resting now. If any of you need someone to talk to, dont be afraid to talk to me, i will do my best.

 Thank you for waiting and i hope you enjoy - Javi