Sandwich Boy - Qiu Qiu x Gu Zhan

KO Drabbles

KO One Return Timeline

 

 

Qiu Qiu walked home that afternoon. Her eyes are red from crying. That day, she decided to let go of Wan Jun, because she knows in his heart, it will only be Lei Ting. Although it hurts, she have to do it to at least save their friendship. 

 

She just walked and walked without any direction. Before she knew it, she's in the KO street. She could hear the vendors calling out potential customers. At one corner of her eye, she saw a young man making and selling sandwich. 

 

She doesn't know why, but she was drawn to him. His warm smile makes him popular with the customers, especially to the girls. "Thank you. Please come again." she heard him say as he bowed to the customers. Before Qiu Qiu knew it, she's in front of his small stall. 

 

He turned to her, and smiled. "Hello! Would you like some sandwich?" he asked. Qiu Qiu lowered her head. "I'm sorry, I didn't know why I was here at the first place..." she said in a low voice. 

 

The young man noticed the sadness in her eyes. "Are you all right?" he asked. Qiu Qiu didn't answer him. Instead, she turned around and started to walk away. The young man then followed her. "Wait!" he said as he held her by her arm. Qiu Qiu looked up at him, confused as to why he stopped her. "You can't go in that state. What if something happens to you on your way? Stay here until you feel OK." he said. 

 

The young man lead Qiu Qiu back to his stall. He took out a chair, and let her sit on it. He watched as he started to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. After he's done, he handed it to her. "Here, have something to eat first." he said as he handed her a sandwich. "But... I don't have money with me..." Qiu Qiu said. The young man smiled at her. "Don't worry, it's on me." he said with a smile. 

 

Qiu Qiu took the sandwich from his hand. He looked at her with anticipation as she took her first bite. The sandwich tasted delicious. She can't believe that the simple sandwich could taste like home, and that she's loved. She looked up at the young man, and smiled at him. "This is delicious! I love it!" she said as she took another bite. "See, you look cuter when you're smiling." he said. 

 

"Thank you. I promise I'll go back to this stall to eat." she said. He let out a sad smile. "Then, I hope I can see you before I die..." he said. Qiu Qiu gave him a curious look. "You see, I just found out I have WTD. The doctors said it has no cure..." he said sadly. With that, Qiu Qiu became sad again. 

 

"Hey, are you sad because I'm dying? Don't be! I'm ready to die anyway." he said. "WTD?" Qiu Qiu asked. The young man nodded his head. "Way To Die. I think I got it when I was young. There was this old man who always give me candies." he said. "Then, I'll come back here everyday to see you." she said. The young man smiled at him. "Then we can be friends?" he asked. Qiu Qiu nodded her head. "By the way, I'm Qiu Qiu from Zhong Ji Yi Ban. What's your name?" she asked. He smiled as she took her hand. "I'm Gu Zhan."

 

--

 

KO One Re-Act Timeline

 

 

Qiu Qiu unknowingly ate Na Ge She's sandwich. Somehow, the taste seems familiar. She just didn't know where she tasted it before. "Na Ge Shei, where did you buy this sandwich? Is it from the store we frequent?" she asked. Na Ge Shei shook his head. "There's this breakfast store I passed by on my way here. Why?" he asked. "The taste is familiar..." Qiu Qiu said. 

 

Just then, Han came inside the classroom. "Everyone, get back to your seats." he said. Behind Han were three new students. Qiu Qiu's eyes fixed on the taller boy. "We have new students in our class today." Han said. Then, she turned to the three. "Go ahead and introduce yourselves. 

 

She looked at the taller guy as he speaks. "I'm Gu Zhan." he said. She doesn't know why, but that name sounds familiar.