In Between Hello And Goodbye - DongTing

KO Drabbles
“Wang Da Dong, I like you…”
Those words keep ringing into my ears. I stood there, trying to grasp at what’s happening. Lei Ting and I decided to meet up after school, as soon as I settled the issue with Princess Peach. I asked her to come here by the school yard to tell her something – and that is to clear there’s nothing going on between me and Princess Peach.
I never knew how to handle girls. The last time I liked someone, it almost ruined friendships. Lei Ke Si turned to the dark side, and Xiao Yu keeps giving me deathly glares. And now, here she is, this girl from 10 years in the future, telling me that she likes me.
How do I start telling her?
In between our endless bantering, I learned to accept this “King”, which is supposed to be a “Queen”. That despite her tough exterior, I see a gentle girl in her. That she cares for me like no one did, although she shows it in a violent way.
In between those things, I learned to like her.
I opened my mouth to speak. I wasn’t hard to say those four words to reply to her. But there was a voice in my heart telling me not to do it. The face of my friends flashed through me. The mere reason why I am here came back to me. I know it won’t be long, and once I find where Xiao Yu and Narcissist is, I will leave Zhong Ji Yi Ban.
She was on the verge of crying. She turned her back on me, and I had to follow her.
“Wait…”
She stopped and faced me.
“What? If you don’t like me, then just tell me!” she shouted at me.  I let out a smile. I knelt down, and tied the show on her feet. “W-what the hell are you doing?!” she shouted at me. I looked up at her and smiled. “Tying your shoe.” I answered.
 I could tell she's upset. I could tell she's frustrated, because I can't give her an answer.
"Tying my show and rejecting me? Wang Da Dong, you- "
I looked at her, and smiled. "I never said I'm rejecting you, didn't I?" I told her. I could see the puzzled look on her face. "Honestly, this is something I need to think about. To answer your confession is very important to me. Can you wait until tomorrow for my answer?" I asked her. I could see her pout a little. "You don't want to reject me?" she asked. "Not now." I told her. I let out a smile at her. "Maybe tomorrow."
I'm expecting to get hit again, but this time, she smiled. "All right, then I'll give you a night to think about it. But I tell you, I'll punch you if you dare to reject me." she said. "Then let's meet here tomorrow morning. I'll tell you then my answer to your confession." I told her. 
Then she smiled. It was that smiled that made me like her even more. Tomorrow, I can't wait to tell her my answer. 
--
"What happened to you? You just suddenly disappeared, and now you're spacing out, my little friend!" I heard Dua Chang Ren say. 
I don't know why I kept staring at that spot. It felt like I had something that I should have done, but I was not able to do. It felt like my heart hurts by breaking a promise. "I... I don't know..." I answered in confusion. "Did you know how worried Xiao Yu and Ya Se are? Even Meng Zhu had to send out people to find you in the last 3 months! Good thing you're now here. But are you sure you don't remember anything or anyone?" he asked again. I shook my head. What even happened in the last 3 months? I can't remember. And why am I staring at this empty spot?'
"Not even a sentence you said, or anything you heard?" Duan Chang Ren asked again. Suddenly, it felt like I'm hearing something - a music. It was a lonely song being played from a piano. "All I know is that, if I had the chance to see you again, I'll let you know that my answer is that I feel the same way you feel  towards me." I said. I looked up at Duan Chang Ren, giving me a confused look. "Aiyo, you must be hungry. Come on, I'll prepare your favorite large intestine noodles, all right?" he said. I simply smiled at him, and nodded my head. 
I looked back at that empty spot. I can still hear the piano playing in my head. Maybe, one day I'll remember what happened in the past few months that I was gone. And then I'll know the meaning behind the words I just said. 
--
"Ya Se and Wu Xiong have a date today. Looks like it's just the two of us again going to Duan Chang Ren's stall." Xiao Yu said as we walked out of the school gate. I looked back and saw how loving Ya Se and Wu Xiong looked together. I don't know why, but suddenly, I felt like wanting to be in love. 
Then, I heard that song again in my head. I looked at Xiao Yu and stopped walking. "Hey, Xiao Yu. Do you know this song?" I asked. Then, I hummed to him the song in my head. He shook his head. "No. I've never heard of that song. Is it a new one?" he asked. I shook my head. "Since I've been gone, I've been hearing that song in my head. Maybe it's a song in another dimension I've been?" I told him. "Aye, speaking of that. Are you really not sure which dimension you ended up after the time quake?" he asked. I shook my head again. "I sure wish I know where I've been, Xiao Yu." I told him. 
As we were walking, I noticed a little girl crossing the street. Then, I saw a car moving towards her. "Watch out!" I shouted as I ran towards the little girl. I immediately pushed her back to the sidewalk to make sure she won't be hit. 
"Are you all right, mei mei?" I asked as soon as the car left. The little girl smiled and nodded her head. "Thank you for saving me, ge ge." she said. I don't know why, but there's something about her smile that's quite familiar. I let her go, and watch her as she leave. Just then, a little boy came up to her. "Lei Ting, are you all right?"
That name, I thought. "Lei Ting..." I whispered. That name felt so familiar. The little girl is so familiar. I'm not sure what's even happening to me. "Da Dong, are you all right?" I hear Xiao Yu ask. I nodded my head. "Let's go." I told him. As I look back at the little girl, a sudden memory flashed back to me. 
"I like you, Lei Ting. I've always wanted to tell you that..." I thought as I look at the girl sitting beside me. "You may be the King of Zhong Ji Yi Ban, but for me, you'll always be my queen..."