Darkest Night

Flower Boyz Cafe

 

 

 

Characters: Jacob, Kim Heerin (o/c) and special appearance by Kevin.
Brief descriptions: When Jacob decided to spend a night at Heerin's place and something unexpected happened.

 


 

“Bae Jacob, are you going to come to my house later?” She asked while organizing her book in her bag.

“Um, should I?” Jacob raised his both eyebrows and put both of his eyes on the girl. You look so pretty, Kim Heerin. Those words only played in his mind with no intention of saying it out loud.

“Yes, you should.” She ruffled the boy’s hair. “And don’t look at me like that. I might fall for you.”

“Well, isn’t it common for you to fall for me? I thought you did it every single day.” He giggled upon hearing to the girl’s respond. You could fall for me all you want, Heerin. My heart is already completely occupied by you. He smiled at his own thought.

“Stop with the nonsense, okay?” She rolled her eyes. “I’m going home. Call me before you come to my house.” She took her bag to her back and walked out from the class.

“Kim Heerin, when will you ever be mine?” Jacob mumbled.

 

🌸🌸🌸

 

Jacob slammed his body onto his bed. “What a tiring day.” He sighed.

After Heerin went home, he needed to clean the art room. Okay, he has got nothing to do with the art club. But because of the promise he made with Kevin, his best friend to clean up the room for him, so he got to do it. He didn’t even know why the hell he did that. Huh, Kevin. Thinking about him could make Jacob grinned alone.

He never thought a quiet boy like Kevin could be his best friend. Maybe they’re kind of same in character since Jacob isn’t that loud in school. And he was pretty a reserve people. He didn’t talk much with people around him except his group members. So it’s kind of amusing that he managed to get a friend other than his hockey teammates.

Plus, he hates art the most among all of the subjects in the school. Ugh, thinking about art could make him puke.

But… without Kevin, he wouldn’t know Kim Heerin. He was probably will not realize the existence of Heerin in the school till the last semester. To be honest, it wasn’t that weird for him to get close to her, since she is probably the loudest girl in the school. Almost all of the students, teachers here know her and maybe gardener?

She isn’t that pretty but she has the attractiveness in her. One of the reasons why people want to befriend with her but yet, she chose Jacob as her companion. Isn’t that weird? Well, she closed to Kevin, but Kevin spent most of his times at house so they could barely hang out together.

“Kim Heerin.” He shook his head for few times and smiled. “I should take a nap before going to her house.” He slowly closed his eyes and brought himself to his dream without being asked.

 

🌸🌸🌸

 

“Where is he?” Heerin pouted as she took a look at the analog watch on the wall.

“Heerin-ah.” She heard someone calling for her.

“Yes, mum.” She replied.

“Come here.” Her mother said.

“Ugh, what the hell they want.” She rolled her eyes before made her way to the front door.

Her relationship with her mum wasn’t that good as her mum always picked on her. But it’s not that extend she will disobey her mother’s words.

“I’m going to the event. Are you sure you don’t want to tag along?” Her mum asked for confirmation.

“Um sorry mum, but no.”  There’s a slight dark expression on her mother’s face as she really wished that Heerin would go to the event with her this time. She never really could introduce Heerin properly to her friends after Heerin’s father passed away a year ago.

“You could just go with Heemi. I’m sure you’ll be fine with her.” She passed a smile to her younger sister by a year.

“But I’ve always imagining to go to those kind of events with you.” She paused. “Nevermind. There will be always next time, right?”

“Yeah.” She simply nodded. “You better go, mum. It’s getting late. Heemi, take a good care of mum.”

“For sure, I will.” Her sister said.

Suddenly, someone knock the gate. Wait, knock the gate? What a stupid thing to do. They turned around and could see a guy with black sweater and dark blue jeans standing at the gate. Heerin automatically smiled as soon as she recognized the boy.

“Ah, this is why you don’t want to tag along.” Heemi giggled as she sister.

“Shut up, Heemi.” She slowly hit her sister.

“Hey, aunty. How are you?” Jacob walked towards them and passed a smile to Heerin’s mum.

“I’m fine, thank you. How many times should I tell you, you should call me mum by now. Plus, anytime soon you’re going to be my son-in-law.” Heerin choked upon the joke of her mum said.

“Mum, why would you say something useless?” She stopped and looked at the boy’s expression.

“I know right, aunty. Ops, sorry, mum.” Surprisingly, Jacob could play well with them.

“Mum…”

“Okay, I will go.” She cheekily laughed. “Take good care of her, okay?” She said before entered the car and start the engine.

 

🌸🌸🌸

 

“Was it fun teasing me?” Heerin took a sit on the sofa at the living room.

“Probably the most interesting to do.” He winked. Heerin just rolled her eyes. “You should look at your expression just now.”

“Yeah, I know.” She simply said.

“Can’t you just reconcile with your mother? She looks like she really loves you.” Jacob tried to slow talk with the girl even if he knows she’s stubborn.

“Jacob, don’t you ever start.” She pouted before rolled her eyes.

“But, it was just that…” He paused, “Ugh, nevermind. There’s no point talking to a girl like you.”

“Then shut your mouth.” Heerin put her tongue out.

“Okay.” He stood up. “Bye.” He walked towards the door and opened it.

“Yah, Bae Jacob. Where do you think you’re going?” She startled when she saw Jacob walked towards the door.

“Go back home.” He raised both of his eyebrows.

“You came here like 5 minutes ago and you want to leave? Huh, what a joke.” She hissed.

“Well, I can’t even talk to you so why should I stay?” He swore to God, he didn’t know why he acts so childish today.

“Can’t you just stay here today?” She walked towards Jacob and grabbed his sweater while begging him to stay.

Jacob stunned. He couldn’t move his body even for an inch. It’s too suffocating for Heerin and him to be in the same house alone. Just two of them. No one between them. He stood there for like 30 seconds before he realized the real situation.

“Ugh, okay.” He avoided the stare given by Heerin. Heerin, don’t do this to me.

“Great.” A smile formed on her face which makes Jacob’s heart thumped even more. Dang, I don’t like this kind of feeling.

He slowly put his hand on the girl’s hair and ruffled it, “Stop being cutie.” He giggled.

As soon as he said that, the sound of thunder was heard which makes Heerin automatically jumped onto Jacob and hugged him tight.

Jacob startled but then he still hugged her back and tried to calm her down. “Shh, it’s just the sound.”

“Promise that you will stay here.” She started to cry.

“I promise.” He said. “Are you crying?” He broke the hug and took a look at the girl’s face.

Jacob slowly wiped the tears coming out from the girl’s eyes and pasted a smile on his face so that the girl could calm down a little bit. Then, he put the girl’s back into his arms and slowly patted her head.

“I’m going to stay here till the rain stops so don’t worry.” He promised.

“Thank you.” Finally, the girl could smile.

 

🌸🌸🌸

 

“Are you sure this is right?” He asked as soon as he put the egg into the dish he made.

“Yes, 100% sure. Its my mother’s recipe. No need to worry.” She smiled. “She texted me saying that she might stay there for a night since there’s flash flood so she asked me to cook something for you.”

“Who is cooking for whom right now?” Jacob giggled.

Heerin rolled his eyes. “Hey, you’re the one who offered yourself to help me with the cooking.” She walked towards the boy and said, “If you don’t want to help then move.” She pushed the boy slowly and took over the place.

“Are you sure you will not need any help from me?” Jacob leaned himself to the wall beside the girl.

“Yes.” She confidently said.

“Okay then.” He walked away from the girl. “I’ll wait in living room.”

The girl pouted. She thought that Jacob going to stay with her when she said that but she’s wrong. Well. What could she expected from the boy? He couldn’t even understand girls. She let out a sigh.

She turned her head around and could see Jacobjust an inch away from her.

“Why? You thought I’m gone?” He said upon the girl’s shocked expression.

“Uh. No.” She startled and focused on her cooking back. Fuh, that’s so close.

Suddenly she felt someone hugged her from the back. Her brain automatically stopped her hand from stirring the dish.

“Jacob, what are you doing?” Obviously she was shocked with his sudden action.

“Just, let stay like this for awhile. It’s raining outside. I’m cold.” Jacob cheekily put his head on the girl’s right shoulders.

Heerin then turned off the gas and held the boy’s hand that was around her waist.

“Your hand is freezing.” She said as soon as she touched his hand.

“That’s why. Just stay like this. Only for a while.” He slowly closed his eyes and enjoyed the moment.

They stayed in that position for about few minutes before Heerin tried to turn her head towards where the boy leaned his head to. As soon as Heerin turned, Jacob planted a kiss on her cheeks. Sadly, he couldn’t catch her lips.

He smiled. She touched her cheeks and her eyes widen.

“Why?” Jacob concernedly asked. “Did I do something wrong?”

“No, it’s just… why?” She asked and broke the hug.

“Wait. You asked because you don’t know or you pretend like you don’t know?” Heerin frowned when she heard his words then shook her head.

Jacob laughed and that’s make Heerin frowned even more. “Why are you laughing?” She bluntly asked.

“Kim Heerin,” He paused. “I like you stupid.”

She didn’t know why but she smiled upon the words. She moved closer towards the boy and asked the boy to bend his body down since she couldn’t reach a guy who is tall with his height 175 cm when she was just 150 cm long.

Jacob did just like what she asked and when the girl could reach the boy, she planted a kiss on his lips before saying, “I like you too, Bae Jacob.”

 

[1480 words]