Look At Me

Flower Boyz Cafe

 

 

 

Characters: Lee Sangyeon, Han Yeseul (o/c) and special appearance by Kevin
Brief Descriptions: Sangyeon never treat Yeseul as more than his little sister which make Sangyeon looks at Yeseul's confession as nothing but a joke.

 




"I like you,"

"Ah, this cutie," Sangyeon ruffled the girl's hair instead of answering to it.

"Oppa," The girl whined, "I'm serious," She pouted and stomped her legs on the ground for few times.

Sangyeon chuckled to see her reaction. He found she's cute no matter what she did.
 

🌸🌸🌸
 

Lee Sangyeon, a cool guy that could kill thousand of girls with his smile. He's friendly, athletic, reliable, there's nothing he couldn't do; basically. Well, it's a lie if the girls in the school never has a crush on him. Every girl must have a crush on him, even for a second.

Let's go to Han Yeseul, we could call her the cutest girl in the school. She could go all girly and cute in class but went serious as soon as she was on the stage. Oh, Yeseul is actually an actress in her school but mostly for mini drama.

It's all happened because of that one tragedy. The tragedy where Sangyeon attached himself too much to a girl named Han Yeseul and the girl started to keep feelings for the boy.
 

🌸🌸🌸
 

"Yah, Moon Hyungseo," Someone shouted the boy's name from afar.

Hyungseo who was walking startled when he heard someone called for his name. He turned his body around and could see a girl with both of her fist clenched and grinted teeth. He gulped.

When the girl slowly approaching him, he took a step back as if he wanted to run away from the girl, but he knows he's too late for that when the girl grabbed him by his hair, "Do you even know how much that dress is important to me? How can you," She said with her big eyes.

"I told you my name is not Hyungseo, it's Kevin," He held both of the girl's hand so that he won't feel too hurt when the girl pulled his hair, "Yah, let me go," He hit her hands lightly.

Yeseul rolled her eyes. She let go the grip she had on his hair and crossed her arms, "So anything you want to say?" She asked while raising her left eyebrows.

Kevin lost his words. He totally had nothing to say on what he did today. Well, it wasn't his fault when suddenly the outfit the girl supposed to wear for her scene today. Okay, it's actually his fault that he forget to watch over the dress but sigh.

When Yeseul was about to say her next words, someone came and grabbed her wrist, later dragged her away from the scene. The noises could be heard from all over the school as they're talking to each other about the scene and also the one who dragged Yeseul away.

Yes, it's Lee Sangyeon.

When he's sure that he's far from the public, he let her hand go, "Ah, sorry," He said.

Yeseul lifted her head up and glared the boy infront of her, "Who are you?" She asked in a cold tone.

"Me?" Sangyeon pointed his fingers to himself and smiled, "Sangyeon, Lee Sangyeon," He introduced himself to the girl infront of you.

"But who exactly are you? Do I know you?"

Sangyeon shook his head,

"Then?"

He shrugged,

"Wow, you dragged me here without any reason?"

He shook his head, again,

"Can you talk?"

He nodded.

"You're really annoying, you know that right?"

"I don't know about that," Finally he answered the girl's question properly.

Yeseul sighed, "I need to go to class," She said and excused herself from the boy. But suddenly he grabbed her wrist again. She turned and raised both of her eyebrows. And... What's with this odd feelings? "What?"

"What is your name?" He asked.

The girl frowned her eyebrows before answering to his question, "Han Yeseul." She answered it and leave the boy behind.

"Han Yeseul," He muttered under his breath.
 

🌸🌸🌸
 

"Do you know Lee Sangyeon?" Yeseul asked Kevin who was also her deskmate in class.

Kevin put his pen down and turned his head to Yeseul, "You don't know Sangyeon?" He asked, "He's my cousin." 

"Your cousin?" She frowned, "Ah, so that makes sense that he dragged me away from you," She slolwy nodded her head for few times.

"Ah, that one?" Kevin remember the tragedy happened between the two of them just now and now they acted like nothing happened.

Yeseul shrugged and focus on the class when the teacher entered their class.
 

🌸🌸🌸
 

Ever since that day, they bumped into each other for few times and Sangyeon never failed to greet the girl everytime he saw her. Yeseul had no idea why he did that but it just make herself fall for the boy even more. 

The way he talked to her, the way he treated her, it's all as if he showed that the girl is special to him.

But why?

Just why, everytime Yeseul confessed, he would push her away and treat her just like another cute girl as if he's making a collection of cute sister?

Yeseul almost giving up on everything. She likes him, no maybe it's love. But if he kept pushing her away, what can she do about it?

Begging? 

Hell no.
 

🌸🌸🌸
 

"Sangyeon-ah,"

"Yah, Han Yeseul, I told you to not drop the formality right?" He flicked the girl's forehead.

Yeseul rubbed her forehead and pouted, "It's not my fault when you keep ignoring me," She whined.

Sangyeon frowned to his words, "I never ignore you though?" He claimed.

She sighed. It's true though. Sangyeon never ignore her, not even once. But, he ignored her confession! That's what more important.

Right at that moment, Look At Me by Girl's Day playing from her phone, "Oppa," She called out for the boy who was focusing on his game at the moment. Sangyeon raised his eyebrows while his eyes still on the phone, "Listen to this song," She said and leave her phone behind to go and grab some drinks outside.

[Song] [Lyrics (trans)]
 

🌸🌸🌸
 

"I bet he heard the song right?" Yeseul mumbled as she took a drink from the refrigerator at the mart. She went to the counter to pay for the drink but then someone tapped her shoulder. She turned around to see Sangyeon right behind of her, "Oppa?" She frowned. Why is he here? She thought.

But then she formed a smile. He probably heard the song already, right? And that's why he's here. Finally, he knows about my heart.

"You left your phone behind." He took out the phone he had in his sweater pocket and passed it Yeseul, "I need to go now, bye," He said and leave the girl behind but Yeseul quickly grabbed his wrist.

Sangyeon stopped walking and looked at the girl, "Did you hear the song?" She asked timidly. She didn't really want to put her hopes high up at the moment. The boy frowned to her question and that's when she got her answer, "Ah, nevermind," She formed a bitter smile.
 

🌸🌸🌸
 

"Kevin, where's Yeseul?" Sangyeon asked his cousin when he comes to visit the theater hall. Yeseul supposed to be practicing at the moment but she's nowhere to be found.

Kevin who was setting up some props on the stage, swifted his eyes towards Sangyeon whom had his eyes wandered around the hall, "Yeseul? I don't know. She's here just now," He answered and continued with his work. He really needs to get it done by today or else... Yeseul would kill him, again.

It has been a week since the girl ignoring the boy. She asked her, why he kept ignoring the girl when he didn't but at the end it's her who ends up ignoring the boy, huh? What an iconic moment.

"Tell her that I'm here to see her if she comes later," Sangyeon said then took a sit on one of the seat in the hall.

Kevin shrugged, "Okay, then," He said.

Sangyeon sits there for quite long. It's already 30 minutes but Yeseul is still nowhere to be seen. He was about to give up and leave the hall when suddenly blackout happened. He startled by the dark and took a sit at a random seat he could reach there.

Then, his eyes fell on the stage where there's a girl standing with a purple dress on and was holding a microphone. He tried to focus on the girl and frowned when he realized who it is, "Han Yeseul?"

A song played; more like an instrumental to accompany the girl existence on the stage. She took a deep breath and started to sing the first line,

"I’ve fallen deeply into you,

I held my feelings in so much but why don’t you know?

Are you pretending not to know because I’m young?

I’ve been waiting for this moment for so long,

But you only treat me as a younger sister,

I hate that,

All day, I get dolled up,

I want to show you like the others,

I know everything there is to know, I’m a woman,

Don’t you know,"

Sangyeon didn't know why but he smiled as soon as he heard to her beautiful voice while Yeseul had her eyes locked on Sangyeon as if she sang the song just for him. 

A song for a guy named Lee Sangyeon.

"Look at me now, look in my eyes,

You can see clearly in front of you,

The soft-hearted girl of the past,

The childish girl,

I’m not her anymore,

Look at me now, look what you see,

I’m a beautiful lady,

Please oppa, oppa, love me,

Right now, all day, all night, tell me I’m yours,"

She stopped. She bit her lowered lips as she looked at Sangyeon. The music kept playing but there's no voice could be heard. She stared into Sangyeon's eyes for a long time and smiled,

"When I fall in love, I become a fool,

But if I hide this heart, I’ll hurt even more,

So I’ll tell you,"

There's a silence moment between the two of them as if Sangyeon was waiting for Yeseul to say the next words,

"I like you," Yeseul confessed for the nth times.

He smiled upon the confession. She really did all kind of things for him. And that's probably one of reasons why, the boy actually fell for the girl. He wasn't originally has any feeling towards the girl but he couldn't help it, but to fall for the girl.

He fall for the girl's consistency of doing things for him. For the sake of him.

Sangyeon started to walk heading towards the stage. He skipped the stairs and just climb up the stage using his long legs. He went towards Yeseul and grabbed both of her hand before smiled, "Thank you," He thanked her.

Yeseul had an obvious blush pasted on her cheeks, "What?" 

Sangyeon put a kiss on the girl's forehead and pulled her into his embrace, "For liking me," He whispered it into her ears and slowly caressed the girl's hair.

 

[1832 words]