Misery

Sequel: The Broken Wings

 

 

 

 

"Is it really over between us?" Joochan asked the girl infront of him.

Haeun looked at Joochan and smiled before she shrugged, "I don't know," She said.

"Do you still love me?" He asked.

She sighed, "It would look like a total lie if I said I don't love you anymore right?" She asked, "But do you think you could accept someone like me, Hong Joochan?"

"Why can't I?" He frowned.

"I'm a girl who has depression, Joochan-yah. Are you sure that you can really accept me?" She asked with a smile pasted on her face, "Maybe you will say that you can, but will you say that after seeing this?" Haeun showed her wrist that's full of scars, included the latest one.

Joochan stared at her wrist for a long time before grabbed it and put it into his, "Why did you do this to yourself?" He asked.

"Why?" She raised both of her eyebrows. "A way for me to end all of the pain I felt?" She said.

"But still," Haeun cut his words.

"Never tell me what am I supposed to do because I did all of that," She tried to hold back her tears, "I just," She paused, "I love you."

"Noona," Joochan held onto Haeun's hands as if he will never let it go.

"But," She stared into his dark brown eyes, "I wasn't sure if you feel the same way just because your memory is back," She said, "I'm afraid Joochan. I'm afraid that your memory will lost again and I'll be just another stranger in your life, again."

"I truly love you, Baek Haeun," Joochan confessed, " I love you back then and now and I promise it will be forever."

"I am someone who have a lot in my mind. Little things could be a big matter to me. Everything around me could be a problem, including you."

"That doesn't matter to me, all I need is you beside me. I promise I will make you happy and will not let those demons inside you, kill you. Not again. I will be here for you through thick and thin because it's you that I love. I love you for who you are and I won't ask more than that."

"Are you sure you can handle me?"

"Haeun, Baek Haeun. I've been waiting for you for 3 years long. I know everything about you, almost everything. I know it's hard for you now or maybe later but do know I will always be here for you. Donghyun will always be here for you. Jibeom will always be here for you. Jaehyun too will always be here for you. You have 4 boys that could protect you from danger."

"I don't know."

"I couldn't see my future without you in it. As you said, I'm the reason why you stay alive. So do me, you're the reason why I stay alive. No, you're the sole reason why I need to stay alive. So that I could protect you. I could love you. And I could be with you."

"I'm not sure about this."

"I love you, Baek Haeun. Now and forever. I will love you. That's my promise."

Haeun has no answer to give the boy. At least for now. But she knows, deep in her heart, she loves a boy named Hong Joochan. It's just she didn't want to be a burden to anyone, especially the one she loves the most.