Anxiety

Sequel: The Broken Wings

 

 

 

 

"Do you have any idea what is wrong with Haeun?" Donghyun asked the other two boys who was busy with their own foods at the moment; Jaehyun with his bread and Jibeom with his yogurt, "Guys?" He said when there's no answer from both of them.

Jibeom stopped eating and put his yogurt down, "Maybe she just give up on Joochan after the incident," He simply gave his answer.

"Are you saying a girl who cut herself for a boy, suddenly moving on?" Donghyun felt like it doesn't make sense like how Haeun would give up on Joochan just like that. It feels like there's something wrong with the girl.

Jaehyun took a sip on his banana milk, "I thought it's weird too," He put his input into the conversation, "I mean she killed herself for Joochan. Why would she ditch Joochan just like that?" Jaehyun could remember clearly how he saw Haeun on the bed with full of blood all around her. She hurts a lot and she gives too much. It's not that easy for someone like Haeun to give up on the boy she loves the most.

"Guys," Joochan appeared out of nowhere and greeted them. The three of them startled by his appearance but acted cool with it. They couldn't show that they talked about Haeun few seconds ago, Joochan still in recovering phase. They couldn't give too much stress to the boy, "You're talking about Haeun noona, right?" Joochan's sudden question caught them off guard, "Don't worry, I told you I'm okay now. I have completely recover," He assured his friends.

The three of them looked at each other and then focused on Joochan who was smiling at the moment, "I think something is up with Haeun," Donghyun shrugged, "Oh, yes, I heard that you break up with Mijoo," He made a statement causing the two other boys to frown.

"You break up with Mijoo? I thought you love her so much," Jaehyun couldn't understand why he did that.

Joochan smiled, "I know right. Why do I love her at the first place? When I am suppose to love someone else," He said.

"Joochan, are you sure that you're really okay?" Jibeom worried over the boy who sit infront of him, "You broke up with her for Haeun, right? Are you sure that you still love Haeun? And not Mijoo?" Those questions from Jibeom make Joochan confused for a while.

"How can I love Mijoo when obviously I love someone else?" He sighed, "Haeun is someone I originally love and I only love someone after I lost my memory. Do you think I would love Mijoo if I don't lost my memory?" He asked his friends.

The boys agreed with his words, "But still," Donghyun sighed, "She's the one who make you happy and help you go through all this pain."

"Are you saying that I should forget Haeun and stay with Mijoo?" He raised his eyebrows.

Donghyun couldn't stare straight right into his eyes, "I didn't mean that too."

"Then, what the hell am I supposed to do, huh?" There's a bead of tears formed inside of Joochan's eyes; waiting for it turns to come out from his eyes.

The three boys stared their heart-broken friend for a long time with no words coming out from their lips as if they have nothing to say to him other than support him on whatever he will do next.
 

💌💌💌
 

"Noona, can I talk to you?" Jaehyun asked to Haeun who was focusing on her assignment at the moment. It's break time so it wouldn't be a problem for them to go out and meet somewhere else.

Haeun lifted her head up and looked at the boy, "Why?" She raised both of her eyebrows as she put the pen down. Jaehyun stared at her with hope make she gives up, "Okay," She get up from the chair and followed Jaehyun from behind.

They walked through the hall with all the eyes on Haeun. All of the students whispered to each other as if they're talking bad on Haeun and unfortunately Haeun could catch one of the sentences they're talking about, "She's the reason why Joochan break his relationship with Mijoo," One of the students said, "Really? Damn, she's a real snake," The other one replied.

Haeun walked down the halls with her head lowered down looking onto the ground as she has no guts to look up to anyone. She felt like she has been the centre of attention for months ever since the news about she was trying to kill herself came out. If she was really regretting those, why did she even do it at the first place?

Jaehyun could see that Haeun has been so nervous and probably anxious by the attention given from all of the students around the school but that's the reality she has to face. The cruel world; that most of people will always be judgemental on every single little thing they do, even for breathing some oxygen in and exhaling it.

"Why do you want to see me?" Haeun asked while looking at the so-not-beautiful scenery from the on top of the school. 

Jaehyun who was standing beside the girl, looked at her with full of worried, "Mijoo said something to you, right?" The words startled Haeun and she passed a curious look to Jaehyun, "Don't look at me like that. I just know that Mijoo would do that."

"How did you know?" She frowned.

Jaehyun smiled, "Because she's my ex-girlfriend?" He paused, "Are you going to believe in that?" He asked.

Haeun's eyes widened as she heard that; almost couldn't believe the words said by the boy infront of her. How can Mijoo is Jaehyun's ex-girlfriend but now was dating Joochan? Well, Joochan's ex-girlfriend for now.

"If you're going to ask whether the boys know about it or not," He stopped and swifted his look to Haeun, "They don't know about it." He explained, "I date her for a short span of time. Two weeks?" He tried to remember the moment when he dated a girl named Mijoo, "Well she's fine and cool but she couldn't control her jealousy when I talked to other girl. Yeah, I know you would say, why would I talk to another girl, it's my fault but to be honest, it's solely for assignment. At the end, she go and warn the girl and the girl said she's going to change her partner for the assignment, and that's how I break up with her."

"Why are you telling me this?" Haeun asked.

Jaehyun smiled, "Noona, I know how much you love Joochan. From your eyes, it could actually explain all of the things you want to say. I saw you, noona. I witnessed it with my own two eyes, you, on the bed," His voice slowly getting lowered, trying to hold back his tears, "Don't give up your life for someone else. Do whatever you want to do, never let anyone control your life."

"How easy that words sounds to me," She pulled her hair to the back, "I wish I can Jaehyun. But the demon in my heart is slowly getting me. There's nothing left for me. I always thought my depression is just a joke and I could overcome it anytime, but I was totally wrong about it. It got worser by time, till that moment, I couldn't hold it anymore and it just get me. Just like that." Haeun never thought she would talk about her depression to someone else other than her counsellor.

"I thought I know a lot about you, but," The sudden voice startled both of them. They turned their body around to see the owner of the voice but they could only see one guy was standing with his fist clenched and grinted teeth.

"Hong Joochan," Haeun called his name.