Heartache

Sequel: The Broken Wings

 

 

 

 

"Let's break up," A word from Joochan breaks Mijoo's heart into thousand of pieces.

Mijoo looked at Joochan with her teary eyes, "What do you mean?" She wanted to deny the reality.

"Let's break up," He repeat the same word for the second time.

The girl already had tears on her cheeks, "Is it because of Haeun unni?" She asked and Joochan stayed quiet, "It's because of her right?"

"She almost killed herself because of me," Joochan took a deep breath before he said that.

"But that doesn't mean you could throw me away just like that," Mijoo protested.

He sighed, "She needs me, Mijoo. She needs me." Joochan paused, taking some time to continue his words, "I remember her. She's my first love, Mijoo. I promised that I would be by her side no matter what happen. I promised her that. But I broke the promise..." His voice getting slow as he said those heart-breaking facts he forget before.

"You want to sacrifice your present because of your past?" Mijoo couldn't give up, "I am your present, Joochan. Haeun is your past."

"A past that I am not suppose to forget," Joochan stern with his decision, "I'm sorry, Mijoo. It's for the best." He left the cafe, leaving the girl behind alone.
 

💌💌💌
 

"Haeun, how was the counselling went?" Donghyun asked his cousin when he saw she entered the house; probably she was just done with her counselling today.

Ever since the day Haeun attempted suicide, she has been receiving counselling for her mental health. She should get it earlier but no one knows about her depression. She didn't show it to anyone else.

She may look happy on the outside but the demon inside herself slowly controlling her; asking her to kill herself. She never thought that she will be given another chance to live her life. It has been few times since she tried to kill herself but always fail miserably.

She thought she finally did it, but unfortunately Jaehyun found her on time and saved her life. She didn't know whether she should be thankful or not because she just want to end all the pain. She couldn't live without Joochan and that's it.

The knock on the door woke her up from the long day-dream, "Can you get the door?" Donghyun who was watching the television asked for help from Haeun who was apparently standing infront of the door; didn't move her feet a little bit since she entered the house.

Haeun nodded her head and went to get the door. She opened the door and gulped to see Joochan was right infront of her at the moment with sad expression pasted on his face, "Joochan?" Before she could continue her words, Joochan hugged her out of sudden.

"I'm sorry," Tears formed in his eyes, slowly started to wet his cheeks, "I'm sorry that I forget you. I'm sorry that I break my promise. I'm sorry that I hurt you." He said while sobbing.

Donghyun who was originally focusing on the television swifted his look to the couple behind him, "What's happening?" Donghyun asked Haeun who was currently looking at him. Haeun shrugged but still didn't break the hug.

"Joochan," Haeun slowly broke the hug and looked at Joochan's face that was already drenched in tears, "Are you okay?" She asked she worried over the boy's condition.

"I'm sorry," He said with his head lowered looking on the ground, "I promise I will stay with you now and forever," He assured the girl with his promise.

Haeun let out a slight smile, "But Joochan," She paused and took a deep breath before she continued with her next words, "You know it's over between us right?" She said almost half-heartedly and was about to get the tears come out from her eyes but managed to control it well.

"But noona," He lost words. 

This time, it's his turn, to have those nightmares had by Haeun few months ago.