Say Nothing

DUBIOUS ~ YOONMIN

It was their rare only day off and Jimin couldn’t believe how unlucky he was. He got sick. He caught a cold and knew a fever was on its way, something he never manages to avoid no matter what sickness he gets. He had spent the whole day in bed doing nothing besides occasionally checking his phone. It made a hardworking guy like him almost go nuts and he rolled around in his big bed out of frustration.  

Jimin suddenly started freezing and sighed. Of course. A fever. There it was. He had no appetite and hadn’t eaten since the day before so he hadn’t left his room at all, which is why he had no idea what the other members were up to. He guessed most of them were out meeting friends, except for Yoongi who had told him the day before that he’d sleep on their whole day off. Sleep was something all of them needed, but Jimin would rather meet his friends. Now he couldn’t even bring himself to sleep. Nothing felt comfortable.


Jimin really needed a blanket, he could’ve gotten one by himself but he refused to waste the precious energy he needed to recover. He was in pain, too, because of that stubborn cold and moving around only made it worse. Concluding that calling Yoongi was the better option, since he was the only one still at home, he picked up his phone and did just that.

Jimin started holding his breath when he heard cars in the background after the annoyed “Hello?” Yoongi had uttered a few seconds after he picked up. Yoongi wasn’t at home sleeping? Jimin got confused but understood his plans must have changed. Perhaps something came up. Would he still be able to come home and get Jimin a blanket? That would be a little too much to ask for though, wouldn’t it? What if he was in the middle of something important? When Jimin had asked for the favor it was silent for so long that he even started mentally preparing himself for getting a blanket on his own, but then Yoongi finally replied that he’d be there.

/

When Yoongi walked into Jimin’s room the sick boy had gotten a lot worse in the few minutes that had passed. He was laying in his bed slightly shaking because of how cold he was but he still flashed a big smile and sat up when he saw that Yoongi was carrying two fluffy blankets under his right arm. 

“Wow you really are sick, aren’t you?” Yoongi muttered when he stood right in front of the other but despite how concerned he sounded he still threw the blankets on Jimin without offering to tuck him in, something that annoyed Jimin slightly. 

“Hyung are you really not gonna tuck me in? I’m suffering and you’re just walking out?” Yoongi sighed before he put his hands on a then slightly frightened Jimin’s shoulders and pushed him down onto the bed. “Then lay down and go to sleep.” As Jimin was sloppily tucked in, confused about why his heart was beating so fast, he noticed Yoongi’s wet hair and clothes and realized he had been outside in the rain without a jacket or an umbrella. He was going to scold him before he was caught off guard by how red and swollen his eyes were. Had Min Yoongi been crying? There was a bigger chance of seeing a unicorn, yet there was no doubt he had indeed been crying. 

There was no way Jimin was going to ignore it when he saw so clearly that Yoongi was in pain. He knew he had problems with depression and anxiety and that his head was a complete mess, they all did, but Yoongi had never specifically told Jimin about what that mess was actually like. Even though it shouldn’t, it made Jimin jealous knowing both Hoseok and Namjoon seemed to know all about it. Didn’t Yoongi trust him and value their friendship enough to tell him?

“I won’t sleep until you tell me where you’ve been and why you’ve been crying. I won’t let you go until you tell me what’s wrong.” Jimin sick, raspy voice was filled with determination and he grabbed and pulled Yoongi’s wrist to stop him. His intentions were pure but out of frustration he accidentally pulled with so much force Yoongi ended up falling and landing on top of Jimin who let out a high-pitched gasp. 

Yoongi’s hands were on Jimin’s chest and their bodies pressed tightly against each other. Jimin’s eyes opened wide and he gulped. Luckily they hadn’t accidentally kissed, Yoongi had landed with his face in the pillow but there was no way he couldn’t feel how fast Jimin’s heart was beating. The seemingly innocent Jimin hadn’t been that close to anyone for as long as two months. They’d been too busy with the comeback to have time for such things. It would be an understatement to say that Jimin regretted that decision. He had way too many lustful hormones infesting his body for this to end well. 

The man on top of him lifted his head up awkwardly and it made his weight shift to his torso-area and that certainly didn’t help Jimin who was struggling to keep himself under control. Their eyes met. Yoongi’s puffy cheeks made Jimin forget all about his previous naughty thoughts and when he saw tears in his dark eyes his heart shattered with worry. He wrapped his arms around his waist and with that Yoongi’s whole body became stiff. 

In an attempt to turn the awkward situation into a joke Jimin slipped his hands in under Yoongi’s black hoodie. “Ah, finally some heat!” He said with a voice that cracked in the middle of the sentence. Instead of saving the situation Jimin noticed Yoongi’s back muscles that he had never payed any attention to before and couldn’t stop himself from slowly moving his hands up and down his back a few times. Distracted and amazed he asked if Yoongi had been working out lately. Yoongi removed his hands from Jimin’s chest and put his underarms on the bed instead, next to Jimin’s head. Their faces were only millimeters apart when their eyes met again. Jimin felt the older’s warm breath on his lips and it made his whole body tingle and without realizing it he pulled Yoongi towards him slightly. 

They were both confused and surprised. Jimin didn’t understand a thing, he was usually very good at controlling himself but there he was being a hot mess. Perhaps Yoongi was a little more confused than the other. Why did Jimin pull him closer? He wasn’t complaining, he found Jimin beautiful. He had since the first time he saw him, but being that close to someone as perfect as Jimin made his heart beat faster than it ever had before. 

Jimin was breathing heavily, partly because he was sick but also because of the tension. Yoongi’s eyes travelled to Jimin’s pink plump lips. He fought hard against the urge to explore them with his own. It could be compared to the effort a child with a sweet tooth has to put in in order not to eat a cookie that’s right in front of them. Jimin on the other hand fought hard too keep his body under control and to keep it from making it a little too obvious that he hadn’t been intimate for a long time. 

Yoongi stopped himself and suddenly quickly rolled off of Jimin, who was unable to move, and laid down next to him. His head was a mess, just half an hour ago he was about to take his life and now one of his closest friends made him feel something he had never felt before. It was an indescribable feeling. It wasn’t just attraction or lust, not really. It wasn’t like how he had felt towards anyone he had ever had a crush on, either. It was different. 

Neither of them could breathe properly. They laid in silence for a while, not knowing what to say or do. Both embarrassed of their own thoughts and afraid of the other’s. Jimin started regretting caressing Yoongi’s back, that’s what started everything. Before that it was just a big accident, then it became something else. He wondered why he even had to go as far as pulling Yoongi closer to him. It was the biggest mistake. There was no way of explaining that away, especially since he didn’t even understand himself why he did it. He assumed all of his actions where caused by his inability to control himself and its result was that they were laying there in awkward silence. It wasn’t a big deal if you really thought about it. It was a weird thing that happened but it could be forgotten, but Jimin couldn’t help but worry and overthink as one does. Was their friendship destroyed? He panicked.

Softly Yoongi grabbed Jimin’s small hand and gulped. Their hearts were beating faster and Jimin didn’t worry anymore. He could only think of Yoongi’s warm hand and the sweet energy that was spreading inside of him as fast as poison when the back of his hand was carefully caressed by Yoongi’s big thumb. 

Maybe Jimin wasn’t as ually deprived as he thought, or at least perhaps his recent actions weren’t caused by it. Maybe it was something else. Something softer, more innocent. Something with a deeper meaning and purpose. Something hard to achieve and maintain. Their eyes met. They knew nothing except that they didn’t want to let go. What was this feeling? Foreign for them both. Just as Jimin took a breath and was about to say something Yoongi interrupted him.

“Just shut up and say nothing because I need this tonight.”