mahal kita .

the boy with the silent voice

Jeno wasn't one to easily experience the icky (rather disturbing) feeling of butterflies fluttering in his stomach, or the sudden rush of blood which would paint his face a dark red, or the feeling of jealousy when your crush smiled at someone but here he was falling, deep in love with the densest boy in the world. 

 

 

Two months ago 

The scorching heat and cloudless skies were the first signs that the summer holidays had come. Now, Lee Jeno, a proud proclaimed couch potato had imagined the perfect summer holiday to be a little different from what he imagined. Inside in his nice, air conditioned room, a stack of video games and junk food at his command.

 

 

 Jeno had the worst luck. The poor boy had been woken up at 11 o'clock, dragged to a remote area (the park) on a Sunday morning, to play childish games- as Jeno would say. The evidently bright sunny skies and high pitched laughter of children playing couldn't lift up Jeno's unhappy mood.

 

 

But hearing Chenle winge and scream his dolphin laugh in his ear, made him give up his grumpy mood and restrain himself from strangling him. Finally, Jeno plays "childish games" with the gang (Chenle, Jisung, Mark, Haechan and Jaemin). Jeno has no idea how people find Chenle cute. 

 

 

Now Jeno really, really had bad luck. The unlucky boy just happened to get "lost" after jumping face down into the bushes- weird but Mark would've almost caught him and the boy panicked. Once Jeno gets into one of their "childish games", he gets competitive. If only he was like that towards his studies, his mother would say. 

 

 

 

The bushes were surprisingly hard to get out of, they were overgrown and it seemed like the trees closed in on him... Strange. When finally the boy had escaped from the slightly suffocating feeling of the bushes and trees, when he finally noticed his different surroundings.

 

 

 

There was a huge bed of flowers which seemed to move slightly through the wind. There was a sweet  airy smell in the air created by the pretty flowers. Soft pastel colours seemed to decorate the whole garden. The viredescent coloured trees looked welcoming, creating shady spots, perfect for sitting under. A calming atmosphere seemed to cover the entire garden..

 

 

 

Jeno freezes, his jaw dropped. Right in the middle of it all was a- fairy? Angel? Jeno couldn't tell. A fairy seemed to sit in the garden bed, his thin pure white clothing seemed to move with the wind, his neon red coloured hair seemed to bounce slightly- Oh the fairy had a very pretty face. A face which the gods would've sculpted for perfection. A light dusty, everlasting red blush seemed to cover the fairy's cheeks.. The fairy's sleeves seemed to cover most of his elegant fingers which softly pet a quite happy white cat, lazily sitting on the fairy's lap. 

 

 

 

It had to be a fairy, who or what could be so beautiful and pretty? Jeno couldn't see any wings but maybe they were invisible?, maybe he hid them because he was shy? He did seem to glow under the Sun's rays. 

 

 

 

Without even thinking, the fairy boy seemed to entrance Jeno. His legs seemed to move instantly, against his will towards the pretty fairy. Luckily, the fairy hadn't even noticed his presence but oh did Jeno. Finally, the fairy seemed to notice the odd presence and looked at Jeno- For Jeno, the world seemed to go in slow motion, the fairy lifted his head to look at him and for the slightest second, their eyes locked.

 

 

The world was in perfect harmony.

 

 

 

But then again, Jeno has the worst luck and slipped face down, his vision became blurry, darkening and the last thing he saw was the fairy hovering over him.

 

 

 

"Uggh my head hurts what happened to me?" Jeno muttered to particularly no one, a evident headache coming on to him. The boy freezes he doesn't remember lying down in the flower bed. He turns his head slightly to see the fairy looking quite pretty and shy. The fairy's lithe figure seemed to squirm under his hard stare. Jeno being an idiot (heart strucked), blurted out 

 

 

"Are you a fairy?"

 

 

 

The fairy looks quite confused and innocent, his eyebrows furrow together and he points to himself and says fairy in- chinese? Jeno can't tell, he regrets not paying attention in class. Jeno tries to communicate to the fairy boy in korean again but the boy fails to answer back only replying in a slur of phrases that didn't make sense.

 

 

 

The fairy's eyes widen and whispers to Jeno in korean, 

 

 

 

"Wait here." 

 

 

Thankfully, Jeno understands and waits in the same spot, awkwardly waiting for the fairy boy to come back. In a matter of minutes, the fairy is back, a few stray hairs out of place and his strange clothes ruffled but he still looked perfect.. Damn it. 

 

 

 

The fairy had brought back a writing book and a pencil, he procided to write in cute legible writing, which Jeno understood. The pretty fairy had wrote 

 

 

 

My name is Huang Renjun and I am not a fairy sorry :(

 

 

 

 Jeno would've slapped himself for making a idiot of himself. Jeno procides to communicate in okay ish? chinese, the boy really should've payed attention in class. 

 

 

"N-nice to meet you R-renjun, I'm Lee Jeno." 

 

 

 

Jeno curses himself for stuttering but quickly stops when the pretty boy, Renjun giggles in the most shy and elegant way, his long sleeves covering half his face while he laughed- Oh was his laugh so pretty, his cute lil crooked tooth made Jeno sigh. 

 

 

 

Maybe he does have a soft spot for pretty boys who look like fairys. Maybe. 

 

 

 

The two love struck puppies agree to meet again, Jeno procides to take the bus to the park almost everyday after school just to see his fairy boy.

 

 

 

renjunqt note: I hope you enjoy this :)