네개

Help me

Dae Hee

 

 

After Owen left, I felt like going to the cafe down the street to clear my mind. Hopefully get him off my mind. I went to my room and headed straight for my closet

 

"What to wear, what to wear ?"

 

I start taking out random clothes and threw them on my bed because I couldn't think of anything. Who could've thought it was this hard for me to pick out an outfit.

 

"Ughh! Why is this so hard?" I said to no one in particular, softly whimpering as if I was child who didn't get what they wanted. 

 

After minutes of contemplating, I decided on a light blue ripped jeans, the ankle folded, fishnets under it, with a grey oversized sweater and a black baseball cap. I grabbed my wallet, along with my phone and my headphones then headed downstairs.

 

"Vans or Nike's?"

 

"Vans." I put on my black vans and the headed out the door on my way to the cafe.

 

While walking, the fall breeze brushes against my face as if it were someone who was touching my face. I hate it but I love it. A love hate relationship. I hate that fall makes me feel lonely, but I love seeing the leaves change colors as winter comes near. The dreadful winter.

 

I finally reach the cafe and as soon as I walking in, I was greeted my a hug from the infamous Leejin. My one and only good friend, who I treat like a sister.

 

"Dae Hee! It's been so long since I've seen you~." Now she's just acting like a child.

 

"Yah, you just saw me 2 days ago!" I said struggling to pry her hands off of me. Man this girl is strong.

 

"So, I still missed you."

 

"Don't you have to get back to work or something?"

 

"No. We have a new hire, and he's undergoing training, so Aaliyah (jungjiminbalsa  feel special😤) decided to let me take my break while he's learning."

 

"I thought you guys weren't taking any new workers?"

 

"We had someone quit about a week back, so we were in desperate need of a new worker."

 

"Ahh, I see. Is it a boy or girl?"

 

"Boy. Plus, he's quite the looker." She said nudging me.

 

"No."

 

"Come onnnn,"

 

"Where are we going?"

 

"Dae Hee, now is not the time to be smart with me."

 

"Leejin, no."

 

"Awe, why not. You need to get over Seungwon and what better way to do that other than introducing you to a guy."

 

"Because I'm not looking to get romantically involved with anyone."

 

She sighed. "Ugh, at least be his friend or something."

 

I looked at her and she was making puppy eyes at me as if it was supposed to work. She already knows that I'm not one to put up with her antics and that I really don't want to follow through with her plan. Knowing her, she'll do something sneaky.

 

"Whatever. Can I just go order what I want, I want to sit down and eat in peace." I rubbed my temple as I had started to develop a headache, which tend to happen frequently.

 

"One Americano with a chocolate chip muffin coming up!"

 

After she went to get what I wanted, I took a seat at a booth by the window, so I could admire the beautiful scenery. All the trees and their different color leaves, falling one by one into the ground.

 

My thoughts suddenly got interrupted by a husky voice.

 

"It's a nice scenery, isn't it?"

 

I didn't say anything. All I did was stare at him.

 

Okay, who is he and why did he think that it was okay to come and interrupt my thoughts? 

 

"Excuse me miss, you're staring..."

 

"Oh, sorry." A tomato. That's what I look like. A freAKING TOMATOOOO!

 

"Here's your drink and muffin that you ordered."

 

"Oh thank you." No eye contact whatsoever, I just took my food and turned away not paying attention to him hoping that he'd leave. But to my surprise, he still stood there. Why must he stay hereee. There are other customers.

 

"I-Is there something else you want ?" Why am I stuttering all of a sudden? I mean he's quite the looker, but I don't normally get so flustered around guys, much less stutter.

 

"Do you enjoy nature?"

 

"Yes, why do you ask?"

 

He scratched the back of his neck and looked at me with seriousness in his eyes. "I wanted to know if you wanted to come with me to a Garden Exhibit. My friend gave me two tickets and I didn't have anyone else to bring and you seemed to be interested in nature. So I said, why not ask the beautiful woman that was gawking at the beautiful scenery outside the cafe?"

 

Woah. Quite the talker, but I don't just go out with a random guy that I don't even know. 

 

"It's okay if you say no. You don't even know me, so why would you, right?"

 

"I mean I wouldn't mind becoming friends, but going to that event is definitely a no. I'd rather get to know you first."

 

"That's totally fine! The event's not until October, so hopefully by then you'll want to go with me." He said that last part in more of whisper. I guess he was shy?

 

"Um, sure. How about telling me your name for starters?"

 

"Namjoon. Kim Namjoon. I'm the new worker here if you couldn't tell." He smiled and the dimples I didn't know he had showed themselves. Cute.