세개

Help me

9:00am

 

Owen is still downstairs sleeping, snoring the whole place down. The little patience that I had, is slowly but surely drifting away with.every.snore.I hear. Even when I cover my ears with my pillow, I still manage to hear him.

 

After about 20 minutes of his loud and obnoxious snoring, I decided to go wake him up.

 

"Owen~." I was trying to gentle, because I was literally on the verge of smacking him, but I really didn't want to come off as rude. The dude barely knows me.

 

"Owen... Owen, OWEN!" 

 

"WHAt DO YOU- oh, Dae Hee." He scratched the back of his neck while he slowly sat up.

 

"Well hello to you too. Did you sleep well? You were snoring so loud, I wouldn't be surprised if the neighbors said that they heard you" I let out a little chuckle after seeing his expression.

 

"Sorry. I guess I did get a goodnight's sleep since I was snoring."

 

"So, you snoring isn't something that you do all the time?"

 

"Nope!"

 

Thank God. 

 

"I only snore when I'm in a deep slumber, which I haven't been in lately because of work and my classes."

 

"Ahh, I see."

 

"Yea..."

 

 

 

 

......This silence is awkward

 

 

"Does your head hurt? I could make you some hangover soup?"

 

"Oh yeah, sure. I'd like that, thanks Dae Hee." He smiled. His smile is cute.

 

Wait, what am I saying?

 

I made my way to the kitchen to make him some hangover soup. I started humming a song, I wasn't sure where I heard it, but I liked it. 

 

Few minutes later, I made my way back out to the living room where I saw Owen on his phone talking to someone. I overheard part of the conversation, it's not like I wanted to though.

 

"Oppa~ are you gonna come hang out with me today?" 

 

I hate the way her voice sounds. Too freaking high pitched. I think to myself that she's probably his girlfriend with the way she's talking and dragging her words.

 

"Girlfriend?" I asked out of curiosity.

 

"Huh, oh no. She's just a friend of mine." There was an annoyed look on his face.

 

"Oh really now? The way she was talking to you says otherwise." I say with a smirk, trying to .

 

"What are you implying?" He gave me a questioning look.

 

"I mean come on, she was trying to act all cutesy and what not, trying to see if you wanted to hang out."

 

He sighs.

 

"I promise you that she's not my girlfriend. I see her only as a friend. I don't think I'd be able to see her as a woman because of the annoying vibe she tends to give off at times." 

 

For some reason, his words seem to come out harsher than expected, because when he looked at me, I was looking quite displeased. I didn't know why though. I kinda felt bad for her because she probably liked him. Not even, she does like him. 

 

"Well no need to be rude about it." I shot back at him, felt like he deserved it.

 

"I'm sorry."

 

"Why're you telling me sorry? You should try to clear things up now and let her know that you only see her as a friend. And nothing more than a friend, because I promise you, she will think that you're giving her a chance to become your girlfriend." 

 

Oops. I think I said too much. I end up apologizing to him because I felt like I said too much. Too much that I start to think about my past, which I've been running from a lot lately.

 

"Hey, it's okay." He gets up to pat my head. "You were only looking out for me, it's no harsh feelings. I should actually be telling you thank you, cause knowing me I would've just let her be and not say a thing."

 

I smiled, but that was soon interrupted by my door opening followed by a voice that I've been trying to forget.

 

"Who are you and why are your hands on her?" Anger and jealously. Those were what his words were laced with. 

 

I need to change my passcode asap, because if I don't, he'll keep barging in whenever he feels like. I finally get the courage the speak after what felt like hours, which was only a few minutes. 

 

But Owen beats me and begins to speak.

 

"And you are?" Confusion fills his face.

 

"Don't worry about who I am, just know that you need to get your hands off of her."

 

"And who are you to tell him what to do?" Now it was my turn to speak and I made sure that I gave him the coldest look I could muster up.

 

"I'm your boyf-" I cut him off while putting my hand up.

 

"Correction. You're my EX-boyfriend, Seungwon. Whom I broke up with a long time ago, so don't even try to pull that BS on me." By now my hands are crossed over my chest, while I was looking at Seungwon, who's standing by the door. Looking back at me.

 

"Do you mind? I'd like to talk to her in private." He gave Owen a dirty look, which I obviously didn't like. So I snapped back at him before Owen got the chance to say anything.

 

"He's not going anywhere, because we have nothing to discuss. I broke up with you and I sure as hell don't plan on getting back together, not with the likes of you." 

 

The words I spat at him were laced with hurt and disgust. I'm hurt because of what he did to me whilst we were together, but I'm utterly disgusted because he had the nerves to come find me and expect everything to go back to normal. Not in this day and age.

 

"If you have nothing else to say, I'd like it if you please excuse your presence from my household."

 

He sighs and turns to leave, seeing as he failed again at trying to get me to come back. But I called after him, making him turn his head to look at me, probably hoping I'd change my mind. Ha! He thought.

 

"I'm changing my passcode, so don't bother coming back. Go find that girl you cheated on me with. I'm pretty sure she's waiting for you to come home."

 

"I broke up with her."

 

I pretend as if I'm shocked. Karma's a , isn't she?

 

"Lemme guess. She caught you cheating?"

 

"No. She.. She cheated on me." Sadness starts to come over him.

 

"I told you, that Karma would come to bite you back in ."

 

"Dae Hee, I'm sorry. I really am. I really regret cheating on you. A lot. After our relationship ended, I started to go crazy because I realized my mistake."

 

"Realized it a little too late buddy, should've never even thought about cheating on her, much less lusting after that girl that you cheated on her with." Owen steps in front of me, as if he was trying to protect me from him.

 

"And who are you to intervene?"

 

"Don't worry about it. Dae Hee obviously doesn't want anything to do with you. Or well, at least she doesn't anymore is what I should say. So how bout you do her a solid, and leave. And I don't just mean her place, but her life. Because you're obviously making no progress whatsoever and it's only taking a toll on her not only physically, but mentally."

 

 

 

 

 

 

With that, Seungwon leaves. Not even daring to look back, not after what Owen said to him.

 

 

 

Owen turns to look at me.

 

"Hey, you okay?"

 

"Yea, sorry about all of what just happened. And also thank you for standing up for me, even though you barely know me."

 

"It's okay. Plus I'm actually glad hat I was here when he came, because imagine what would've happened if I wasn't!"

 

Yea, I'm glad that you were here. Because if you weren't, I probably would've let him take advantage of me like he used to.

 

"Oh! You never got to eat the hangover soup I made for you." I pouted looking over at the bowl of cold soup.

 

"Yah~ it's fine. But on another note, I actually have to get back home before my brother goes crazy looking for me." He's rubbing my head again. Why must he do this. Ughhhh.

 

"Why don't you take it with you. I'm pretty sure you're not fully recovered from your hangover." I looked at him with hope in my eye, praying that he says yes.

 

He laughs. "Sure, if that makes you feel any better. I'll take it home and make sure I eat so you don't have to worry."

 

The constant patting of my head. I'm not sure how to feel about it. I pull away from his touch and move to the kitchen to go put the soup in a take out dish so he can take it home.

 

 

 

Owen

 

I watch Dae Hee as she goes to pack up the soup for me. "Cute." I laugh to myself.

 

Dae Hee is quite the girl. But something in her sparks my interest of wanting to get to know her more. I want to know about the untold stories that lie deep in her light brown eyes. I want to learn everything about her. I feel like I need to.

 

After thinking to myself, she comes and hands me the dish. I take it and then bid her goodbye. 

 

 

 

 

See you soon miss Dae Hee.