Reminiscence

The Broken Wings

 

 

 

"Should I go to States back?" Haeun talked to the mirror, "I mean there's no use for me to live here if the one I love doesn't have any memory on me," She continued, "It's no use for me to stay here knowing that he lost his memory and it's just all about me," Again, a bead of crystal liquid running down her cheeks, "But why," She was sobbing, "Why...."

A knock on the door caused her to wipe her tears in instant as she knows that couldn't be Donghyun since Donghyun will be home late, "Can I come in?" The voice coming from outside confirm that it's her aunt, Donghyun's mum. She opened the door and looked inside. She could see Haeun was smiling at her but still she couldn't hide her puffy eyes at the moment, "Are you okay my dear?" Haeun smiled and nodded her head, "Tonight Donghyun's friends going to come over for dinner, you don't mind right?" She asked.

She quietly shook her head, "Donghyun's friends are my friends too, remember? Plus, the more the merrier," She said.

"Okay, then," Her aunt answered, "Take a rest, you look so tired," She closed the door to give the girl some space to be alone. She needs that the most right now.
 

💌💌💌
 

"Welcome to my house!" Donghyun invited his friends into his house as if they never come here.

Jibeom rolled his eyes, "Don't act like we never come here before, dude," He said as he took his shoes off. While Jaehyun on the other side still amused with Donghyun's house no matter how many times he comes to Donghyun's house. It still looks surreal to him.

"Where's noona?" Jaehyun asked as soon as he put his legs into the living room. He looked arond the house but there's no Haeun anywhere.

"She's in her room, I guess?" Donghyun gave a guess answer. Where will she could be other than her room right? The answer is logic; for him.

Jaehyun frowned upon his answer, "Can I go and get her?" He offered himself to call for Haeun who was alone in her room at the moment. She should join them. It has been a long time since they see each other, there's a lot of things to talk about. Donghyun shrugged to the question. Jaehyun then made his way to Haeun's room as he knows exactly where is her room.

He knocked on the door but there's no answer from the girl. He started to get anxious and slowly twisted the knob to open the door and he could see Haeun was crouching on the bed, "It must hurt her a lot," He muttered under his breath, but he frowned when he could a stain of red liquid on the bed, "Haeun?" He called for her name but there's no answer from her. He approached the girl and finally he could see that the red stain he saw on the bed is not a simple liquid, it's blood. Haeun's blood, "Yah, Baek Haeun," He holds both of her shoulders just to know that the girl already lost her consciousness.

Jaehyun panicked, he wasn't sure what he should do at this moment. He decided to call for others before it's too late, "Kim Jibeom! Kim Donghyun! Come here now!" He shouted and both of the boys rushed themselves to the room when they heard Jaehyun's voice.

"Oh my God," The only words coming out from Jibeom's lips when he saw a bed full with blood. He almost passed out when he saw the blood but Donghyun managed to catch him.

After he helped Jibeom to stable himself, he went to Haeun to check on her condition, "What the you just did to yourself Baek Haeun?" He grinted his teeth as he looked on the wrist that's full of cut and he didn't notice this before but there's a cut but more to scars... Did she try to kill herself before too?

All of them rushed to the hospital because based on Haeun's condition, it looks pretty serious. She might die for real anytime soon if she didn't get a quick treatment. Joochan who arrived there a moment before they leave to hospital, "What is happening?" He startled to see Haeun with blood all over her shirt. It's weird but he could feel that his heart hurts to see that. He could feel that his heart was contracting so hard at the moment.

"Jump in or you stay here," Donghyun said as they're in rush.

Joochan got into the car and took a sit beside Haeun who was having her eyes closed at the moment. He stared the girl's face for quite long. That sad face. Why does he feels like he has seen it before? Was it in his dream? He wasn't sure. But why... Why did she want to kill herself? Why did she attempt suicide? Who is exactly Baek Haeun to her? What's with this odd feelings he had?
 

💌💌💌
 

Haeun slowly opened her eyes but the bright light from the fluorescent lamp prevent her to do that. She raised her left hand but she could feel it's hurt. Oh, yes, I cut my wrist just now. Instead of kept using her left hand, she lifted her right hand and put it just right above her eyes so that she could open her eyes properly. If I could open my eyes, that's mean I still haven't die yet? She sighed.

"You're awake?" She thought she was dreaming but as soon as she turned her head to her right side. It's him, Hong Joochan. He's right infront of her, "The others went to grab a drink," He tried to explain to the girl who was staring at him with a blank face, "I offered myself to accompany you here," He said.

"Do you remember me?" She muttered but could be hear by the boy.

Joochan frowned. It has been few times since the girl asked whether he remembered her or not. Wass she someone he supposed to know? But why he doesn't have any memories on her? Not even a little bit?

The girl let out a bitter smile when there's no answer from the boy, "Just forget about it," She said.

"Can I," Joochan was about to ask a question when suddenly Donghyun came into the room.

Haeun startled to see Donghyun and the others entered the room. A smile formed on the other two boys' faces but not Donghyun. All she could see in Donghyun's face is anger, disappointment, and hatred.

"Why," He paused as he looked her banded wrist, "Why the hell you want to kill yourself?" He asked half-shouted. Jibeom who sense the situation quickly dragged Jaehyun who was having his bread and Joochan who was standing with nothing in his mind away from the room.

"Donghyun, stop," Haeun asked him to let her hand go, "It's hurt Donghyun, let me go," She said and Donghyun slowly loosen the grip on her hand.

He took a deep breath and exhale, "Why, Haeun? Just why? You shouldn't kill yourself just because of a guy, Baek Haeun! Stop making yourself look like a stupid." He let go all of the misery he had in his mind.

Haeun bit her lips when Donghyun said that, "Why? You ask me why?" She cleared and closed her eyes, "Because I love him... I love him so much that I don't want to live if it's not him who is beside me. I thought I could just be cool with it but do you know that his words; his confession gave me strength. You asked me how was States? It's a total hell, Donghyun. It's a hell. Dance class? What a joke... I barely get to dance there cause all I need to do was some dirty works for them." Again, she burst into tears, "It's hard for me Donghyun, to survive... I thought he would be by my side and I thought I could be happy if I ever come back here but why? Just why? Why it's only me, Donghyun?"

The girl didn't know that the secret she has been keeping all these times finally being spilled out and on top of that, it comes from her own mouth. She thought she could keep it as secret for the rest of her life; leaving it as a dark past of her but seems like she failed to do so. She's here crying over little things and knowing that the one she loves isn't here by her side.

No, even if he is here, he couldn't remember who she is. What's the point of him to be here if he couldn't remember who she is?

And again, Donghyun lost his words, there's a lot about the girl that he didn't know. She kept too many secrets from people around her... How is he supposed to go into her heart and see it by himself? He couldn't. Because the only one who could do that, lost his memory on the girl.

Joochan lost his memory on Haeun.

"Is the boy mentioned in your conversation," The voice interrupted their talk, "Is that boy perhaps me?" He asked.

Both of them turned their face to look at Joochan who was standing at the door and again he could see the blank stare that was given by Haeun but there's something about the stare made his heart hurt. Joochan approached Haeun who was still had her eyes on him. He looked at her and passed the most sincere smile he could ever give to someone.

"I'm sorry," Joochan said, "I'm sorry that you hurt yourself because of me," He stopped...

Haeun who couldn't control her tears, let the tears running down her cheeks as it forms a river on her cheeks.

"And," He paused, "I'm sorry that," It took a lot of courage for him to say the next words, "I still can't remember you till now," He end his words.

It's really over. It's really over between us.

 

 


Sequel: The Broken Wings