Consciousness

The Broken Wings

 

 

 

Haeun's dream has always been to be a proffesional dancer; an idol to be exact but her goal for now is to be in as much as dance classes she should be. When she won the dance contest held by her school, she got an offer for a special dance class in States. But of course, she needs to take a break from school for one year since she will live in States for the span of time.

"Yes, I'm finally here," Haeun said as soon as she put her legs on the Incheon airport. It has been a year since she left Korea and it looks like a new place to her. A total new place. She walked out the airport and waited for someone to pick her up.

"Baek Haeun!" Someone called for her name from afar, Haeun turned around just to see a figure she really miss. She smiled to the person who was having his hand high up on the air; waving to her.

Haeun grabbed her suitcase and walked towards the boy, so does he. When she could reach him, she hugged him, "How are you?" She asked as she broke the hug.

The boy smiled, "Fine," He said, "But maybe not too much since I miss you?" He laughed when he said that.

"Don't be silly, Donghyun," She hit her arms lightly and she started to look around to see if others come to get her at the airport as well, "Where's the others?"

Donghyun gulped to the question, "They're home, I guess?" He gave an excuse, "Let's go, it's almost night," Donghyun takes her suitcase and dragged it to the car that was waiting for them.

Donghyun took the front seat while Haeun took the behind seat, "Hey, long time no see, my lovely uncle," She greeted Donghyun's dad who was actually driving the car.

"Hi, my pretty niece," He said as he started the car's engine, "How's States?" He asked.

Haeun shrugged, "So, so," She answered, "I miss Korean food so much. I ate too much burgers there," She complained as she pouted.

"That's why your cheeks getting fluffy," Donghyun teased the girl.

"Shut up, Kim Donghyun," She rolled her eyes and passed a death glare to the boy who was one year younger than her. She took out her earphone and turn on the music before put both side of the earphone into her ears and closed her eyes. 
 

💌💌💌
 

"Joochan!" She ran towards the boy who was waiting for her at the infront of Donghyun's house and immediately hugged him.

Joochan widened his eyes when the girl hugged him. He slowly break the hug and looked at the girl's face, "I'm sorry but who are you?" The boy asked.

Haeun laughed with thought it's just a joke, "Yah, Hong Joochan. It has only been a year, how can you forget me already," Haeun said.

"How do you know my name?" Joochan asked, "Do I know you?" Countless questions coming from the boy.

Haeun lost her words. He looks serious in her eyes, "Stop kidding, boy" She stuttered as if her nightmare going to be true.
 

💌💌💌
 

"Haeun, wake up, we're already here," Donghyun wake the girl when he saw she was sleeping at the back.

Haeun woke up with tears flowing out from her eyes, "Wow, that's a really bad dream," She said as she wiped the tears on her cheeks.

"Are you crying, noona?" Donghyun asked when he saw a crystal clear liquid on the girl's cheeks. Haeun just shook to the question.

Haeun then brought herself into the house and she's really glad that there's no Joochan around. She was really afraid that her dream might comes true because it looks so real...

Both of Donghyun's parents greeted her with welcome and already get her room ready before she arrived. Haeun glad that she made the decision to come back to Korea instead of staying there for a little bit more time.

Haeun slammed her body onto the bed with the thought on her bad dreams just now. Suddenly she felt like she wanted to meet Joochan right away but she wasn't sure if she's ready to see him now.

The knock on the door woke her up from the day dreams, she got up from the bed and went to the door to open it since it's locked. She opened the door and as expected it's her lovely cousin, Kim Donghyun. She raised her eyebrows as if she's asking what he wants.

"Mum told me to get you for dinner," He said then leave the room.

Haeun grabbed Donghyun's wrist when he was about to leave, "Can I see Joochan?" She asked with a lot of courage in herself.

Donghyun looked at Haeun with a blank face. He got no answer for the question, "You could see him at school tomorrow since you'll be in the same grade as us," He simply answered, "Let's go, mum and dad is waiting," He said and leave to the dine room.

Haeun gave up and agreed to his words. She should just meet him tomorrow. She will meet him tomorrow. Thinking about she's going to see Joochan tomorrow fluttered her a lot.
 

💌💌💌
 

The day flies so fast that it's already for the time she needs to go to school, "Great," She happily put her bagpack on and went downstairs to grab her breakfast.

"You look so happy today," Donghyun's mum noticed the cheerful expression on her niece's face. 

"So happy to go to school for the first day?" Haeun answered her question.

"Are you that happy when you need to be in the same grade as us?" Donghyun teased the girl as he took a sit beside her for breakfast.

Haeun rolled her eyes and ignored the question from Donghyun. The whole family including Haeun enjoyed the breakfast with tease and laugh in between. Then, Haeun and Donghyun take their leave to go to school. Since it's their first day; more like Haeun's first day, so Donghyun's dad offered to send them to school.
 

💌💌💌
 

"So which class I'll be in?" Haeun asked to Donghyun who was walking beside her. Haeun was busy looking infront that she didn't notice that Donghyun isn't walking beside her anymore, "Donghyun?" She called his name when there's no answer from Donghyun. 

She turned to the left side just to see there's no Donghyun on her left side. She turned her head around and she could see Donghyun was acting as if he's asking someone to stay away from him.

Haeun took a look to the direction Donghyun has been looking for, and she could see the figure she wanted to see the most, it's Hong Joochan. Haeun quickly waved her hand towards the boy as the boy walking towards her with a smile pasted on his face.

Haeun was about to say hi to the boy when Joochan suddenly continued his walked and went straight to Donghyun instead of greet her first. Haeun frowned but she thought that Joochan was playing around so she approached both Donghyun and Joochan.

"Joochan, how can you ignore me like that?" Haeun hit his arms lightly as she said that.

Joochan shocked to see a girl he never seen before acted like that around him, "Excuse me but do I know you?" He asked.

"Yah, don't pretend like you didn't know me," She said as she smiled but slowly losing her smile when she could feel that Joochan isn't lying about it.

"Donghyun, do you know who she is?" Donghyun lost words when the question came out from Joochan's lips.

Both of Haeun and Joochan looked at Donghyun as they waited for the answer for the question. And only then she realized, the dream she had yesterday was about to be true.