Amnesia

The Broken Wings

 

 

 

"She's my cousin, Baek Haeun." Donghyun introduced Haeun to Joochan.

Joochan who was frowning so hard finally loosen his face, "Ah, the cousin you said stay in States before?" He remembered something, "Donghyun talked a lot about you. Nice to see you," He lent his hand offered to shake hand with the girl.

Haeun looked at his hand for a long time before she decided to grab it, "Nice to see you too," She tried to look as much as friendly that she could but she knows there's an obvious unanimous expression pasted on her face.

"Donghyun once said that you're actually one year older than us. Should I call you noona instead?" The words coming out from Joochan fluttered her a lot. It has been a long time since she heard Joochan called her as 'noona'.

"Up to you," Haeun replied with an obvious red blush on her cheeks because the stare given by Joochan to her. That's when she realized that she still loves the boy infront of her.

"Let's go, we're already late to class," Donghyun said and dragged Haeun away from Joochan.

When Haeun was sure that they're at least few meters away from the boy, she whispered into Donghyun's ear, "You better explain me all these s when we reached home," She warned the boy.

Donghyun rolled his eyes and nodded to her instruction.
 

💌💌💌
 

"Hi, I'm Baek Haeun. Just call me Haeun. I am supposed to graduate last year but something came up so I'm here again in school," Haeun introduced herself to the class. She didn't know if it's lucky or not but she's in the same class as Donghyun, Joochan and the other boys. It was supposed to be exciting but to know that there's something is wrong with Joochan and she didn't know what it is; it's really disturbing her mind right now.

"So, you're that dance queen from our school right?" Someone from the class shouted the words.

Haeun laughed upon that words, she looked around to see who's talking because she's totally familiar with that voice, "Bong Jaehyun, keep that as a secret between us," She said as she put her point fingers on her lips.

Everyone in the class laughed after watching their mini skits, "Okay calm down guys," Their teacher said, "Haeun, you could take a sit beside Joochan," He said.

As soon as she heard the words; it's a lie if she said she wasn't happy with the decision but she totally couldn't make herself to the chair over there. She couldn't even move her legs a little bit at the moment, "What are you doing here? Go and take your sit," Her teacher said when she's still standing beside him.

Haeun walked with a slow steps towards Joochan. She bowed a little bit to Joochan when she took a sit, "Hi," She greeted him in awkward manner. She couldn't believe that she's going to act awkward around Joochan on the first day of school.

"Hey, it's nice to see you again, noona?" He said the word 'noona' in a slow motion causing the girl to blush; again. Seriously, can you stop staring at me with those eyes?

Haeun then took the book from her bag and focus on the class. In the middle of the class, she wrote something on Joochan's notebook. Joochan frowned to see a scribble on his notebook, "Don't call me noona?" He read it before he turned his head to Haeun, "Shouldn't I?" He asked back and Haeun nodded her head, "Okay, then, Haeun!" Okay, this time her heart fluttered even more to hear Joochan called her name after a long time...

She could never face this alone...
 

💌💌💌
 

"How's States?" Jaehyun asked as soon as they took a sit on the table they chose to have their lunch.

Haeun sighed, "Can anyone tell me what is wrong with Hong Joochan and where is him now?" She sighed when she couldn't see Hong Joochan anywhere. He will usually hang out with the boys so why the hell he isn't here yet when obviously they're in the same class.

"Oh, about that," Jaehyun knows he wasn't in the place to answer the question. Haeun passed the desperate look to one boy and to the another boy, when both of them didn't answer, she went to the last one; her last hope.

He gave up with the looks given by the girl, "Okay, I'll tell you, but please control yourself," Donghyun said, "He lost his memory," He paused, finding the right words to continue his sentence, "After sending you to the airport, all of us, yes all of us, involved in an accident," Haeun cut his words.

"Wait, what? Accident? But? Oh my God? Why you didn't tell me about it?" She stuttered.

"Because we don't want to disturb your emotion and if we ever tell you about that, obviously you're going to turn back and skip your class," Donghyun explained, "Joochan hit his head quite hard during the accident and cause him to lost his memory," He continued his words, "But," He stopped.

Tic. Toc. Tic. A minute has passed but there's no words coming out from Donghyun, "What is it?" Haeun asked him to continue his words, but still no response from him, "What the hell is it?!" She asked half-shout caused Jibeom to startle.

"He couldn't remember anything about you," The secret slipped out from Jibeom's tongue.

Both of Jaehyun and Donghyun passed a glare to Jibeom but he couldn't do anything about it other than saying sorry.

"Wait, what? He couldn't remember me? But how?" Too many things in Haeun's brain and she wasn't sure if she could handle all of these news.

"Look, Haeun," Donghyun sighed, "Joochan is happy now. Can't you just move on?" The question by Donghyun totally made Haeun went speechless, "I mean, we all know both of you and Joochan never been in a relationship. Yes, you guys like each other but you never tell each other about it."

"What the hell are you talking about, Kim Donghyun?" She shouted; she couldn't control her emotion and immediately crying on the spot, "He told me," She paused and closed her eyes as she let the tears falling out, "He told me that he likes me and he's going to wait for me until I come back," She burst into tears, "He told me that he's going to wait for me. He told me," She slowly losing her voice as she was sobbing so hard.

"Haeun," Donghyun startled to see his cousin crying, "Haeun noona," He tried to put his hand on her shoulders but she quickly ditch it, "But there's something you need to know," He said. He needs to say it even if it's hard. Donghyun took a deep breath before saying it. He knows it's going to hurt the girl even more but he couldn't do anything about it, "Joochan," He paused, "Joochan has a girlfriend."

The words coming out from Donghyun's mouth stunned her, "Hey, guys, what are you doing here?" She could hear a familiar voice and lifted her head up. She looked on who was infront of her and it's him, Hong Joochan and there's a girl beside him, and that girl is not her. It's someone else, "Haeun, are you okay?" He asked when he saw her puffy eyes.

"Am I supposed to be okay?" She muttered under her breath but managed to form a force smile using her tiny lips, "Guys, I need to go," She took her leave because she knows the things will get worse if she was there.

Is it really over between them?