Your warm presence

Our Promised Spring Day

A whole full month had passed since I’ve started working with them and with that I learned the fact that they’re actually super trendy idol right now. I couldn’t keep count on how many times we had to run away from fans even when we were just going out for a snack. Well, I guess that’s how an idol lives eh? My probation period just ended and I’m now officially working under Big Hit entertainment. It wasn’t easy but at least I manage to grab on to this job. Then again the boys once more have super tight schedule ahead of them and I’m checking everything from their costume to their stage equipment. None shall be missed. Weird thing was a lot of the other staff has gone missing ever since this morning. It’s not common for them to slack off work like that.

“Ah, I’m so tired. Mom, I need your kimchi stew so bad right now,” I whined as I stretched myself. Seriously I miss her cooking. I couldn’t even remember when was the last time I had time to cook a proper meal for myself.

“Good work today,” a squeaky soft voice went through my eardrum. It was Jimin whispering to my ear from behind that ended up with me flinching since his breath on my ear was very ticklish.

“Geez you shouldn’t surprise me like that,” I complained to him but he just laughed.

“Well, good work today as well. I’ll be going home now, see you.” I grabbed my bag but just when I was about to marched my way to the ever glorious exits, Jimin locked both of his hands on my waist.

“Don’t go! I heard that Bang pd-nim was looking for you just now. So let’s go shall we?” he stated in a panic then proceed to drag me to the office upstairs. Why would my boss be looking for me? Did I do something wrong? Thousands of possible negative thoughts scanned through my head but when he opened the door, I heard loud crackers were being popped. They were all there greeting me with a welcoming party.

“Sorry that it took us this long to hold a welcome party for you,” Jin said to me as he patted on my shoulder.

“Everyone work hard on preparing these foods, especially our head chef Jin-hyung who actually studied your favourite food. Hope that it’s to your liking,” Hoseok rest his hands on the elder’s shoulder while teasing him. Jin smacked his head lightly as a respond. It was a super lovely atmosphere and it made me realize on how happy I was to be a part of this family.

The party kept on going. I was sitting at the edge talking to the other staff member when I notice the others were about to send Jungkook to buy more snacks and beers. I volunteer to tag along. Although I was refused by the other because this party was meant for me but I insisted. I wanted to get some fresh air anyway. We went through a small alleyway to avoid going out on the main street since we didn't want to get attack by random fans again. Jungkook started a small conversation between me and him like how I’m doing as a staff or even what’s my opinion about them. He was a little bit fidgety so I guess he was a little bit nervous. Jungkook was never that good talking to girls to begin with, especially to those who are older than him.

After finished purchasing the thing we needed, heavy rain started pouring down all of the sudden. We stopped by a nearby bus stop to wait for the rain to pass. He brushed his fingers through his hair to get rid of the droplets of water. Although we didn’t get drenched completely, it was still rather cold especially when I was wearing shorts at the moment.

“Noona, are you cold?” he asked with his clear glass eyes staring at me. I guess he noticed my shorts.

“A little bit but I’m okay,” I replied to him but I couldn’t stop the shaking since it was really cold. I guess he seen through my lies and so he took off his sweater for me to wear it.

“I’m okay! You should wear it or you’re going to catch a cold!”

“It’s okay noona. I still have my inner shirts on so I’m okay plus I'm still young and healthy so I won't catch a cold that easily!” he insisted for me to wear it but I was still worried that he might catch a cold so I sat directly next to him so at least a part of the warmness from this sweater could reach him.

But then my greatest nightmare came to light. It was the sound of a great thunder. I accidentally let out a small scream while burying myself on him. Alarmed by my fear of thunder, he quickly used both of his hands to cover my ears while several thunders flashed by again and again.

“I- I’m sorry for bothering you with this,” I fumble on my words while apologizing but he shook his head and told me it was okay with his bright smile.

“I hate myself for being afraid of small things like this,” I remarked but couldn’t stop the tears that started to fall due to my overwhelming fear.

“It’s okay to be afraid of something. That’s what it meant to be alive.” He continued with a peck on my forehead before wiping the tears away softly.

“My mom always does this to cheer me up so please don’t cry anymore okay?” he flashed his heart warming smile while still protecting my ears from the sound of thunders. Looking at my still ever dripping tears, he started to sing a lovely soothing melody. Magically my tears stopped flowing alongside with the rain that started to slow down as well.

“I think we should be able to run back to our office now don’t you think noona?” he asked while looking at the sky. I agreed with him but when we were to run, I couldn’t stand up. I felt like my legs become noodle like. He squatted down and gave me a piggy back ride and ran through the rain as fast as he could while carrying me on his back. 

"The song just now was really nice," I complimented him while resting on his warm back.

"It's the song that I'm composing, if you like I could sing for you anytime there's thunder coming to scare you," he said energetically.