Chapter 2

Never Give Up!

 

After mistakenly complimenting that Zelo's cute, you shut your mouth up and immediately looked away. You make yourself busy writing and re-writing your report. You could feel Zelo's smirking next to you. Zelo leaned closer to your ear, ''am I that cute?''. You freeze your body, you could feel your hair stands straight.

 

Seeing you didn't move, Zelo chuckled, 'aish this little fox'. ''I won't bite you or what...'', he said, ''...friend?''. You quickly turned to him when he said as such. You're taken aback again by seeing how close he is from you! ''Yah, too close'', you spoke up. You took your cap from his blonde hair, ''this is mine too''. However, in a speed of light he grabbed your hand before you lifted the cap from him. He pulled you to him, making you face-to-face and eye-to-eye with him. You widened your eyes in shock. ''W-what are you doing?'' you asked nervously.

 

His eyes attached on your eyes, then run over your face, and finally to your lips, ''a kiss won't kill?''. Hearing him saying as such, you pushed him away from you. You madly looked away, ''it won't kill? Everyone will kill me''. He understood you, so he chuckled. He lies his head on the desk with his head facing you. ''I'm Zelo, friend?'' he smiled. You don't dare to see his killer smile, so you just introduced yourself without looking at him.

 

*****

 

Bang Yong Guk joined you and Zelo on doing the afternoon assignment. The class is calmer compare to the morning class, since everyone is too lazy to attend the afternoon class. ''How did you get this one?'' Yong Guk asked you about the maths question. Zelo widened his eyes to the paper. You blinked your eyes on the question, ''yah, don't keep forgetting this N, this N is not power, N in a way of saying nCr!'' you spoke out, already annoyed on Yong Guk's mistakes. Yong Guk laughed seeing you mad, ''you do know how to get mad too?''. Zelo glanced over to see your face, and he laughed along, ''I keep seeing this face from morning''.

 

You lowered down your head, ignoring the two. Someone hit lightly your feet below the desk. You realised that it was Zelo's doing that. You looked up to see Zelo. You found out that he's actually staring at you, and smile. It's not a smirk, it's a genuine smile.

 

Zelo's heart went, 'yah, I'm just teasing, I'm sorry'.

 

*****

 

Next day, you, as usual, walking towards the main entrance of the school alone. You read your notebook while walking.

 

''ANYEONG!'' a spiritual voice greeted you, while the hands wrapped on your shoulders. You stopped your steps to see the person, ''yah Zelo, one more time, you'll die''. He chuckled hearing you like that. ''Then, what should I do? Hug? Then kiss?'' he teased. ''No, no, no, go away!'' you exclaimed, while your hand lifting his hand up from your shoulder and get rid of it. 'Aish, you shouldn't play with this things', your heart pleaded.

 

Another hand wrapped on your shoulder and Zelo's. ''Hyung!'' Zelo called out. You saw Bang Yong Guk that wrapped his hands on you two. You didn't push him away, like you did to Zelo. Zelo realised that, ''yah, you really don't like me?''. You nodded, then you shook your head, the nodded again. Yong Guk laughed on you two. ''Cute couple, come on''.

 

*****

 

''Hyosung-unnie'', you bowed as you saw the pretty senior when you entered the school. Hyosung smiled as she saw you. Her eyes quickly spotted the charming tall blonde hair guy beside you. Zelo scratched his head as he saw Hyosung. He quickly elbowed you, giving a signal.

 

''This is Zelo, unnie'', you introduced him to Hyosung. Hyosung smiled to you, but then his eyes flew to Zelo. Zelo became shy. ''Hyosung-noona, I heard about you alot'', he talked, obviously showing he himself admiring Hyosung. Hyosung gave him her pretty smile, ''really? From where?''.

 

''I'll go first'', you excused yourself seeing them making conversation, ignoring your presence. They didn''t reply you. So you just took off by yourself leaving them. You could feel you steps are heavier than ever. You could feel your mouth curving down. You could feel yourself saddened. 'Fool, he's just a friend! Why bother!' your heart saying. You feel like sobbing, but it doesn't come out.

 

'Crush? Forget it'

 

*****

 

You sat on your seat as usual, doing some revisions. ''MY BEST CHINGU!'' Zelo shouted on your ear. However, it didn't affect you alot like usual. You smiled weakly, ''why? Any good news?''. Zelo's excitedly nodded as took a sit next to you. ''Hyosung-noona~!'' he exclaimed.

 

''Arasso~'' you answered him. You knew this thing will happen soon. But you never expected that this thing could happen so soon. Zelo smiling until his ears reddened. 'You're so happy?' your heart asking. You never know that you could be this broken-hearted.

 

*****

 

As usual, during Private Study period, you spent your time on the broadcast room. Today isn't for broadcasting radio, only to clean up the room. You swept the floor and cleaned the glasses. You sighed. 'Why do I feel this hurt?'

 

Someone knocked the door. You quickly turned to the person. ''Yong Guk? What are you doing here?'' you asked as you saw Bang Yong Guk's figure on the door. He smiled, ''sit first, I want to talk to you''. You obeyed him and sit.

 

''You know about Zelo and Hyosung going out, right?'' he started off. The topic is too hurting that you gain interest from it. You nodded. ''We should at least avoid them doing as such'', Yong Guk's words making you widened your eyes. 'Eh?'.

 

''Hyosung's just a player, she won't hang out with a juinor for real'', he continued. You became speechless hearing him. He knew you're surprised hearing him, ''she went out with me last year just because I'm a junior'', he told you, ''but it just a bet with her friends, to hear me confessing''. You gradually almost dropped your jaw. ''Lastly, she left me, that's why I became so cold to girls''.

 

''But you're not that cold nowadays'', you stated in wonder. He chuckled, ''I thought every girl is the same'', he said, ''except you''. You shrinks you forehead. ''You're so pure'', he complimented. You bowed thankfully. ''I know you like Zelo too''.

 

You lifted your eyes on Yong Guk. ''Who? I mean, what do you mean?'', you nervously questioned him. He chuckled, ''pure people is easy to be read''. You stared on him continuously, you didn't get what he means by that. ''I know you like him, I could see it, even now, you're frustrated enough seeing the two going out''. You, unexpectedly nodded. Yong Guk chuckled seeing you unintentionally confessed.

 

''Anyway, they haven't start yet, you could just run and tell him'', he said. You sighed, ''it's hard, too hard, too much''. He smiled, ''I know, but at least tell him to stay away from Hyosung''. You looked away.

 

*****

 

''Zelo-ah, you seriously going out with Hyosung-unnie?'', you asked him first. You didn't dare to spoke directly. Zelo turned to you, ''will be! Please pray for me~''.

 

You looked away to your notebook. Praying for Zelo's relationship with Hyosung is one of a difficult thing you could do. However, you don't want to disappoint Zelo. So you looked back to him. He's smiling while his eyes looking everywhere. Daydreaming.

 

''Sure, at least that's all I can do as a friend'', you voiced out. If truth is hurting, let the lie healing. Zelo realised your awkwardness towards him. ''Yah, please say it sincerely!'' he exclaimed. You don't say a thing. You remained speechless. ''Yah! Why are you like this?'' he asked again.

 

You turned pale as you received his high voice. ''Ah why~ I caught a cold last night, I can't speak clearly, hachoo!'' you lied. ''Really? Why didn't you tell me earlier?'' he softened. ''HACHOO!'' you lied again, just to avoid answering him. ''Ahhhh~ stay away from me!'' he frowned.

 

''I will'', you said softly. You stand up and leave the class, leaving Zelo alone.

 

*IT WILL BE A 3-SHOTS STORY! (I just decide it :P)