6th Line

Wonders

 

 

"What are we doing?" And here we go again, that is the nth time Jennie ask me that stupid question. Seriously, I told her that everytime we're going out, not to question where we're heading and just trust me wholeheartedly. Does she not trust me after that one time we went to an escape room? It's not my fault the theme that time was horror house! Geez!

 

 

"Pleajeeeee, keep quiet, I am concentrating on driving here. You'll know once we get there!" She slump deep in the passenger seat and pouted. 

 

 

"It better be worth cutting class!" As if she wanted to attend her boring class that she'd been complaining to me about. She even ask me if she can just drop that subject. Not that I'm stopping her, she's in her senior year, she wouldn't wanna miss the chance to finally graduate just because she dropped a minor subject. 

 

 

Speaking of her classes. It's been hectic for us to meet in the middle of the night now that she's a senior. It's either she's at home studying or at the library reading God knows what. To be honest, I've missed her so much that I wanted to curse her stupid school for making her so busy. Grrr! 

 

 

"Why are you brows knitted?" She stared at me a bit confused. Aish, I might have unconsciously frowned. I smiled immediately before she starts worrying about me. 

 

 

"Aigoo, Jennie-ah! Stop worrying about me. And you always catch me with my ugly expressi---OUCH! What was that for?" She hit me hard on my shoulders and gave me her scariest glare. 

 

 

"Stop saying that! YOU. ARE. NOT. UGLY! You,'re the prettiest..." I don't know why but her complimenting me has always been the best feeling I have ever felt. I can take whatever punches or scolding I'm gonna get her as long as she'll end it with her endearing words.

 

 

~

 

 

"FINALLY, WE'RE HERE!" I scream as I opened the door of my car and felt the ocean breeze hit my face. Jennie's agaping mouth made me giggle. The reason why I love doing things for her is to see her surprised look and the amazement that her eyes are displaying everytime.

 

 

"Thank you" I heared her whisper shyly as she walk straight to my side. "You don't know how big of a help you are to me especially now that I'm busy dealing with stuff in the university. All I'm saying is, you're the reason why I'm not giving up."

 

 

"Stop with all the drama. I'm Jisoo, I'm okay." I'm not good with expressing feelings with words. All I know is my actions does it for me. And I hope that Jennie feels it. 

 

 

"Come on! Let's play in the sand! We'll have so much fun!" She grabbed my hands running towards the cold sand. I sure am lucky to have her. At least, my heart is beating...

 

 

Jennie and I are now drawing lines using stick on the sand, "t's been a while since I've been to a beach. You know my situation. My parents are so strict that they would rather see me fast asleep in my room than to go to places like this."

 

 

"I'm just glad I planned this trip. Honestly, it's been hard not having you around...you're the only friend that I have, you know."  I can't look at her in the eye. This feeling has been bugging me for months now. I actually don't know if she's staright or not. And the percentage of successfully having her as my girlfriend is a bit lower compared to ruining our friendship. 

 

 

"Jisoo!" She snaps her fingers in front of me. "You didn't hear what I said?" 

 

 

I awkwardly nod as a response, "Sorry." As she rolled her eyes, I closed my eyes waiting for her to smack me in the head with the stick. But I felt nothing. As soon as I opened my eyes, I saw her walking away from me.

 

 

 

 

 

-----

I have neglected this story for a year now...I'm so so so sorry! I'M BACK! I hope I haven't lost any readers! I'll try to remember the original plot for this story. But for now! I'll try to update as much as I can. Anyway, #HappyJensooDay <3