1st Line

Wonders

 

 

I pulled the car on the freeway in front of your house. As I wait for you to show up, I drank the remaining energy drink that I bought from the nearest convenient store. A text message from you made me look up from the closed windows of your room. The light switches on indicating that you're finally awake and ready to meet up. 

 

 

It has been our bad habit to meet in the middle of the night, go to different places and head back home when the sun rises up. Some nights when we feel like it, we just lay down on top of the car and watch the stars shine. 

 

 

Over the 6 months, since we first met, neither of us have changed. I distinctly remember passing by your house at 2 AM, and I saw you sitting on the pavements, looking restless. 

 

 

 

 

Flashback

 

 

 

 

It's already 1:30 AM and my brain won't let me sleep. It's like, it's functioning on its own. I decided to get some fresh air. An idea popped into my head, I haven't had a proper tour around this village and it has been a year since my parents bought me the house I'm currently staying in. And so, I hopped on my car and started my mini-tour. 

 

 

I am driving slowly, examining every house that I pass by. My eyes looking at all the houses on my left since it's much easier to look at. The moment I turned my gaze on the other side of the road. I saw you sitting on the pavements and I assumed that you were locked out of your own house. I stopped the engine of my car and went to your side. 

 

 

"What does a girl doing at 2 AM outside and alone?" Probably knowing that I'm a girl puts you on relief. But still, you kept mum and silently watched me finally got off of the car. 

 

 

"Can I join you?" Of course, even if we're both girls, I still have manners. Seeing how you nod innocently, I sat down beside you ungracefully. 

 

 

"Do you ever talk? Or you're just really an introvert?" I sighed deeply at your lack of response, it's only been 10minutes and you're already killing me. 

 

 

I let the awkward atmosphere surrounds us since I did almost everything to approach you and nothing worked. I glanced at you for a moment and I gotta admit you're so damn pretty. I continue to ogle at your beautiful face, and I realized you're wearing thin clothes which made you shiver as the cold midnight breeze brush through. 

 

 

Good thing I'm wearing long sleeves underneath my thick jacket. Without saying a word, I hang my jacket around you and maybe that took you by surprise because finally, you gave me your attention and instead of staring at the ground, my gesture made you look at me, "You should at least bring a sweater weather when you're going out." 

 

 

"T-Thank you." It's my first time hearing your voice, saying it's angelic is an understatement. 

 

 

"It's nothing. By the way, I'm Jisoo." I offered you my right hand and you stared at it for a moment, let out a small smile then finally grabs my hand to shake, "Jennie, my name is Jennie." 

 

 

I swear I have never smiled so wide like this in my entire life. And the reason behind it? I am aware that it's about you, it's because of you. 

 

 

 

End of flashback

 

 

 

As you walk your way near my car, I cleaned the remaining trash, loitering on the shotgun of my car, to make room for you to sit on. Seeing your face in the distances, I can already see how scared you are in doing this. It seems like you're still not used to our secret getaways because cautiousness is flustered all over your face.

 

 

"Stop wearing that ugly expression, it never suits you, Jendeuk." I shouted inside my car which earned me a glare from you. The moment you got inside, you continuously hit my arm. It hurts like hell but I didn't complain, I deserve it anyway.

 

 

"If my parents hear you, you'll never get see me again!" And with that, you hit me one last time. 

 

 

"Relax. They won't, let's just enjoy the night like we always do." I smiled reassuringly at you. I started the engine again and we head our way to our destination. 

 

 

 

 

-----

 

AND I'M BACK! WIEEEEEH, my friend wanted me to finish this story because I got the idea from him and I'm just fulfilling my promise. I do hope everyone who reads this will enjoy. :D