Love Notes Part III

Howl At 'Cha

"I'm his alph." Kris told the waiter that Baekhyun had been flirting back and forth with all night. The young guy had the decency to look embarrassed and apologized profusely while Baekhyun just looked motified with his blazing red cheeks. "Nah, don't worry about it." Kris waved off with one hand while his other arm swung around over Baekhyun's shoulders. "He's a flirty omega afterall. I just thought I would mention it before you asked for his number or something."

As soon as the waiter had nodded and scattered off Baekhyun started wailing weak punches to Kris' chest. It was more for affect rather than impact. "You head why would tell him you're my alpha!?" Baekhyun demanded, and Kris must have thought it was the funniest thing in the world because he just started laughing. "I'm serious!" Baekhyun whined before resolving to cross his arms and pout about it. Sometimes when him and Kris were together they forgot everything and everyone else around them

"I didn't say I was your alpha," Kris corrected with a smug grin. "I said I was your alph, which I thought I was since that's what you called me last month. Anyways the guy is younger than Sehun, don't be a cradle robber now."

"For the millionth time I was in a vulnerable, omega place and you're the only alpha who was near that I could trust enough not to take advantage of that. I just wanted that stranger's scent off of me and I needed an alpha to do that since it was an alpha stranger." Baekhyun explained irritably. "If Sehun didn't live on his college campus I would have gone to his place and asked him to scent-mark me instead. He wouldn't be calling me names just 'cause he's jealous the waiter can capture the attention of a cute omega like me." Baekhyun's tone was sour now but Kris seemed like he didn't mind that one bit. 

"So you're telling me that the only reason you nearly slipped and called me alpha like that was because you were in an almost helpless omega state of mind?"

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "For the last ing time, yes." 

Kris leaned in closed to Baekhyun's face. "Which is why I have never said I'm your alpha. I said I'm your alph." And then everyone at the table started laughing, except Baekhyun who was muttering a quiet I hate you to Kris, to which the older caught and replied with, "I'd believe you if you stopped demanding me to mark ya every few days," Kris winked then before taking a sip of his beer. "And if you weren't swimming in my hoodie right now that you stole from me."

"What do you need it for? You have lots clean clothes! I haven't done laundry in weeks." Baekhyun grumbled an excuse even he knew was lame. 

"Hm, sounds awfully like something an alph would do for their partner is lend them clothes when one is to lazy to do laundry themselves." Kris taunted. 

"I'm not lazy," Baekhyun sniffed. "I just haven't found the time to get it done." 

"Excuses." Kris snorts. "But that's okay, as your loving and devote alph I will make sure my laundry always get done regularly so my wardrobe is open for you to raid when needed." 

"You're so stupid and annoying." Baekhyun complained. Meanwhile all of Kris and Baekhyun's friends noticed that Kris' arm was still wraped around Baekhyun's shoulders. 

 


 

After dinner everyone decided to go out to a club to continue drinking, and for some to dance. This time Baekhyun made sure to pace his drinking, and only dance with his friends and no strangers. He kept close to Sehun, who was an alpha, when other alphas got a little too close. Baekhyun wasn't entirely sure why but lately since the incident with the total stranger scent-marking him, Baekhyun wasn't willing to get close to too many unfamiliar alphas. 

"I'm a little hot, gonna go sit for a minute!" Baekhyun informed his friends. Yixing, Sehun, Minseok, and Suho all nodded and waved him off, Baekhyun made his way back to the table where everyone else was sitting and chatting and drinking when he stopped short. There were a couple unknown omegas hanging around the table now, and Baekhyun wasn't exactly surprised because there was two unmated betas and two unmated alphas so it was like a freaking honey trap of a table. But what Baekhyun was surprised about was that anger coiling in the pit of his stomach from watching Kris smile at one of the omegas. Baekhyun stomped the rest of the way over to the table and when he got there he went from annoyed to shy. Instead of causing a scene about Kris smiling to another omega, Baekhyun began to question why that bothered him so much in the first place. 

"Excuse me..." Baekhyun said barely loud enough to be heard over the loud music being played in the club. The omega that Kris was just smiling at previously turned to look at Baekhyun. Baekhyun said nothing else before he slipped past her and climbed over Kris to the available spot in the booth beside him. Baekhyun didn't say anything as he picked up someone's full beer and chugged it. 

"Ohhh Baek!" Jongdae cackled. 

"You okay?" Kyungsoo asked with furrowed brows. Baekhyun simply shrugged before pouring himself another glass of beer from the pitcher. 

Chanyeol was animately chatting to the omegas and they all look very interested in his story as well as Kris, but the tall alpha managed to sneak a glance over to the familiar omega beside him that appeared to be trying to drink away sorrows. When Kris noticed Baekhyun reach out to polish off the pitcher with his fourth glass of beer in the last ten minutes Kris decided he should probably be the one to cut him off because Chanyeol was paying no mind to his cousin, Kyungsoo was a heavy drinker and just figured everyone had as much of a tolerance as he did, and Jongdae was a bastard who encouraged others to get ed up for the benefit of Jongdae laughing about it.

Instead of just pushing the glass away or telling Baekhyun that he's probably had enough, Kris just swooped in and took the glass of beer from Baekhyun's hand and chugged it. Once finished Kris put the glass down nonchantly but noticed the annoyance etched into Baekhyun's face. 

"Bastard." The now well-intoxicated omega grumbled. 

"You drank my glass when you got here," Kris reasoned with a genuine smile. The alpha wasn't sure why but even when Baekhyun was being a little he found the omega's company enjoyable. 

"I needed it more than you." Baekhyun shot back unhappily. 

"Just like how you needed my hoodie huh?" Kris teased after reaching over and tugging on the fabric. 

Baekhyun swatted the older's hands away before responding. "You're so annoying." He stressed with an eye roll. 

"All apart of your alph's charm." Kris winked but then noticed Baekhyun seemed to get a little dizzy, from the way that he swayed after rolling his eyes. Assuming all that beer was finally hitting him the alpha swung an arm around Baekhyun's shoulders and tucked the smaller man into his side. "Such a high maintenance omega." Kris clucked his tongue playfully. "Doesn't even know how much alcohol he can tolerate." 

 


 

Baekhyun woke with a start and ran for the toilet, letting loose all the contents in his stomach. He groaned. He clutched his forehead and whimpered and then puked some more. When he was finished he rinsed his mouth out and started to brush his teeth, looking up at the mirror he noticed a sticky note with messy writing scawled on it.

To be clear, I did your laundry so I can get back my favorite hoodie. And I made you hangover soup because I knew you'd be not only miserable today but starving. Next time talk about your feelings with your alph instead of drinking yourself stupid! -Kris

Baekhyun wanted to die at that moment as he wondered if Kris had started fitting puzzle pieces together and figured out that Baekhyun may have been haboring the tiniest of crushes on the man these past couple of months...

 

 

 

author;s note: probably not gonna do i think haha thats a hassle to write lmaooo