Love Notes Part I

Howl At 'Cha

Baekhyun stormed his way to his apartment building where he knew the bastard he was looking for would be at this time. Baekhyun pounded on his stupid neighbor's door and waited impatiently for the older to answer. When the door finally swung open, Baekhyun opened his mouth to start shouting. 

"You mothering prick! How many times do I have to tell you? You---"

"Hello Baekhyun, let me guess. You're here 'cause Kris did something dumb again and it has interfered with your life?" Yixing's calm demeanor and charming smile helped to soothe Baekhyun's hostility but the shorter man still was fuming.

"He's home isn't he? Just too much of a chicken to answer the door because he knew I was coming to kill him." Despite Baekhyun's hostile words the man sported a gentle grin. 

Yixing nodded his head. "Yeah, he's here. In the shower actually. You wanna wait around 'til he gets out? I'm cooking dinner now and we're supposed to have some friends over for game night," Yixing offered with a persuasive tone. "You are always more than welcome to join." 

"Man you know I survive on instant ramen and take-out. Maybe I'll let your head of a flatmate survive one more day." Baekhyun chuckled. Yixing was an amazing chef and to pass up any chance to eat his cooking was like mortal sin.  

"Thank you," Yixing said as Baekhyun made his way inside the apartment. "I need his half of the rent next week so if you could control yourself 'til then even, that would be awesome." 

"We'll see if that jughead has enough sense to go rectify his mistake before then, that's his only chance to survive my wrath!"

Yixing tried his hardest to suppress his desire to laugh, so instead he grinned and asked Baekhyun what his flatmate has done this time to elicit such rage. 

"He sabotaged my relationship with Jaehyuk! He stood me on our last scheduled date and now he won't return any of my calls! Kris did something, I know he did, so now I am here to demand him to fix it," Baekhyun huffed. Folding his arms, Baekhyun sat down on the couch with a definite pout forming on his lips. "It was going so well with him too. I thought for sure he was going to ask me to be his omega soon..." 

Yixing frowned and gave the other an apologetic pat on the arm. Yixing understood omegas had a natural desire to be claimed by someone, but it was hard for the beta to relate. For Yixing the thought of settling down with anyone was too demanding and serious. Relationships required a lot of work. 

"Hey Xing, buddy?" Kris' voice suddenly called from down the hallway, it getting louder as he got closer. "I forgot to stop by the liquor store after work so I'm gonna head there now. You need anythi--- Oh hey Baekhyun, you joining us tonight?"

Baekhyun stood up abruptly, a firm frown in place and narrowed eyes glaring at the tall, shirtless man. "YOU!" Baekhyun accused with a pointed finger. "You made another guy dump me!" 

Kris snorted then before he resumed towel-drying his hair. It infuriated Baekhyun how good the older looked in nothing on but jeans and how the water drops still clinging to Kris' torso only highlighted his abs. 

"Well? What do you have to say for yourself?" Baekhyun prompted after staring for nearly a minute.

"Baek," Kris sighed as he stopped drying his hair and drapped the towel over his shoulders. "What makes you think you being dumped is my fault?" For a second Baekhyun became unnerved. Kris stared into his eyes with a pseudo look of innocence that was so good it even almost convinced Baekhyun. But Baekhyun wasn't born yesterday and he wasn't going to fall for it. 

"Oh please!" Baekhyun growled. "Last year you scent-marked me, keeping all alphas within sniffing range clear off my radar for a week!"

"I said I was sorry for that a thousand times! You said that that creepy guy at work wouldn't leave you alone and I thought that was your way of asking me to make sure he never bothered you again," Kris defended. But Baekhyun just continued to list other instances of Kris interfering with his love life.

"Eight months ago you told the man I was seeing that you were glad I had found someone to finiacially support my shopping addiction."

"It was just a joke! How was I supposed to know his last three relationships were with gold diggers!"

"Five months ago you punched the lights out of Minho," Baekhyun put his hand on his hip.

"I thought he was a burglar! Who leaves someone's apartment at four in the morning tiptoeing around?!"

"For the last time he is a news anchor that goes on at six in the morning! He tiptoed because I asked him not to wake me up as he stepped out!" Baekhyun fired back. "Two months ago," Baekhyun held up two fingers to exaggerate his point. "You snapped an incriminating photo of me sleeping here and then posted it online, making Teddy from work not want to go out for drinks with me."

"I really don't think you sleeping on my lap is all that incriminating," Kris rolled his eyes. 

"It doesn't matter what you think!" Baekhyun hollered and stomped his foot. "Who gave you the right to take that photo in the first place?! And who gave you permission to post it, huh?!" 

"You're the one who insisted staying here for movie night, even though you were exhausted. And last I checked I was the one who was threathened if I didn't let you sit in my chair with me. You forced your way to sit next to me---"

"I didn't want to sit on the floor!" 

"Yeah well, I didn't want to be cramped for the rest of the movie so I moved you onto my lap. You're the one who got all snuggly and decided to cling to me like a baby koala!" 

The two continued the screaming match even as their mutual friends started to arrive. 

"What are the lovers fighting about this time?" Minseok asked as he set down the bag of alcohol he'd picked up along the way because Yixing texted him saying that Kris wasn't going to be going out any time soon. 

"Eh, to my understanding Kris scared off another potential lover of Baekhyun's and he's rightfully pissed about it. Lately Baekhyun's been more determined about finding a mate since his little sister's wedding and Kris has been working the overtime to ensure no gets close to claiming him." Yixing explained. 

"Why doesn't Kris just tell Baekhyun how he feels?" Chanyeol chimed in.

Yixing snorts. "He says its a pride thing, when they first met Baekhyun insulted Kris somehow and Kris says he's not gonna confess until he gets Baekhyun begging to be his omega."

"They're both idiots," Jongdae mutters before sneaking some food. 

"Hey!" Yixing swats at the younger's hands. "Wait 'til everyone is seated."

Jongdae grins. "But baby, what if I don't want to? Actually, what if I want to skip dinner all together and go straight for dessert?" Jongdae's hands slide over Yixing's hips and pulls the older closer for a chaste kiss on the cheek.  

"Ew," Yixing scrunches up his face. "Are you even sanitary? When's the last time you brushed your teeth?" Yixing pushes Jongdae away and starts to move food to the table. 

"Baaabyy!" Jongdae whines and stomps his feets after being ignored. 

"Someone handle that brat, and someone else break up the two idiots in the middle of their in my living room." Yixing orders as he continues his tasks at hand. 

"He's never going to show interest in you if you keep behaving like you're in high school." Minseok advises his little brother before stepping off to break up Kris and Baekhyun's bickering. 

"Again, how is it my fault that you keep dating losers?" Kris demands with folded arms over his bare chest. 

"I do not date losers!" Baekhyun defended. "Anyways it isn't any of your business whom I date so you just go call Jaehyuk and tell him that you were only making up stuff about me because you can't stand anyone else in the world to be happy!"

"For the last time Baekhyun!" Kris threw up his arms exasperated. "I didn't say anything to him! He works part time in the hotel, I hardly see the guy!"

"Well you had to have done something!" 

"Maybe Jaehyuk just realized how difficult you are to deal with and decided to cut his losses. I couldn't blame him!" 

"You're such a ing bastard!" 

Kris rolled his eyes. "I may be a bastard but I'm the only alpha bastard that's willing to put up with a high-maintenance omega like you."

"Excuse me?!"

"You heard me omega. Now cut the and just admit that you actually came over here because you wanted to sob to me how yet another alpha didn't stick around and you want to take it out on me, AKA the only alpha who does stick around."

Baekhyun's face was red and for a moment speechless. With balled up fists by his sides no one was sure if this time he was actually going to punch Kris in the face or not. 

"What? Can't get the words to come out right?" Kris taunted smugly. "Here I'll help, I think the words you are looking for are," but Kris was interrupted by Baekhyun mumbling something. "Sorry, what was that?"

"Chanyeol." Baekhyun said firmly. Upon seeing Kris' confusion, amongst everyone else's in the room (especially Chanyeol), Baekhyun continued. "Chanyeol's an alpha and he's been around in my life way before you!" 

After hearing the other's explanation Kris merely snorted. "Yeah and he's your cousin. So I don't think he's trying to be your alpha." 

"And, and so what?!" Baekhyun was so frustrated and fed up, he just wanted to go to bed now. "Are you finally admitting though that you keep scaring away all my prospective partners because you want to be my alpha?!" 

Kris flashed a salacious grin. "Sure, I wouldn't mind claiming you if you begged me. You do have a pretty fine ."

Baekhyun growled. "You're the ing worst person I have ever had the displeasure of knowing! I hope to never see your ugly face again!" He began stomping his way to the door and started to put on his shoes. "And for 's sake put a damn shirt on when you have company over, you indecent er!" With his last word out Baekhyun slammed the front door.

 


 

Baekhyun flopped onto his bed as soon as he got out of his shower, feeling refreshed but still pretty annoyed with Kris. And starving because he never got to eat Yixing's delicious food. Baekhyun picked up his phone with plans to order some take-out for the third night that week, but noticed he had a text from one of his friends. 

 

From Satansoo 8:17

wanna go to a club tonight? i heard about jaehyuk from suho

 

Baekhyun sighed, he worked with both Suho and Kyungsoo and the former could never not tell Kyungsoo something. Suho was an omega like Baekhyun, but Kyungsoo was a beta and being the only non-omega Suho really spent any time with the guy kind of clung to the other. One would think they were mates at first but then they would notice how Suho only ever looked at Kyungsoo with botherly affection whereas Kyungsoo most likely just enjoyed the ego boost he got from a soft omega being submissive around him all the time. 

 

Nah thanks, maybe 2morrow? I just showered and got dressed in sweats

Baekhyun sent a text back, and recieved a response quickly. 

 

From Satansoo 8:20

okay no problem 

 

From Satansoo 8:21

do you want me to break one of jaehyuk's legs?

 

Baekhyun chuckled when he recieved that second message, and the two young men messaged back and forth for a while before Kyungsoo wished Baekhyun a good night. Baekhyun had decided pizza could do for dinner and was just about to call in an order when someone started knocking at his front door. 

"Who's there?" Baekhyun called as he approached. No one answered so Baekhyun skeptically looked through the peephole, which had no one there. Normally this is the part where someone shrugs and goes back to bed, but Baekhyun couldn't help his curiousity and knowing that there is a security downstairs for his building opened his door to stick his head out and checked the hallway. "Hellloooo?" Baekhyun called looking both ways before he looked down and saw a plate of food wrapped up with a note attached. 

I'm sorry if you still think that it's my fault you and Jaehyuk didn't work. He's a tool, and not that it has anything to do with you, probably got bored or found someone else. I'm sure, despite how high maintenance we both know you to be, that it's your gain he's gone. Honestly you date exclusively losers, so I won't take any more offense to you not begging ME to claim you. You must see me as out of your league huh? ;)  

Anyways I know you can't cook to save your life, so if you haven't ordered out already, eat this. -Kris 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes but kept a small smile. Kris was always quick to make amends and apologize after fights, and he was smart enough to usually apologize with food. Baekhyun decided tomorrow he'll stop by to apologize for assuming Kris had something to do with Jaehyuk's sudden disinterest.

 

 

author's note: Should I make this rated M and include ? opinions pleaseeee <3 

ps i no longer want to edit things sooo there's that now haha sorry