Love Notes Part II

Howl At 'Cha

Kris stumbled his way out of his bedroom to the sound of pounding on his front door. Usually Kris was a decently heavy sleeper, but Yixing honestly could sleep through the apocalypse and this person was persistent. 

"I'm coming!" Kris called. "What's up?" Kris answered as he tried to rub the sleep out of his eyes. 

"You scent-marked me last night you motherer! I reek of alpha and---"

"Baekhyun please, for the love of all that is holy, please stop shouting." Kris pleaded as he held his forehead and groaned. He must have drank too much last night.

"Kris you ! What the hell happened? I demand answers!" Baekhyun pushed pass the taller and entered the apartment with folded arms. His demeanor said that he wasn't leaving 'til he had answers.

"It's been a couple weeks hasn't it? I figured we were due for a fight sooner or later. All right Baekhyun, what is it you're screamin' about this mornin'?" Kris also folded his arms as he leaned back on his now closed front door. He looked tired, tired but relaxed and that pissed off Baekhyun even more. 

"I want to know why I woke up this morning, passed out on my bathroom floor and smelling like an alpha." Baekhyun glared accusing daggers at Kris.

"You think it was me who scent-marked you?" Kris raised a brow at the younger. 

"Yes," Baekhyun nodded firmly. "Yes I do." 

"Why?" Kris chuckled humorlessly. "After the whining you gave me a year ago when I did that to help you, I learned my lesson not to." 

"You didn't help me by doing that!"

Kris shrugged. "It was misguided and bad judgement on my part but I was trying to help you last year. But I promised then that I wouldn't do that ever again so..."

"So why did you?!" Baekhyun demanded. 

Kris rolled his eyes. "I just told you I didn't do it. Were you seriously so plastered last night you don't remember who marked you?" Baekhyun scowled at that but did not answer, and it occured to Kris that this was the wrong way to go about things because no matter what Kris said now Baekhyun would still think it was him who did it. "Baek, sniff your shirt." 

"What?" 

"Sniff. Your. Shirt." Kris enuciated as he pointed to the tight, black tee shirt Baekhyun had worn to the club last night. Hesitantly Baekhyun sniffed the fabric, and then after a few whiffs he began really inhaling it with clear confusion. "Does it smell like me to you?" Kris asked. 

"N-No..." Baekhyun mumbled, confusion and now unsureness written all over his face.

"So what does that tell you?" Kris prompted as he rubbed his face. 

"That... That it wasn't you who scent-marked me last night." Baekhyun answered in a very quiet voice. He kept his head down after that, before he asked in an even quietier voice, "If not you then who..."

"Baek, you were pounding back shot after shot with Kyungsoo. You spent a lot of the night on the dancefloor. You probably just grinded with an overzealous and overeager alpha that was just as intoxicated as you and he lost a little control over himself and marked ya. By the looks of it you haven't bathed yet," Baekhyun scrunched his face and gave Kris such a dirty look that the taller felt obligated to explain what he meant. "You're still in the clothes you went out in and your eye liner is completely smudged, pardon me for noticing. Anyways, I'm sure with a shower the guy's scent will be all gone. Maybe it'll linger for a day or two if he was really eager." Kris yawned then as he pushed himself away from the front door and opened it. "Okay? Can I go back to sleep now please?" 

Baekhyun wasn't sure why he was feeling upset now, but he nodded his head silently and walked out of his neighbor's apartment. 

When he got inside his own apartment Baekhyun tore off his shirt and chucked it into the trash, before making his way to his bathroom and turning on the water. Baekhyun stripped and stepped inside just as the the bathroom got entirely steamy. Baekhyun doesn't know if he's ever scrubbed his skin so hard in his life, and he doesn't know if he was really crying or not because the water was spraying in his face. Baekhyun felt dirty, he didn't think he should have been scent-marked by some stranger at the club. 

 


 

"Yixing," Baekhyun whimpered once the beta opened the door. 

"Baekhyun, what's wrong?" Yixing ushered the younger man into his apartment and looked at him with great concern. It was late Sunday and Yixing hadn't heard from the other since Friday night when just about everyone who knew Minseok went out to the club to celebrate the man's birthday. 

"I-Is, uh, is Kris here?" Baekhyun asked nervously before biting his lower lip. 

"Huh--" Yixing was caught off-gaurd because usually if Baekhyun was asking for Kris he did it angrily. "O-Oh! Yeah, yeah he is! In his bedroom. I, I'll go get him! Just, here sit down. Make yourself comfortable." Yixing insisted before rushing out of the room. The man was decently flustered seeing the normally loud Baekhyun out of character. 

Kris came out a minute later without Yixing, Baekhyun figured the man was trying to be considerate. 

"Okay, what did I do this time?" Kris asked half-jokingly as he approached. He noticed immediately however that Baekhyun stayed seated and did not jump up screaming at Kris with a long list of accusations. "Woah, uhm..." Kris wasn't sure what to say now that he got a clear glimpse of Baekhyun's sullen face. The younger man looks wrecked, both exhausted and vulnerable. Kris has never seen the other look this way before. "What's going on Baekhyun? Why are you here?"

Baekhyun's lips quivered, as if he was about to cry, but the man swallowed his forming tears and spoke softly. "Could, could you... Uh..." Baekhyun was hesitant, and after a few beats of silence it became apparent he wouldn't be able to get out verbally so instead Baekhyun reached for Kris' hand and tugged him to sit down on the chair beside him.

It was Kris' chair, the one that Kris claims is too small for two people but Baekhyun always says he doesn't care he won't sit on the floor. But right now no one else was here so the entire couch was available, but Baekhyun still chose to sit in Kris' chair and the latter didn't protest this time. 

"Could you do me a favor?" Baekhyun whispered after a long minute of silence.

Kris didn't even have to think about it, seeing Baekhyun like this made him so uncomfortable to the point he would prefer the smaller man to be red in the face and spewing empty threats. Kris felt like he'd do just about anything to fix Baekhyun. "Sure." 

"Okay..." Baekhyun whispered then, before he started to remove his shirt. Kris' eyes widened but before Kris got a chance to question what the other thought he was doing Baekhyun was working on removing Kris' shirt. At first Kris showed some resistance, but then the quiet plea came from Baekhyun's lips. All it took was the broken-sounding "Please." and Kris allowed Baekhyun to manhandle him any which way the younger wanted. 

Bare chest pressed to bare chest, Baekhyun straddled Kris and snuggled his face in close to Kris' neck. When Kris noticed Baekhyun shiver slightly he reached behind and grabbed the blanket on the back of the chair and then drapped it over the two of them. The simple action sprung more tears to Baekhyun's eyes but instead of fighting to choke them down this time Baekhyun let himself whimper and opened the flood gates. 

"What's going on Baekhyun? Talk to me." Kris spoke after a couple minutes of him holding unto Baekhyun and letting the smaller sob the entire time. "Take your time, but you gotta talk to me Baek." 

It was a few more minutes before Baekhyun finally calmed down enough to explain his bizarre behavior. 

"Ijustwantyourscentonme." Baekhyun muttered. 

"What was that?"

Baekhyun took a deep breath before he said a bit louder, "I just want your scent on me..." 

"Oh." Kris was speechless. "Uh, okay..." 

"Do you mind if I take a nap like this?" Baekhyun inquired. "I wasn't able to sleep much last night."

"I was gonna watch the soccer match, mind if I turn that on first?" When Baekhyun shook his head Kris squeezed the smaller tighter to himself before leaning forward to grab the remote off the table. "Okay, um, go ahead and rest. I won't cheer loudly or anything." 

"Thank you alph---Kris..." Baekhyun corrected himself before he could finish, but the other man still caught the minor slip-up of submission from Baekhyun. But Kris didn't say anything about it. 

 


 

When Baekhyun woke up he was not on Kris' lap, nor was he in Kris' chair, or even in Kris' apartment. Baekhyun checked the time and discovered it was a little after ten, then he cursed because it was a little after ten and he needed to be at work in less than eleven hours. Then Baekhyun noticed a note nearby on his bed, and picked it up.

Boy, did you sure pass the out on me and growl pretty fiercely when I tried to wake you. I DO expect an explanation later, but I can be patient for it when you are ready. I'm not sure when you'll wake up but if you're hungry and in the mood for some stir fry I put a container of it in the fridge. I cooked it so it's not going to be as good as Yixing's, don't complain or I'll be sure everyone sees the pictures Yixing took of us. They are more suggestive than the ones I took! -Your "Alph" ;)

Baekhyun's cheeks were burning, but instead of crumbling up the note and throwing it away he set it down gently on his nightstand. 

While Baekhyun was heating up the food Kris had made, he sniffed his shirt that Kris must've put back on him. It smelled so much like Kris that it brought a small, satisfied smile to the young man's face. 

And the following day at work Kyungsoo was leaning over Baekhyun's shoulder to help with something when he had made the offhand comment about Baekhyun dating someone new, because according to Kyungsoo no alpha is coming near Baekhyun for at least a week but probably more because whoever Baekhyun was with clearly was marking his territory. And Baekhyun swears his face had never hurt from smiling so wide in his life, but he also swears that it wasn't because of Kris. Oh no, definitely not because of him. 

 

 

 

 

author's note: hmm was going to wrap up these two during this chapter but I wanted to drag them out a little more cause their so cute to me <3 what do you geniuses think?

once again I don't really "edit" so if there's any major mistakes just let me know lmao