families

12 days of Christmas drabbles
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Jimin, sit down with me?” Yoongi said, and pat the spot next to him on the couch. “Why, is something wrong?” Jimin asked, suddenly feeling anxious. “No, love, everything is okay. We just need to talk about Christmas…” Yoongi said carefully.
“What about it? You won’t be here?” Jimin asked again. “No, of course I am here, where else would I be?” Yoongi ruffled Jimin’s hair lightly.

“My parents, they asked me if I wanted to celebrate with them. They’ve invited hyung as well, but they’re also inviting you and Jae Hee.” Yoongi explained. “Oh, really? They’re inviting me?” Jimin was a bit confused.

He’d met Yoongi’s parents once before, when they’d visited Yoongi in Seoul on his birthday. The older had proudly introduced Jimin as his boyfriend, and he’d been welcomed warmly by the Min family.

Yoongi had come out to his parents before turning 20, before meeting Jimin. After the years of deep depression he had been in, his parents’ perspective of priorities changed entirely. They were far too grateful to still have Yoongi in their lives, to even think of rejecting their son over such a thing. They didn’t understand their son’s uality at first, but seeing their him grow up not any different from how he had been before, they forgot their worries about it altogether. Instead, when Jimin came into Yoongi’s life, they were more than grateful for the sunshine boy next to their son’s side.

 

Jimin had a hard time believing all of this, because Jimin

Please log in to read the full chapter