you're safe

12 days of Christmas drabbles
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yoongi didn’t even take his shoes off when he came home, instead he took big strides towards the kitchen where he could hear Jimin rummaging around.

Jimin was about to start cooking dinner when he heard the door shut, but before he could even yell a “welcome home” Yoongi was already pulling him into his arms. Although surprised, Jimin couldn’t comment on it, as Yoongi was shaking so violently. “Yoongs, what’s wrong?” he asked softly, as he wrapped his arms around Yoongi more tightly.

Yoongi merely shook his head and buried his nose deeper into Jimin’s hair, inhaling the younger’s scent. “Hyung, you’re scaring me, what’s wrong?” He tried again.

“I almost died…” he finally let out. Yoongi felt Jimin’s hands hold onto the fabric of his hoodie even tighter before continuing, “a car nearly hit me while I was crossing the street. I’ve never been so scared, Jimin, the sound of the brakes was so loud.. They were so close.”

Jimin’s heart physically hurt at the thought of Yoongi dying, or even getting hurt in an accident. He couldn’t begin to imagine how that moment must have been for Yoongi.

“I was just deep in thought while walking home, and suddenly I heard the car hitting its brakes. I’ve never been scared of dying Jimin… But -… But the thought of not getting all my time with you scares me so much…” Yoongi let out a shaky breath.

“Hyung…” Jimin’s voice sounded so small, he realized it too. He knew he couldn’t let all these scary th

Please log in to read the full chapter