Circa 2008

Circa 2008
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Loud heavy pants, thick stench of sweat and body odor, loud chattering and a sound of squeaky shoes of the dancers practicing resonates the small practice room in the YG building.

 

Bigbang’s next studio album and comeback stage date is fast approaching so it’s just right that the members are spending most of their time either in the recording booth or the dance studio if they don’t want to receive a good amount of scolding or a flying slipper from the president.

 

They just finished another round of practice and their choreographer, seeing the improvements, gave them a good 15-minute break unlike the usual 5 minutes.

 

Bom and Sandara are no strangers in the practice room for they also spend most of their time there as they are trainees vying for a place to debut under YG’s upcoming girl group.

 

It was the girl’s day-off so they decided to visit their sunbaes –as they are lowkey fans of them- as well as friends to show their support.

 

They’ve been sitting for a while now by the corner of the practice room where the benches are situated.

 

As soon as the choreographer dismissed them, Jiyong, TOP and youngbae approached the two girls planning to spend the break time to chat with them while daesung dragged Seungri to the other corner facing the mirror and asked the latter to teach him the steps he finds difficult to execute and the young boy gladly complied and helped his hyung.

 

TOP was about to sit on Dara’s left side since on her right was Bom, but he suddenly felt air whizzed past him almost shoving him off. It was so fast and so strong that he almost stumbled.

 

“Oh. Sorry hyung. I didn’t mean to startle you” someone called out to him and it was none other than Kwon Jiyong who was already sitting beside Dara who nudged him for almost toppling his hyung off.

 

“ Ya, that was not nice” Dara softly berated Jiyong while giving him a bottled water, earning a pout from the boy but grinned right after receiving the bottle and thanked her meekly.

 

“ No, it’s okay noona. I thought a ghost just passed by me” TOP answered and decided to settle on the floor facing the four and in an exaggerated manner, shivered while looking around in wide eyes as if something’s about to attack him.

 

“Ya! Don’t joke around like that” commonly known as the scaredy-cat, Park Bom shouted at him but TOP just rolled his eyes… Youngbae was just chuckling beside her while reaching the bottled waters –that he got from Bom’s plastic bag- to TOP and the maknaes.

 

While sipping on his bottled water, TOP was listening to Bom’s story about a trainee she doesn’t like and how they almost had a TINY cat fight. Youngbae was just listening to her and laughing from time to time. He glanced at jiyong and dara’s side wondering what the two were doing not joining bom’s story-telling.

 

With piercing eyes and notorious observing skills, TOP noticed how the two seemed a little further from the group than earlier and his suspicions was verified when he saw Jiyong ‘surreptitiously’ scooting farther whilst pulling dara’s wrists  eventually reaching by the corner of the room as if wanting her attention all by himself. They were also talking in low voices.

 

TOP decided to observe the two further and got surprised when Jiyong boldly reached over dara’s right hand that’s holding a pink towel and brought both of their towel-clad hands to his forehead and neck to wipe his sweat off.

 

TOP’s POV

‘ Is this a normal thing for those two? Are they dating already? ‘ I snorted at my own thoughts. Took jiyong a while to realize his feelings though. To be honest I’ve never seen him like this towards a girl. He was quite the ladies man back then. He flirted a little bit but he never dated or took them seriously. He never had time for serious relationships for he was so focused on practicing and honing his song-writing skills.

 

But now, I’m seeing him on a different light. He is so attentive towards this certain noona. He doesn’t even call her noona!

 

“ She doesn’t look like a noona to me and it doesn’t feel right calling her that”

 

That’s what he said when I was able to corner him back then. That punk. Little did I know, he already has his own secret agenda with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter