Her Promise

Pink Roses [SMA 120119]

The young man could not hide his excitement. That was not because their recently victory awards. Okay, may be it was because their awards, but it maybe just about 50%. And what caused to his real excitement was the effect of their victory and he might say that was his personal victory.

+++++

[FLASH BACK]

He was playing his Starcraft at their exchanging room. He was so preoccupied that he did not realize a younger woman had approached and greeted him. The young lady then sat beside him and watched him playing game. After couple minutes, she voiced out her curiosity.

“Oppa, why are you playing games every time and every where?”

He jerked a little because he just realized her presence, “Oh, you Joohyun-ah.  Oppa played games because Oppa love it so much. Don’t forget that Oppa’s nickname is ‘GameKyu’.”

“Oppa, game is not good for your health. You should rest to recharge your energy than wasting your time playing games. Don’t you know that someone died after playing Starcraft for two days because he didn’t sleep?”

“But I will be sick if I’m not playing games.”

“So Oppa will never stop playing games???”

He stopped playing and thinking for a moment.

“Hmm... I have said before that I will not playing games again if I have girlfriend.”

“O...”

-silence-

“Hmmm... Hyunnie-ah.”

“Neh oppa?”

“How about this? I will quit playing games if you agree to be my girlfriend.”

Her face became so pale. She was so shocked and stuttered, “O..Oppa, what did you say?”

She stunned because his words.

He taken  aback because her response. He scared that she would cry or reject his offer. His mind thought faster.

“Let’s see. How about this? If Super Junior win in Seoul Music Awards, you will agree going out with me for dinners, and I will stop playing games for a month? How about that?”

“....”

“Okay, okay, three months for three dates? Deal?”

“But Oppa...”

“Come on Hyunnie. I promise that I will stop playing games for three months and who knows may be I can totally quit it later. But if you are not supervising me, I think I cann’t make it. Don’t you want to help me?” He made a sad face and bowed his head.

That words really made her defense collapsed. Her innocent mind and kindness heart disturbed by a chance to help someone who needed her supports, even though she really did not like the idea to have a date with man. Maybe with that, I can help Oppa quit playing.

“O.. Okay Oppa. But you promise that you will stop playing. And I will do it just if you win.” But there is still a chance that we can win the award. God, please make we win. She silently closed her eyes and prayed.

“Gomawo Hyunnie-ah.” The young man hide his smirk before the young woman realized it.

[END OF FLASHBACK]

+++++