I will

For me (Updated)

 

“Gosh, what was I thinking?”

 

“You mean your acceding to my request or… thinking I was gonna say ‘Will you…’”

 

“Argh! I must be out of my mind.”

 

“Ha! But hey, don’t you think your phobia is a bit illogical, given the fact that you’re not even afraid of your own height? Hahaha!”

 

“You- Hmph!” Nana stomped off.

 

“Okay, I’m sorry, I was just kidding!” Jooyeon went up to stop Nana and saw that she was giving her usual pout.

 

“Smile? Pretty please, with the cherry on top?”

 

“…”

 

Spotting the hesitant look in Nana’s eyes, Jooyeon felt her heart melt.

 

“I’ll be here, alright?” She held Nana’s hand in hers and kissed it.

 

“But…”

 

“But since we’re here already, why not give it a go?”

 

“Huh… what, we’re here already?!” Nana jumped in revelation and glanced at her surroundings.

 

Buildings, the sky, trees, clouds, and more clouds.

 

“No Joo, I can’t do this!”

 

“You’ll be alright, it’ll be over before you know it. Give yourself a chance to overcome your fear, okay?” Jooyeon smiled and lightly pinched the cheeks of her beloved.

 

With that Nana mustered the courage and put on the needed gear.

 

You can do it, Im Jin Ah.

 

*

 

As Nana glanced down, she couldn’t help but tremble.

 

“Joo, I’m scared.”

 

“Jooo..”

 

“Joo?”

 

Nana turned to see that Jooyeon was gone.

 

“Joo?!”

 

“Miss Nana, your friend said that she had something to attend to and left. But she said that you must complete your jump.” The person in charge said.

 

“What?! She left?!”

 

“Yes, Miss.”

 

“Then there’s no way I’m going to do this.”

 

“I’m afraid you have to.”

 

“Make me.”

 

“Well given that you’ve already stood here for a good old twenty minutes, excluding the five minutes of preparation, I’m afraid you have to, unless you wish to incur the wrath of the ten odd people behind you, and take responsibility for our possible losses.”

 

“You! Fine!”

 

Lee Jooyeon you’ll get it from me later!

Five minutes later…

 

“Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!”

 

“I never knew Nana could whistle, haha!”

 

 “Haha! But hey, you ready?” Uee asked.

 

“Yeah, haha.” Jooyeon grinned.

 

*

 

“Oh god, oh my…”

 

Nana opened her eyes; Earth came to view and…

 

A banner saying ‘Will you marry me?’.

 

Nana was at a complete loss for words and her mind went blank.

 

Is that really for me?

 

In shock, she took a closer look at the banner after being released. Indeed it read ‘Will you marry me?’. And that was when she saw her.

 

“Nana, will you marry me?” Jooyeon went down on one knew and in her hand was the ring Nana had waited for. There was nothing else other than the banner – no roses signifying ‘I love you’, no grandiose decorations, no extravagance. There was just her.

 

“Yes..” Nana blushed and nodded shyly in joy.

 

“Yay!” Jooyeon leaped in joy.

 

And they shared a hug, a hug of love and happiness, a hug which told them how much they loved each other.

 

But like the say, happiness comes and goes like the wind.

 

“Joo, I thought you had something to attend to?”

 

“Yup. Isn’t this something I needed to attend to?”

 

“Yea, haha.” Nana smiled, but still, she felt that there was something amiss.

 

“Wait.”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“You didn’t jump.”

 

“I didn’t what?”

 

“Bungee jump!”

 

“Oh that! How was it?” Jooyeon tried to divert Nana’s attention.

 

“Don’t try to-“

 

“Hey Joo! Congrats!” Uee came over, but saw that Jooyeon’s eyelids were twitching oddly.

 

“Why, is there something wrong?”

 

“Hey aren’t you the in charge just now? You guys know each other?” Nana asked, suspicion brewing as she turned to glare at Jooyeon.

 

“Erm, I…” Jooyeon stammered. And I thought Uee’s stare was scary.

 

“Oh… I see. Alright Joo, I’ll leave you to solve your problems.” Uee grinned and walked away, avoiding the imminent storm.

 

“Nana, wait I can explain-“

 

“So you just wanted to trick me into bungee jumping?”

 

“No I-“

 

“To make a fool out of me?” Nana closed in.  

 

“I can explain. I just wanted to plan a-“

 

“Plan a surprise? You do know how long I stood here, so what kind of a surprise is this? And who’s that? You two sure look close. Did she have a part in your ‘plan’ as well?”

 

“But you overcame your fear didn’t you, haha.” Jooyeon said sheepishly.

 

“Ha. Ha. Lee. Joo. Yeon!!”

 

And the rest you can figure out.