Will you?

For me (Updated)

 

There’s something that she wanted to ask her, but she didn’t know how. She’s kept it in her heart for quite some time but she just couldn’t find the right time to do it. It’s not that she didn’t know how, or that she’s avoiding, but it takes someone the courage of a lion to do something like that. Truth is, it’s not as easy as everyone thinks, because if you were to do it, you would feel the jitters too and probably would not be able to utter a single word of sanity. And Jooyeon knew.

 

She knew it would be difficult to ask Nana right now even though they’ve been together for quite some time. There were times when she hinted Nana but Nana was not the least interested, and even overreacted once. Yes she knew what Nana was afraid of but she just had this sudden thought that she wanted to make true. And what stood in between them were probably they themselves. There’s no denying that they’re rather different people. Jooyeon has always been the dorky one, doing silly and sometimes adventurous things while Nana’s been the renowned chic, and modelesque ice princess. But well, opposites attract.  

 

And of course, she wasn’t planning to give up and she’s determined to do what she wants to do. Like they say, if you want it, go get it, not to mention the ‘it’ in this case was a person, and the experience worthy of a million. And so she’s off.

 

But wait, you gotta practice right?

 

“I have something very important to ask you. Will you… Oh no, that doesn’t sound sincere.”

 

“I have been wanting to say this, but Nana, will you give me… Argh! God, she’ll probably reject me.”

 

“Okay, maybe I should be more straightforward. Im Jin Ah, I really love you so- ”

 

“Joo, I have gotten us some ice cream!” Nana said as she approached Jooyeon from behind.

 

“Oh oh, thanks Nana!” Jooyeon said, trying to recover from her shock.

 

“What’s wrong? Did I scare you?”

 

“No, you didn’t haha.”

 

“You’re behaving rather oddly you know and… what were you mumbling just now? I thought I heard my name.”

 

“You did? No, I didn’t say anything at all, really.”

 

“Are you sure?” Nana closed in on her.

 

“Yeah haha! Hey, the ice cream’s gonna melt if we don’t eat it soon.” Jooyeon tried to divert Nana’s attention.

 

“Oh well, never mind if you don’t wish to tell me.” Nana pouted.

 

 “Wait!”

 

“Yes?” Nana’s lips were pulled into a cheeky smile.

 

“I… I er…”

 

“Uh huh. You what?”

 

“I, I have been wanting to ask you something.”

“Go on.” Nana beamed. Could it be?

 

“You know we’ve been through a lot together right?”

 

“Uh huh. So?”

 

“So.. It wouldn’t be too hard for you to accept a request from me right?”

 

“Well it depends on what the request is about.” Nana grinned, and decided to make things difficult for Jooyeon.

 

“What if… the request is about you being with me?” Jooyeon widened her eyes as she awaited Nana’s response.

 

“What do you mean ‘being with you’?” Nana asked, staring directly into Jooyeon’s eyes. The eye contact sure was getting dangerous.

 

“Erm, it just means being with me.”

 

“Erm, I don’t understand.”

 

“I…”

 

“Fine. If you do not wish to say it, then don’t.” Nana turned and walked away.

 

“Wait wait!”

 

Jooyeon went after Nana and stopped her.

 

What came after was unexpected.

 

Without waiting any further, Jooyeon knelt down in front of Nana, much to her surprise still. At that very moment, Nana felt a sense of happiness blooming within her heart. Is she going to say it?

 

Although Jooyeon kept her head down for a while and didn’t say a single word, Nana just thought she was nervous and continued to wait eagerly for her request, until…

 

Jooyeon stood up a few seconds later.

 

“There, it’s clean now.”

 

“Wait what?” Nana was flummoxed.     

 

“Your shoes, I cleaned them. There was some stain on it.” Jooyeon said, pointing to the tissue in her hand.  

 

“Huh? You’re not gonna say it?”

 

“Say what?” Jooyeon tilted her head in confusion.

 

“Your request!”

 

“Oh that!” Jooyeon chuckled. She proceeded to hold Nana’s shoulders and look her in the eye. She was determined this time, no matter the consequence – rejection or acceptance.

 

“Alright, Nana, I know you’re scared, but for me, for once will you…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Go bungee jumping with me?”