Give up

Reason
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's hard to wait around for something you know might never happen, but it's even harder to give up when it's everything you want.

 

 

 

Mina slowly opens her eyes and adjust to the brightness.

 

“Urgh!” Mina exclaims the pain on her head as she tries to sit up.

 

“Mina?” Chaeyoung wake up by the movement.

 

“You wake up! I need to call the doctor!” Chaeyoung cries as she quickly run out from the door.

 

Chaeyoung cannot help but walk back and forth in front of Mina’s room. She’s biting her nails due to the nervousness. As soon as the doctor come out, Chaeyoung quickly approaches the doctor.

 

“How is she?” Chaeyoung anticipated.

 

“Are you her guardian?”

 

“Yes. I’m her girlfriend.” Chaeyoung said without hesitation.

 

“She’s fine. We just need to take some few test and she’s free to go. Make sure she’s not stresses and getting enough rest for now.”

 

Chaeyoung’s nodded like a child, obeying the doctor’s advice.

 

“Thank you, doc..” Chaeyoung bows, thanking the doctor as the doctor leave to continue her works.

 

Chaeyoung immediately enters the room and sit beside the bed, staring at Mina while the nurse adjusting the IV droplet.

 

“Chaeyoung, what are you doing here?” Mina asks as soon as the nurse walk out from the room.

 

“Taking care of my girlfriend. What else?” Chaeyoung simply said as she helps Mina to sit comfortably.

 

“Chaeyoung, we broke up two..” Before Mina finish her words, Chaeyoung cut her.

 

“We didn’t. Neither of us talking about breaking up, remember? So you’re still my girlfriend..”

 

“You said you’re fine without me, Chaeyoung-ah..” Mina sigh.

 

Chaeyoung take a deep breath as she remembers her harsh words towards the raven woman.

 

“I’m sorry for saying those harsh words, Minari.. but why you didn’t tell me that you’re sick.. Why didn’t you tell me you’re.. dying..” Chaeyoung find it hard to say the last words.

 

Mina puckered her lips as she’s taken aback about Chaeyoung’s words.

 

“What are you talking about, Chaeyoung? Who’s dying?”

 

“You.. I mean.. Dahyun unnie said that you’re..” Chaeyoung confused.

 

So this is why you were here? Mina smile bitterly.

 

“If you thought that I’m dying, I’m sorry that I’m not. If you came here because of that then you make a mistake, Chaeyoung. I think you should go..” Mina said as she pulled away her hand from Chaeyoung’s hold and look away.

 

Mina’s words somehow make Chaeyoung feel happy but guilty and angry at the same time. She’s happy that Mina is not dying. She’s angry because they lied about Mina’s condition and made her worried. She’s feel guilty because of her harsh words hurt Mina. Chaeyoung take a deep breath, gathering her courage and throwing away her pride.

 

“Mina.. Hey, look at me..” Chaeyoung’s other hand hold Mina’s hand and the other one, hold Mina’s chin, making Mina look at her. Chaeyoung can see the glistening tears in Mina’s eyes.

 

“I’m really sorry for saying those words to you. I made a mistake, not because I came here but saying those harsh words to you. I am really sorry. I’m a fool for hurting you but I’m telling you that it was a stupid lie. You don’t know how much I’m missing you that sometimes I thought I saw you somewhere near me. I tried to find you. When I saw you in Jeju, I controlled myself from throwing myself to you. I was angry because you acted as if you don’t know me, that’s why I tried to distant myself from you. It’s hard, Mina. It’s hard to do that when my heart still s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter