0.01

parecido

 

*Alternate universe: EXO’s timeline

 

The moment was too sudden and suspicious to be true, but could anyone blame him? Despite the temptation, he couldn’t just point a gun to someone who, in the right mind, has the same name and face as his.

How did an afternoon shopping turn into a heated situation? Mafia boss Park Chanyeol meets Korean idol group EXO’s Park Chanyeol. What a crazy predicament.

 

 

Despite the reputations he holds, Park Chanyeol is still a normal human. He possesses steel heart when it comes to obligations which put his illegal work on assess, but like everyone else, he requires love and attention from someone who holds dearly his heart, Park Baekhyun, his other half.

It isn’t unexpected to be said that Baekhyun would have that much effect on the mafia boss’ personality, ever since he officially became a Park, he is the only one capable of calming Chanyeol’s wild and ruthless mind. It is not surprising as well to attribute this love he is giving to the smaller man, in a rather tight and protective manner, deeming his significant other not to separate from him in a meter range or he would go possibly crazy in worry and anger.

So how did such an innocent afternoon of shopping at the mall, stressed the hell out of Baekhyun?

“ WHAT THE -“

Ultimately,  it wouldn’t come so sudden for mafia boss Park Chanyeol to berserk when his wife was unceremoniously snatched from his grasp, and called by his previous family name- no one dare calls his wife Byun anymore, to people who know them and wish to preserve their lives away from Park’s warnings. The mafia family was held hidden from the eyes of the onlookers, and Park Chanyeol likes to keep it that way.

“ H-huuuh?” Park Baekhyun was beyond conflicted. The moment he was pulled back by an arm, he remembered his husband turning around in menacing glare, however, he quite sure heard the same voice of his husband calling him, in his ‘Byun’ courtesy, surprisingly. He stared in daze and wonder. Oh how this young man holding on to his arm with an etched large grin on his face looks almost . . .like. . . his husband, though he couldn’t configure much because of the sunglasses and cap he’s wearing.

“ Who-“ Before he could confront the familiar-looking man, his free arm not clasped by the man was yanked back roundly again to face his husband. Both his arms are now trapped between his husband, Park Chanyeol, and a Chanyeol-lookalike.

“ Hey, the hell’s your problem, man? You better let go of his arm if you want to leave this premise unscathed. “ There went his husband’s voice laced with warning. Baekhyun panicked.

“ W-wait Chan-“

“ You’re the one who should let go, mister. You’re hurting him.”

Baekhyun was baffled. This. . . young man, has the same voice as Chanyeol’s himself! He sneaked a glance up his husband to show his confusion, but apparently his prideful husband was busy glaring at the other.

The other man chanced a confident step near Baekhyun, his hold on his arm sliding down to his waist. Baekhyun almost lurched in shock.

The mafia boss almost lost it.

Within a second range, a fuming Park Chanyeol prepared an upper cut. Baekhyun predicted the situation ahead and released himself from the other man’s hold, halting his husband’s attempt of probably killing the innocent young man by immediately dragging his husband backwards to create some distance.  “Wait! Wait! There would be no violence on my watch. “ Baekhyun insisted, receiving the daggers sent by the mafia boss for actually saving the stranger from the collision of his fist to his face.

Baekhyun, why are you stopping me?”

“ I-It’s not that-  I- Chanyeol-“

“ WHAT?  “Yes?” His husband half yelled, and the stranger at his back spoke simultaneously.

In complete surprise of what he just heard, Baekhyun paused, looking at his husband who was equally as shocked as he was,  and turned his head to look at the stranger. “ . . . What. . did you say?”

The stranger, who responded to Baekhyun’s call of his husband’s name, was also livid to hear their thoughts. He took off his sunglasses. “ Y-Your name is Chanyeol too?  And- And you’re Baekhyun, right? “

Baekhyun approached the stranger and gasped. His face, ears, eyes, all the prominent features of his husband- he was a living clone of Park Chanyeol! Only this man was quite younger in observation, having only taller by a head of Baekhyun while he cannot even reach his husband’s shoulders. He could not believe it, he almost looked like the Park Chanyeol from their college that travelled through a time machine.  “But how-“

“ Yah, Baek, if this is one of your pranks, you better stop now. “ The stranger grumbled, losing his mind from the strange occurrence. “ You specifically emailed me that we will meet here, but you’re half an hour late! And you even brought someone that looks and has the same name as mine?”

The mafia boss stepped in between his wife and the man, ceasing the conversation of the two. He wrapped his arm gently yet firmly around Baekhyun and placed him at the side. Baekhyun, obliged, but kept a curious wide eye to the stranger. 

The mafia boss watched the stranger’s surprise face, as he took off his glasses as well. “ He is not your Baekhyun.  It is not in my delight to entertain more of this mess, so I’ll go directly to the point. From what familia are you, to make a sick joke like this? I am not in any way amused to have my face copied, but since you have obviously charmed my wife with your monstrosities, I will let you go right now, only if you promise to-“

“ Hey, who says I’m going? I came here for Baekhyun! And what nonsense are you saying? I am not someone’s clone.” The stranger cut.

Baekhyun stared in awe, from the supernatural scene he’s watching. Who would have thought that the first man who dared cut the mafia boss’ words was his own clone?

Park Chanyeol, with his patience tingling to a thread, tightened his fist. “ I said, Baekhyun is not the one you are searching for. “

“ Yah, are you saying I’m the crazy one here? Any person can tell he’s Baekhyun, my friend. “

The very person of their interest sneaked between them, heaving both to take a step back to allow him inside. “ There is no reason to fight over this! “ He faced the look-a-like. “ Mr. Chanyeol, I would like to clarify all these misunderstandings. If there is really someone named Baekhyun that you know of, it’s not me. I belong to this person, you see. “ He pointed out the man behind him.

“ You are not Baekhyun that I know of. You belong to him. You belong to this. . this Park Chanyeol.  “ The stranger repeated his words.

Baekhyun nodded. “ Yes, yes. It sounds absurd, but the situation is more out-of-hand. I cannot  even begin with my confusions. But I guess we should do with a formal introduction, shall we? “ He quickly slipped his arm around his stiff husband. “ Okay, so this is Park Chanyeol, my husband, and he’s a businessman. I am his wife, Park Baekhyun, an interior designer and professional event planner. “

The lone man awkwardly swayed, quite wary from the closeness of the couple in front of him who exactly are the photocopies of him and his friend. “ Uhh I’m Park Chanyeol. I’m a member of EXO, a Korean idol group. “

“EXO? I think I’ve heard of that one before, I’m not sure.” Baekhyun muttered. He clapped his hands. “ Anyway! We have formally introduced ourselves with each other, so how about joining us for some hot pancakes and coffee, Mr. young Chanyeol? Hm?

Twenty-five minutes later, EXO’s Chanyeol is seated inside a fancy restaurant he would not recall recommending s, because the style was too, in his own words, “parent-y”, a place he could give a perfect score but preferred not to casually visit to if there is no event needed.  He did not know how exactly he was pulled to join them, but despite having seen the older ‘him’, he’s rather more intrigued by the man’s smaller counterpart.

In front of him was the two couple whom he’s currently observing. Older Chanyeol’s arm was wrapped around his wife, which Baekhyun rested on while focusing on the menu. This. . .certain older Byun Baekhyun is nerving him. His movements do not show a hint of disgracefulness and has an aura of someone he could not mess with his prankish nature. He is the total duplicate but at the same time different in ways.

Mature. That’s the word, and he’s somehow interested in this mature Baekhyun.

“ We will have this special pancake. Two of these.  Coffee for me and a glass of wine for my husband. “ Baekhyun ordered, then quickly settled the menu down the table. “ How about you, young Chanyeol? You can choose anything you like, this old Chanyeol will treat us for today.” The businessman rounded his arm around Baekhyun’s neck in playful manner before gesturing to his young lookalike the menu with a silent nod.

Young Chanyeol jumped and snatched the said material. “ Oh uhm these waffles look delicious, I guess. “ Everything was expensive, but truthfully no one in the table actually cares, they all have the capability.

“ That’s it? Coffee?” Baekhyun asked.

“ I’d go for a fruit shake. “ Chanyeol was quite craving for some apple shake.

He watched the waiter dismissed himself and heard the older Baekhyun laugh. “ Aw fruit shake? That’s so cute. When my husband was in your age, he wasn’t too much like you. He’s too serious for his own good! “

The older Chanyeol sighed. “ Baekhyun.

Young Chanyeol rose an eyebrow. Judging from their appearances, they could not be that way older than him, could they? “ If you don’t mind me asking, how old are you two exactly?”

“ Oh! I’m 32 and Yeollie here is 31.”

Young Chanyeol was surprised. They are that old?! Their looks are far too young for their age. Not that he’s completely jealous of this old Chanyeol’s complexion but he wished his youth would stay the same as theirs in his 30s as well. “ Cool. “ He left the topic at that.

“ So, young Chanyeol, this friend of yours. Tell me about him. “

“ Baekhyun? Well, he’s a replicate of you, I guess. “

“ I know that, silly boy.  What does he do for a living? “

Chanyeol twisted the glass of water at his hands. “ Baekhyun and I are members of the group. We are singers. “

“ Singers? “ There was a certain glint that passed by Baekhyun’s eyes “ My look-a-like is a singer? Do you know how badly I wish to sing during my designed events, but I am so busy monitoring everything that I don’t get the chance to! “

“ We could always place a music room in our home, baby. “ Older Chanyeol mused.

Baekhyun laughed and squeezed his husband’s cheeks. He declined the offer, knowing for years now how far and serious Chanyeol would get through measures once he discovers another of his likings. “ No, no! It’s okay! Singing lullabies to our bumblebees is enough for me. “

The person at the other end of the table choked. “ Wait- you-you have babies?”

“ Yes, they are 1 year old twins. “ The older Chanyeol announced, proud evident from his tone.

“W-What? But how-“ He was momentarily halted by a smaller hand placed atop of his.

Baekhyun was smiling understandably at him. “ Would you like to go to the bathroom before the food arrives? “

The young Chanyeol easily depicted his message. “ Ooooh. . .Oh! Yeah, I could use a bladder break, I guess. “ Then he rushed out of the scene, coming to a halt at the near corner meter away from their table. He watched their interaction, though he cannot hear a thing of what they were saying, and lip-reading is not really his forte.

Back at the table, once the young boy announced his temporary leave, Baekhyun clasped both his husband’s hands. “ Chanyeollie, honey, why don’t you buy some more foods we can bring back at home? The pancakes would probably take some time. “

Of course, Chanyeol would be totally against that idea, more so that this action is very noticeable to Chanyeol, he can sense that Baekhyun is planning something he’s not going to like. Baekhyun lifted his hands to hold his cheeks with his palms. “ Please? This young innocent boy can’t possibly do anything to me, and it’s a public mall, Yeol. You can leave some of your men. I just need to talk to him privately. “

“ Privately? You know I won’t let you be alone with someone we just met by now.  A stranger who looks just exactly like me gives me more reason not to. ” The older sneered in low voice, holding each of Baekhyun’s wrists.

Baekhyun sighed. This is one of the scenarios he encounters each day. Being the highest seat of a mafia familia does have some consequences to pay. “ Can’t you see, Yeol? He’s calculating his movements because of you. “

 What do you me-“

“ He’s scared of you, Chanyeol.” He whispered. “ You might not recognize it from his façade, but I tell you, I can share his nerves whenever he speaks. Let him breathe some air, alright? Please? “

There was a silence between them, no one attempting to break the gaze. Minutes after, the dominant of the pair slouched at his seat and sighed. “ Fine. If that is your wish, then I will have to do with it for now. But no more than twenty minutes you hear? “ He added sternly.

His pair smiles in relief. “ Twenty minutes is fine enough. Thank you, honey. “

“ This is totally against my idea.” Chanyeol grumbled. “ You must understand that I am doing this not for my own purpose-“

“ I know, I know, Yeol.” He was silenced by an initiated peck at each side of his cheeks by the smaller man. “ I know, you are just protecting me, I know and I love you for that. I will be in my highest alert, I would not want to worry you more. “

“ Okay. “ Came the dignified voice of his husband. “ Okay, glad that we’re still on the same page, Park Baekhyun. “ Then Chanyeol’s attention turned to a corner of a hallway towards the restroom. “ He never entered the restroom you know, that boy. “

“ Then I shall give you your time. “ He calmly and gracefully stood up from his seat, grabbing his needed necessities and leaving his coat around his wife. “ I should probably buy some diapers on the way. “ He suggested.

“ Okay, you do that, hubby. “ Baekhyun proudly informed.

With a nod, the mafia boss left the vicinity.

The moment his older clone is nowhere to be seen, young Chanyeol appeared back to the table.

Baekhyun smiled. “ Had fun watching us? “

“ What? No! Haha- why must I watch you two- nope hahaha.” Bright as a tomato, Chanyeol reasoned.

The older Baekhyun was definitely pleased. The personality of this Chanyeol in front of him has the possible 360 degree attitude from his husband. He never was this jolly, vocal and definitely not at all stutter. “ I love Chanyeol.”

Chanyeol almost choked on his own saliva, if not for the momentary remembrance of the coat towering around the other man’s small physique. “ Uh yeah, the other Chanyeol. Okay, I get it. “

“ Do you love me, Chanyeol?”

“ Y-You?” Chanyeol looked momentarily puzzled by the sudden interrogation. “ What do –“

“ Do you love the other me?  The Byun Baekhyun you have?” Baekhyun teased at the growing blush and turmoil at the other man’s face. “ It has been a while since I have heard that family name.  My husband does not like mentioning it because I came from a disastrous family, I do not even want to recall. “ He chanced a long glance at the shimmering ring at his middle finger. “ But anyway, that is the pass, what I want to tell you is the future of me and the other Baekhyun.”

“ Future? You can predict the future?”

“ No, Chanyeol. Silly.” He giggled. “ I want you to be with Byun Baekhyun together. “

“ . . . “

“ To date, get married and what not.” Baekhyun clarified.

“ With Baekhyun? He is my best friend though.” Chanyeol convinced, noting the sly grin protruding from the other’s mouth. “ No, really, we’re close, but not that close of what you’re thinking of. Well, a lot of fans ship us and all, we even won an award for it, but-“

“ Young Park Chanyeol, how about I tell you all the key points to Byun Baekhyun’s heart? You never know, even best friends end up together. “  

A fully pleased grin emit from Baekhyun’s face. He has this strong hunch that this Byun Baekhyun treats this young fellow more than what Chanyeol assumes their relationship to be. After all, he and his husband were at the same terms many years ago. ‘

 

 

 

“ Excuse me, I would like to ask some things labelled in this cereal. “

The mafia boss Park Chanyeol was confused the moment he entered the grocery section of the mall. Every person around the vicinity is giving him glances, some were even attempting to snatch a photo of him, but thankfully he has his men to prevent the trouble.

Back at the matter, the lady who he directed his concern with was blushing madly, retrieving the box he gave and consciously eyeing him between reading the label. “ Oh uhm sir, would you like to see the recommended cereal for baby?”

“ Yes, that would be nice.”

The lady ran quickly to get the said item, leaving him flabbergasted by everyone’s actions. It’s not that he has never been to a mall, especially in groceries, he just was not always been there if there is his wife who is more conscious to everything they buy for the house.

“Chanyeol!”

The wind-or rather wind from the air conditioner- was not fooling him, but he heard Baekhyun’s voice calling him. He turned around to meet the eyes of his wife, only that it was not the Park Baekhyun he was expecting.

This man, he is Byun Baekhyun.

“  Where have you been, Chanyeol? I’ve been calling your phone! “ The man beside the Baekhyun-looking guy exclaimed earning his attention.
Chanyeol was rather displeased by the sudden burst in front of him from a commoner but he rather keep in peace if he wants to go back to his wife unscathed.

“Yeollie, did the stylist nuna change your clothes while I’m away? It looks good on you!” Baekhyun’s lookalike spoke, liking how the black long-sleeved shirt hugs his bestfriend’s figure. “ That is so not you, but I like this change! “ He laughed.

Mafia boss Park Chanyeol decided that he likes this Byun Baekhyun’s laughs too.

“So, you want to eat somewhere? My treat! ”

Mafia boss Park Chanyeol decided that he also likes the glitter in Byun Baekhyun’s eyes.

 

 

 

 

//end// or not?

 

again, this is not beta-ed, and i have no time to revise yadda yadda lol. 

anyway, for my constant readers, expect a "real" update this christmas haha. 

Merry Christmas, everyone!