The Little Rough Diamond

To Reach You Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
A ROUGH DIAMOND

Nam Ji Hyun had just finished her shooting photo with STAR magazine. She managed to respond to the question of the MC without any problems. She tried to stay as spontaneous as possible. She even joked about the kiss scenes and succeeded to hide her embarrassment. Good Job Jyun-aa.

However since the wrap-up party, she was really confused. She worked hard to not think about what happened that day. 

Her dear Co-Star hardly talked to her during the last days of shooting. He even limited theirs interactions to the strict minimum, to the point that she was heavy-hearted towards the end of the drama. She was conviced that Ji Chang Oppa was going to be one more on the list.  One more name in the list of her previous co-stars with whom she had lost any contact. They were not even going to have interview together or some photos. She heard that both of their agencies were not planning to do it. Due to his upcoming enlistment his schedules had been already filled and there was no more place for her in it…

And then that happened. He brushed the back of his hand against her. Back then she thought he was just trying to help her with the table so she didn’t do anything. But later her manager and staff of her agency summoned her for an « important conversation ». 

It had been one of the most uncomfortable moment of her life until now. She answered calmly to them and denied any relationship with Ji Chang Wook Oppa. However they didn’t stop there, one of the member of the communication team showed her a little video. The quality was really mediocre. But if anyone paid attention to it : it was quite obvious. Ji Chang Wook oppa brushed her hand. The view of this little video made her pause. This discovery left her speechless at first. But she managed to keep her composure. « I’m not dating Ji Chang Wook Oppa. It’s ridiculous, why he would date me ? He wasn’t paying attention. ». That was the only rational answer she could give at that moment. Their improvised meeting ended with a series of advices. They keep arguing that it would be better for her to not expose her friendship with Ji Chang Wook anymore. To be very careful and if possible stop liking his posts on the SNS. « You had to move on now Jyun-sshi : only think about your career and your future studies ».That's what they said. 

Those advices really irritated her. She found them so unfair.

But she was conscious that she was in the entertainment industry and every little details mattered. She was not in a position to negotiate. She could not give a voice. She was still « a newbie » and had to prove herself.

She sighs and tried to not be overwhelmed by the pressure. 

Also a part of her also wished to have never know the existence of the video. Because this video gave her something she didn’t want : Hope. Maybe her feelings were not  one-sided …. Her heart tightened. Since the beginning she had always refuse this eventuality… She was resolute to lock out his feelings for him. This simple gesture meant so much to her....

Nam Ji Hyun sighs again. She was supposed to join her manager after the shooting photo. But suddenly she hide herself in the angle of the corridor. She wondered if Ji Chang Wook Oppa had also some issues with his agency.  She couln't stop thinking about him. She also needed answer from him. She needed to know if there was really something that justified the annoying behavior of her agency towards her. She refused to stay under the grip of her agency. 

She gathered all her courage and took her phone. She send him a message.

« Oppa I'm sorry to disturb you. Is everything ok ? »

The answer came instantly, she twitched and her phone almost fell off. Fortunately she had the good reflex.  

« I’m fine JiHyun Yangie. Do you have some time ? I need to tell you something important before I’ll enlist. Face to face. »

He wanted to see her and tell her something. Face to Face. What could it be ? Her heartbeat accelerated .She had the feeling that it was going to explode at any moment. Stupid treacherous heart. She unconsciously tightened her free hand against her chest. She needed to calm down and she responded.

« I wanted to talk to you too ...Tell me when and where I’ll try to arrange my schedules for you. ».

The answer came once again instantly.

" Could you meet me at my photo studio tomorrow afternoon. Please ? »

She couldn’t help but smile. She was going to see him tomorrow. This was enough to make her happy but at the same time she was frightened. What was he going to say ? Was he going to talk about the video incident ? Did she do something bad ? So much questions jostle in her minds. She still responded to him.

" Count on me. I'll be there Oppa. Thank you for your precious time. « .

Suddenly her phone rang. She frizzed. It was him.  Her hand shook but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter