Waste (Jinkook)

Sat/Sun Drabbles


Most of the time their food didn't go to waste since there was a member eating at all times. So when Seokjin had to throw away food for the first time, it baffled him. It wasn't much food, just half a pot full of soup that wet bad but it was still something. He remembered when he made the soup just two weeks ago and they all had had time to eat from the pot. He frowned as he dumped the soup and started cleaning the pot, trying to think when was the last time he had eaten the soup. Seokjin rinsed off the pot and then thought about the past week and when was the last time anyone had home-cooked food since they had been very busy and kept ordering out. 

He looked inside the refrigerator, wondering if there was enough time to make Namjoon and Yoongi something before they came back from dance practice. He knew that Jimin and Taehyung weren't coming back for a while so only Jungkook was resting in his bed, or rather the floor since his bed was full of stuff. Seokjin rubbed his tummy and decided that he was hungry himself so he checked all the packets of food, choosing to cook fried rice since the ham was close to expiring. 

He diced peppers, ham, onion, and sausage to brown in a pan while the rice cooked in their rice cooker. He added some black pepper and salt before squirting in a little hot pepper paste mixed with honey and soy sauce. When the rice was finished, he added it to meat and veggie mixture before stirring it all up. Seokjin took a deep breath, his mouth watering from his good it smelt. He turned off the heat before moving to grab some of the kimchi out of the fridge, cutting it into one inch squares. A simple meal but he knew the others would like it. 

Seokjin dipped his head outside the kitchen, “Jungkook-ah! I made fried rice so come and get some if you want.”

Seokjin took some fried rice into his bowl with plenty of kimchi and sat down with a glass of soda. He used his chopsticks to take a piece of kimchi and wrap some fried rice in it. It was spicy, sweet, sour, and just delicious. He heard footsteps and smiled to see a sleepy Jungkook shuffle into the kitchen. “Hyung I'm so sleepy, feed me.”

Shooting his dongsaeng a fond look, Seokjin patted his thigh, knowing that he would regret it since Jungkook was very heavy with muscles. He grunted as Jungkook sat on him, his arms coming around to wrap around Jungkook's waist. He took his spoon and scooped up some rice, adding a tiny bit of kimchi. “Open up you big baby.” 

Seokjin fed Jungkook, cooing when he ate without any fuss. “There we go. How is it?” Jungkook swallowed and winked, “Delicious. More.”

Seokjin chuckled and fed himself in between Jungkook's bites. They finished the bowl and Seokjin yawned, cuddling Jungkook and more than ready to take a nap.